• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jurassic Park

Would you create your own Jurassic Park givin the chance

• yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • no

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Yes, it would be a terrific benefit to science to be able to study such a long-dead species. It would definitely give us some answers as to how the world we see today came to be.

However, until we can grow a dinosaur embryo in an artificial egg to the point where it can actually live on its own, we would need to an animal that was closely enough related to a dinosaur that it would be able to lay the actual eggs. The closest animals alive to day are of course birds, but I doubt they would be able to still lay dinosaur eggs after 65 million years.

Maybe we could sort of work down the evolutionary ladder, first resurrecting recent animals and then progressively older animals until we get to dinosaurs? It could work, but I'm not a Biologist. :P

I'm sure there are scientists some where in the world working on the problem.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I can see it happening some day when/if it is possible. Early 90s...not so much. There is a desire to see it happen I suppose. The dinosaurs (and other ancient beasts) are easily the most popular attractions in a museum. Many zoos have recently started (on a temporary basis) adding robotic-dinosaur attraction. Look at how huge a hit Walking With Dinosaurs was (a documentary!) and the stage show it inspired. Jurassic Park is popular, spanning two books, three films (a fourth is on the way), video games, and countless merchandise. When the first film premiered the world price of amber went up XD

I...would like to see it. However, as scientifically wonderfully as that would be I think the point of the novel was Malcolm being right the entire time about the impending collapse of the park. Chaos Theory. Unless I completely misread the book I think the point of it was (besides being amazing entertaining) is that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. If something can go wrong, it will.

waterelemental

One who watches for the dawn
    Years
    I dont think creating something like that wouldn't be in your best intrest you could screw up and create something or bring back somthing you aren't prepared for

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Wow. I seriously didn't expect a lot of the things in this thread. Okay, first off: dinosaurs are not bullet proof, as much as Jurassic Park acts like they are. We could kill them if absolutely necessary. Second, it's really not that difficult to contain animals. You just need a really big enclosure and a really big fence, and someone to keep an eye on things.

That said, I think it would be great if humans brought back a few dinosaurs. It's hard to argue against how cool it would be, let alone the scientific knowledge that could be gained.

zerwey

:3
    Years
    I don't think so. If the dinosaurs were brought back to life they would be on of the few predators in the world that people are afraid of. Even though we probably would start eating them o.O

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back