• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jupiter's Artwork

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • Blah. I do artwork. Wooopie.

Anyways, a lot of it is GS themed, so you may not know all of it, but here's a lot of my recent stuffies:
    More stuff:
    Jupiter's Artwork

WTF was I thinking when I drew this? And Hamma is one of the hardest characters to draw EVER.
    Jupiter's Artwork

A lot of people want me to be a tattoo artist... for some reason I'm hesitant...
    Jupiter's Artwork

Who's that Pokemon???
    Jupiter's Artwork

Heading towards Lunpa
    Jupiter's Artwork

Mossdeep Tribune
    Jupiter's Artwork

Favorite Characters: Ivan, Steven, Lorelei (NOT LAPRAS) and Murkrow.
    And that's it for now. Expect more later.
    Jupiter's Artwork

Serious boredom with this recolor. I'm obviously not done yet... I was listening to history notes while doing this.
    Jupiter's Artwork

Ah, and a random picture of Rachel riding her signature pokemon Cyngabrawl to boot. And yes, Cyngabrawl is the evolution of Attamigan. And on my English worksheet? Oh my!
    Jupiter's Artwork

Something I drew in english today due to immense boredom.
    Something random:
    Jupiter's Artwork

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Wow some of these are unbelievable. But then one I love the most is the 'tattoo'. Did you use a pen to do that, or is it a real tattoo?
    It looks so detailed and amazing. Love it.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Eeeep. I hope this doesn't count as a revival - I saw no point in making another topic XD
    Here's some more stuff:
    Jupiter's Artwork

OMFG IT'S ROBARIO. Actually, what was going on in my mind when I drew this remains obsolete...
    Jupiter's Artwork

Recently I've been drawing a lot of birds. It's really my strongpoint, so yeah. If you're wondering, that's a black billed magpie. You don't actually see them where I live - I used a field guide with photographs to help me draw it.
    Jupiter's Artwork

Everyone complains about the sword... they always say it's too simple! Ugh, it's driving me up a wall. Actually, I almost never draw swords, and I'm quite suprised that nobody noticed that it's a bit crooked =P
    Jupiter's Artwork

First part in a 5 sketch series titled "The Rod". This picture is titled "The Troubled". The others, in the order I'll be drawing them in are "The Telepathic", "The Brave", "The Sacrifice" and "The Defeat".

I MUST CONVINCE MYSELF TO DRAW MORE POKEMANS XD

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Well, I only have one picture for you today:
    Jupiter's Artwork

Basically, Ivan's mind read has an alternative effect - it allows him to send messages to others with only his mind.
    So, Ivan uses Reveal to see the cards and sends those messages to the man next to him, Steven, so that he can win more money. Ivan has the powers, Steven knows the rules.

Anyways, feel free to tear this one to shreds with the critisism. I really don't care much about this one (as you could probably tell from the shading)

Last edited:

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    I love the magpie! (I think it's a magpie?) It looks realistic and stylized at the same time.

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Don't assume that my crit means I don't like the drawing-- I think it's pretty well done, and I like the tones.
    hair: the front looks kind of chunky, maybe you should draw a few more individual strands?
    hand: seems small compared to the size and length of the arm. The fingers and knuckles are looking great though.
    wrist: seems wide, and there's a bone missing. (take a look at your wrist, there should be a little bump of a bone jutting out the right side of your right wrist/left side of left wrist.)
    gun smoke: doesn't really look whispy and smoke-like. Don't be afraid to add some swirls/waves to it, it could add a lot of style to the picture.
    random: There are birds out at night? :P

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Thanks thar, I'll take that hand help into consideration I draw another pic. I suck at hands T_T I'm suprised that you didn't notice that the trigger's facing the wrong way XD

On the hair... Ivan's hair is known for being drawn chunky. Even the official artist drew him with really chuncky hair, but if it were Steven I would have added a lot more individual strands.

And yes, there are bird in the night. Not only owls lurk the night...

Now that I think about it, there's a lot more to be done. Thanks!

EDIT: Don't worry, I read your advice, I just didn't want to make another post that just said "Thanks that really helps". But it's useful, nonetheless!

Last edited:

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    No problem at all, glad to help! As for making hands easier, this may help you, it's what helped me at first.
    Jupiter's Artwork

Dividing the hand into 6 sections can make finger placement easier.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Lynx, that tutorial has been helping me out so much recently, thanks!
    Jupiter's Artwork

I worked on it some more. And added a bit of a Sepia tone to it, but yeah.

To be honest, I make so few banners that I don't see a purpose in starting a new thread for this, but someone requested this:
    Jupiter's Artwork

Actually, it's more like he begged me to death for this. He recently got an obsession over Yuber from the Suikoden series (actually, I know so little about it I may be spelling it wrong. Correct me if I am XD)...

I'll tell you three things before you critizise the crap out of me. First, I don't use renders (GASP!). Second, I use neither Adobe Photoshop or GIMP, I use something called Corel X, which forces me to rather than copy and paste and smash things together to make a signature, I actually have to pull out the brushes and make a unique background (without the cool looking swirls and stuff) that is more like graffiti than anything else. Corel X is not designed for making graphics, rather, it is designed to make fine artwork (not that design isn't artwork - I'm talking more painting-like art and the such).

So sure. My graphics look a hell of a lot different than a lot of other people's. But to me, rather than achiving a sense of realism with high quality renders, why not express yourself by making use of the brushes as an artist on a traditional medium, and why not challenge yourself to perfecting lower quality images? I always see to many people who dis people like me who don't use the norm and generate banners that are very different from status quo. Rather than rewarding creativity, they bash for being different.
    So to you other designers - take a word of advice. Rather than try to be perfect, try to be expressive. Be bold. Give your graphics emotion. That's what art's all about ^^
    I'm not angry at anyone or trying to dis them. Just a small opinion on sigwork.

But, back on topic... I think I made it a bit too sharp and "pop artish" but it still is an interesting look. Very different from my typical stuff, it's very twisted and rather sinister while most of my stuff is more upbeat (my current signature banner would be an exception, of course ^^)

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Jupiter's Artwork

Random thing I drew, mainly because some guy picked up on Yuber, and I did too... XP

And also, this is sort of a memory test for me - I basically drew this without using any reference. Considering I didn't really study him frame at all, I think I did a good job.

Back