• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Just a few questions

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2017
    So I decided to look into making a game with pokemon essentials and I was kinda hoping based on the fact it was basically recompiled together that it could be heavily modified.

Q1. Is it possible to modify the leveling system as I couldnt really find anything other then max level and exp for said levels? I am looking more at stuff like stat gain or in my case no gain.

Q2. Is it possible to add in brand new systems in the menu as a level system replacement assuming Q1 is answered with a yes.

I know this would take a good amount of programming skill to make as I never used ruby before but I do know C# and java(Alittle basically the same thing) and some other stuff.

One more thing what program do you suggest in making custom sprites like for buildings and people?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    For the sprites I recommend Paint.net as it allows you to make transparent sprites and it's free.

PurpleSmeargle

Composer, Spriter, Fakemon Artist
    Years
    Some old versions of Photoshop are free and you can do anything with Photoshop. However, spriting can be achieved through free more recent softwares, as already said.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2017
    I just got a old version of photoshop but I didn't really know how to use it at the time let alone know it could be used for spriting but I learn alot in the last few days. thanks for your help guys.

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
    For question 1: Yes it is possible as far as I have looked into. You just need to find the right script and then modify it for your needs. From my experience it can be hard to figure that out though

For question 2: Yes. You can add lots of new things and system. What are you thinking off?

Back