• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just an idea...

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    How about Pokemon nickname contests, say....weekly? I used to visit the IGN forums, and they would do this. Every week, the admins/mods would choose a Pokemon, and members would submit their nicknames for it. Then some judges would vote and choose the winner. In the event they can't choose, they can pick two finalists, and let the members vote for their favorite.

Or if that doesn't work, it would be cool to have some kind of thread in which we can "show off" our Pokemon nicknames. I take pride in nicknaming my Pokemon?

P.S. I know there have been nickname threads in the past, but they're all severely outdated. So is there a way to have a nickname topic that will always be open? I guess that would be my true suggestion.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • P.S. I know there have been nickname threads in the past, but they're all severely outdated. So is there a way to have a nickname topic that will always be open? I guess that would be my true suggestion.

You're always welcome to open a new thread if all of the current threads are severely out of date.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    How about Pokemon nickname contests, say....weekly? I used to visit the IGN forums, and they would do this. Every week, the admins/mods would choose a Pokemon, and members would submit their nicknames for it. Then some judges would vote and choose the winner. In the event they can't choose, they can pick two finalists, and let the members vote for their favorite.

Or if that doesn't work, it would be cool to have some kind of thread in which we can "show off" our Pokemon nicknames. I take pride in nicknaming my Pokemon?

P.S. I know there have been nickname threads in the past, but they're all severely outdated. So is there a way to have a nickname topic that will always be open? I guess that would be my true suggestion.

I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused.

You want a contest created by the staff based on nicknames? I don't see why that's really relevant since you can do that on your own. The reason for that is because what people nickname their Pokemon is really up to them as it reflects their own personality and life. Whether it be named after one of your friends, something you really like or something you really dislike. Having a contest may discourage some involved and they may no longer give their Pokemon nicknames or share them with others.

But nevertheless, what you're suggesting doesn't have to be done by a staff member. I don't see why a regular member of the community, or even yourself, can't make a thread about showcasing nicknames of various Pokemon.

This thread isn't outdated and deals with what you're talking about. Perhaps going there and showcasing what nicknames you give your Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Well, I thought contests would encourage people to try to come up with nicknames. Oh well.

I don't know how I missed that thread, but it'll do. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    That (contests making people active) only works with the people interested in participating in those contests. You can throw them out left and right but unless you have a vast amount of members of the community being willing to participate in a contest such as the one you suggested, it's not going to encourage any kind of new activity that couldn't be achieved in another way.

Back