• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just another user :]

RepulbicOfPokemon

I liek Mudkipz
Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    Hey guys!

Lets start with the basic details. I'm from Singapore and I am 16 this year. I have been in the hacking scene for around two years now, though my skills are still considered beginner-ish compared to many of you here. I must say, I'm really impressed by this community, there are lots of experts here.

I am a mapper, and I am currently learning how to script. I haven't tried working in a team before, and I hope to do so soon. Something tells me that I'll have a whale of a time here!

xoxo

EDIT : GREAT. I made a silly typo in Republic :X Instead of Republic my name is Repulbic :(
    Well forget it, I'll still have fun :D

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Let me be the first to welcome you to the board! Hope to see you around and communicate more!

You'll have a blast here, I know I am! :) First, let's start by sharing your favorite Pokemon :)

EDIT: By a second...guess I'm the 2nd to welcome you after all!

RepulbicOfPokemon

I liek Mudkipz
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    Thank you to both of ya ;)

My favorite Pokemon is Mudkip because I used it for the first challenge I ever received.

When I first got my Emerald my friend dared me to complete it only using Mudkip. It was hell, I lost countless times and had to resist the temptation to just hurl a master ball at the legendaries. It took me about a week to finish it instead of the usual two or three days. I had to keep it from evolving and it was horrible. I succeeded in the end, and the expression my friend gave me when I told him I'm done was priceless. From that moment on I love Mudkip :)

Thank god he didn't challenge me to complete the game with Weedle. Is it even possible?!

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Thank you to both of ya ;)

My favorite Pokemon is Mudkip because I used it for the first challenge I ever received.

When I first got my Emerald my friend dared me to complete it only using Mudkip. It was hell, I lost countless times and had to resist the temptation to just hurl a master ball at the legendaries. It took me about a week to finish it instead of the usual two or three days. I had to keep it from evolving and it was horrible. I succeeded in the end, and the expression my friend gave me when I told him I'm done was priceless. From that moment on I love Mudkip :)

Thank god he didn't challenge me to complete the game with Weedle. Is it even possible?!
    Well you don't start with a Weedle, so your start Pokemon will ruin the "Only use Weedle situation," but instead of a Weedle, use Magikarp :P lol What level was your Mudkip when you reached the Champion??

RepulbicOfPokemon

I liek Mudkipz
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    Yeah true :p

If I'm not wrong it was at level 8x because honestly E4 wasn't challenging enough. I stopped right after I became the champion.

If you're wondering about HMs, I had a HM slave, my friend played Pokemon too so he knew that it was impossible to use only 1 pokemon. My Hm slave was below level 10 so it contributed nothing :P

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • you are quite right when you said PC has many experts when it comes to hacks and script as such (yours truly not included). and don't let a simple typo bother you! my alt acc. (well, actually my friend's but he got bored and gave me his acc.) also had a typo. His username here is Kaleidoscop instead of Kaleidoscope.

well, see you around. and welcome.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Hi, hello! Welcome to PC, RebulicOfPokemon! Since we're both from Asia, I'm really glad that you became a part of this community! It seems to me that you aren't that beginner and noobish anymore when it comes to hacking, imagine 2 years? Well, you could already learn a lot of stuff at that time period, but if ever you were busy then I can understand why you pointed it out to yourself! I've just started hacking a few months ago and got myself here in PC as well, I've already learned a lot of things, and I already know all the basics such as scripting, mapping and etc. Thanks to the tutorials posted here as well as the essentials needed to make a hack! :P ; The Emulation section is pretty much there, so go check it out now! ^__^

I'm also a casual fan of Mudkip, one of my favorite starters from the Hoenn region alongside with the two! But the thing that I admire with Mudkip the most is that it's too adorable for me to handle! I also enjoyed R/S/E as much as I enjoyed FR/LG, although nothing can beat how amazing it was for me to play G/S/C! Anyway, each of the installments has their own specific section here so if you want to discuss about them then you'd have to look for the right section to! ...

I'm sure you'd also be meeting & making new friends as well. I'm not sure if there are any other Singaporians here but meeting other people wouldn't be that bad too! And don't worry, we really don't bite, so just calm down! :3; And aside from the Emulation section and those that I mentioned you might want to check the whole forum out, it's fun, you wouldn't regret joining this wonderful community! I'm gonna leave this here to you now theen~

Have fun. :D

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Hi RepulbicOfPokemon!!!
    Welcome to PokeCommunity.
    The Emulation section is the perfect place to get started on your hacking journey. You'll also meet several people with scripting skills, as well as mapping, tiling and more. There are help threads, tutorials, and many other tools that you can use.
    Also at the Emulation section, you also have the opportunity to collaborate with someone or by making a team of hackers to get your hack done a bit faster. Pretty neat, huh?
    Don't forget to read the rules before you jump in! Have fun at PC, and it's great to meet ya! Don't be shy to leave me a message if you have any questions or simply need someone to talk to. I don't bite, really. xD see ya~

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Welcome to the forums!

Ouch! Typos in the username are not exactly fun, huh? But at least you can make another account right away if you want to fix it. XD Since you only have 3 posts right now, there's nothing much to lose, if any. It's a better idea if you want your username to sound right! XD

That said, I think you should head into the Emulation section because that's where you'll probably using your scripting abilities for. Right? XD ROM hacks, you know...

Have fun around the forums, anyway!

Back