• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just had to brag

Years
  • So, I finally did it. I caught Mewtwo with the first quick ball I threw. To be fair, this ''first'' quick ball was the first of this round after about 40 tries. But considering I couldn't catch it even after getting it's HP to the red and it was frozen, I feel his was brag worthy.

Anyways, anyone else here have this awesome experience of catching a legendary without anything but throwing pokeballs at it?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Caught Mewtwo on Soul Silver on the first turn with a regular Pokeball, only other time I felt that good about myself was when I caught a shiny Rattata on my Leaf Green game. Pity Mewtwo had such a horrid moveset though oh well nothing a few TMs couldn't fix lol.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Going to move this to Pokemon Gaming Centre as that section is for anything that's in multiple games, and certainly people catching legendaries with Pokeballs has happened since RBY.

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
  • After chasing Thundurus, chucking ultra ball after ultra ball at it for nearly two hours, I finally run out of them, so just for lulz, I threw a REPEAT BALL. You can probably guess what happened next...

Years
  • It's happened to me before. In HG, I caught my Lugia in a GreatBall on the first try. In Black I caught my Zekrom in a GreatBall on my third try.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Well... one time I had a Gengar and used it for Mewtwo. I used a single Shadow Ball and it got down to red. I threw an Ultra Ball and that was it. That's kinda cheating but whatever. One Poke Ball is some accomplishment... right?

Oh I also caught Giratina with a Dusk Ball on the first turn. Best catch ever.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • I caught Giratina with a pokeball on the first turn. It was pretty special.

I also caught Moltres with a pokeball, but I had thrown like twenty cause I ran out of ultra balls to see if I could catch it. Plus, it was down 1/4 of its Hp.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I know I've caught most Pearl legendaries in a Pokeball. I've also gotten Lugia, Entei, and Groudon in one. I've probably caught a few in one turn, but I can't really remember. What I'm most proud of is catching Moltres in two Ultra Balls in Yellow. Normally you miss the Pokemon for some reason, so the fact I got it in just two balls made me ecstatic haha.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Once, I caught Moltres in an ordinary Poke Ball in LeafGreen. I don't have it anymore, but it's something to be proud of. There were several other legendaries I caught in the same way (like Virizion), but I reset the game afterward because of its stats.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Ho-oh in Silver or Crystal. Water Gunned it twice with a random underleveled Wooper into yellow HP, then the first Poke Ball I threw caught it.
    I wouldn't describe it as an awesome experience, merely relieving in that my time hadn't been wasted.

Barrels

The Fresh Prince of Kanto
    Years
  • Not so much a brag as a case of the universe giving with one hand and slapping me around the face with the other - I caught Rayquaza in Ruby with a Ultra Ball, first round, no resets, and was over the moon. Then I traded it to Emerald to help beat the Elite Four (yep, I was utterly pathetic).

Two days later, I dropped my Emerald cart in the sink (while washing up one-handed), and apparently Rayquaza fancied popping out for a swim. Because although my SP worked fine after drying out, I lost the save file and Emerald's never really worked properly since.

Moral of the story: dropping Rayquaza in the sink is a bad idea. He gets irritated. Maybe if I'd taught him Surf, none of this would have happened...

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • My story isn't about how I caught, it's about what I caught. In Emerald I caught a Latios that had a Rash nature with 62 Power HP Fire, 23 SpA IVs and 28 Speed IVs. This was without any resetting and the Latios just popped out of nowhere when I was surfing south of Lilycove.

Back