• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

July Sprite Contest [Entry Thread]

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    Okilydokily peoples, this months contest will be handled by none other than everyone's favorite mod Tendo! *cough, cough* XD

This months theme:
    Patriotic
    Feeling, expressing, or inspired by love for one's country.

You can make anything as long as your sprite looks patriotic. Examples of this would be a sprite of the American flag, fireworks (4th of July), etc. Basically if you think your sprite can be applied with the definition above, then it's patriotic and you should enter it.

Obviously the reason behind this month?s theme is America's national holiday, Independence Day. However, I realize American's aren't the only people posting at PC. If your from another country, don't fret, you simply take the above theme and apply it to your country. For example, if you?re from Canada, make a sprite of the Canadian flag. Simple enough, right?

I'm extremely happy to announce that starting this month the 1st place winner will get their sprite posted in the future HotS Contest Hall of Fame thread. The thread should be up before the end of the month. I hope the creation of the Hall of Fame thread will add a little incentive for everyone making sprites for the contest. XP

Prizes:
    1st Induction into the HotS Contest Hall of Fame, bragging rights, trophy sprite
    2nd bragging rights, trophy sprite
    3rd bragging rights, trophy sprite
    4th bragging rights
    5th bragging rights

Contest ends on the 29th and the results WILL BE posted on the 31st.

Sprites will be judged on originality and quality. I'm not accepting any judges at the moment, but that's subject to change. I do need someone to help me in making the trophy sprites. If you'd like to help out, please PM me.

Do not discuss the contest in this thread!
    The contest discussion thread can be found here.

Last edited:

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    Well,I can see that I'll be the first one to submit something... Well somebody has to break the ice... Anyway here is my country's something(don't know how you call it):

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
    How many things can you enter in this contest (Please note this is going to be my first contest...)

Anyway here's my entry...Not very good though (it's around about 96.7% custom made the only thing is his shoes).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 1, 2024
    from the war in iraq which is still going on an english troop unit

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Well,after 2 hours,im done..><
    100% custom. If you are incredibly stupid,it's Uncle Sam,the guy who you always see saying "We Want You"

Ionem

.biomechanic.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2005

The hitmonchan's clothes are recolored, his hat's original. The flag and stars are original, too. Very proud of them.

Here it is without the monster.

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
    Haha, I like this freehand better than the recolor, so I'll enter this instead.

It still pales in comparison, but at least it looks like I did something -_-''

Eig

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    My entry. Not so good as some others... Polish Gulpin:

Back