• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just one question...

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • ^ Power of the plot baby. It's too bad the writers can't make him more intelligent though.

I suppose I would ask why Brock doesn't want to talk about Professor Ivy. And why Ash doesn't use his strongest Pokémon in the leagues and Battle Frontier entirely.

Steel*

Years
  • I would ask Ash this: "What is the exact age of everyone?" I'm sure a lot of people are dying to know that.

Last edited:

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I would ask Ash this: "What is the exact age of everyone?" I'm sure a lot of people are dying to know that.

Eh? Its been confirmed he's 10? Unless you mean every one else, Brocko I'm not sure about, he looks 13??? Well I'd ask Brock, why he keeps flirting with every freakin girl he comes by? Seriously, boys I know like a lot of girls at that age but that's just scarry. I mean, you don't see Tracey act that way, I think he's the same age as Brock. I'm not sure what age Dento is, than I'd ask Ash why he's so clueless about love? This isn't shippy related. Honestly, didn't his mother teach him at all about the birds and the bees? Than if she didn't, I'd tell Dento to go have that talk with him.

Steel*

Years
  • Eh? Its been confirmed he's 10? Unless you mean every one else, Brocko I'm not sure about, he looks 13??? Well I'd ask Brock, why he keeps flirting with every freakin girl he comes by? Seriously, boys I know like a lot of girls at that age but that's just scarry. I mean, you don't see Tracey act that way, I think he's the same age as Brock. I'm not sure what age Dento is, than I'd ask Ash why he's so clueless about love? This isn't shippy related. Honestly, didn't his mother teach him at all about the birds and the bees? Than if she didn't, I'd tell Dento to go have that talk with him.
    Ash age is in the FAQ pinned topic as 10. Brock is 15, and I believe Tracy is also 15 according to https://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Tracey_Sketchit
    I am not sure on Dento.
    Well, I meant all the main characters. I know there are sites out there that give us the "facts", but I need solid evidence from a primary source or the anime itself. I read that in Best Wishes the narrator reminds us that Ash is 10, but that's contradictory to the episode in which Ash and company revisit Viridian City - episode 63 - it's stated that it's been a YEAR since they were in Viridian City. I know this because I watched that episode recently. At the start of the anime (episode 1) Ash was stated to have just turned 10 - correct me if I'm wrong. I already read the information in the FAQ section, but it would be nice if they gave proof rather than just state the supposed facts. Besides, how can they all remain the same age if so many days have passed each season? The show isn't timeless because there is obviously day and night. I would think everyone would advance by about one year by episode 640+.

Last edited:

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • I guess I would ask Jessie and James why they don't just leave Team Rocket and be normal Pokémon Trainers?

They would make more money and enjoy themselves more if they weren't involved with an evil organization. They aren't exactly evil...that's why I don't get it. They would be much better if they became friends with Ash and the gang and joined him on his journey. They wouldn't fail as much!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Steel* said:
    Well, I meant all the main characters. I know there are sites out there that give us the "facts", but I need solid evidence from a primary source or the anime itself. I read that in Best Wishes the narrator reminds us that Ash is 10, but that's contradictory to the episode in which Ash and company revisit Viridian City - episode 63 - it's stated that it's been a YEAR since they were in Viridian City. I know this because I watched that episode recently. At the start of the anime (episode 1) Ash was stated to have just turned 10 - correct me if I'm wrong. I already read the information in the FAQ section, but it would be nice if they gave proof rather than just state the supposed facts. Besides, how can they all remain the same age if so many days have passed each season? The show isn't timeless because there is obviously day and night. I would think everyone would advance by about one year by episode 640+.

Official art states that Brock is 15. Everyone else is 10 with Tracey, Dent, and Iris all being unknown at the moment. Trying to use logic to work things out in this show isn't the best thing to do. Just accept what they say and move on and you'll have an easier time with the show.

Steel*

Years
  • Official art states that Brock is 15. Everyone else is 10 with Tracey, Dent, and Iris all being unknown at the moment. Trying to use logic to work things out in this show isn't the best thing to do. Just accept what they say and move on and you'll have an easier time with the show.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "official art", but I just go by the English dubbed version of the anime. I haven't caught up to Best Wishes yet so I don't know what was said from that arc. Yeah, I guess we can't follow logic when it comes to aging (just to name one aspect), but I'm going to calculate the time that has elapsed according to the show and go from there.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Steel* said:
    I'm not sure what you mean by "official art", but I just go by the English dubbed version of the anime. I haven't caught up to Best Wishes yet so I don't know what was said from that arc. Yeah, I guess we can't follow logic when it comes to aging (just to name one aspect), but I'm going to calculate the time that has elapsed according to the show and go from there.

I mean official sketches. I'll try to find them right now. Anyway, they may just have longer years in the animé. It doesn't change anything at the end of the day.

Steel*

Years
  • I mean official sketches. I'll try to find them right now. Anyway, they may just have longer years in the animé. It doesn't change anything at the end of the day.
    Alright, I'll be waiting. There are references to real places (e.g. Las Vegas and Hollywood) on the show (check out season 1) so I would think that the anime is based off the real world one way or another (the length of one year in this case), but as you said before: "trying to use logic to work things out isn't the best thing to do."

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • It could be AU. Not the sketches I remember but it's from an booklet from years ago. I should find those sketches but I don't feel like it at the moment.

Anyway, here.

Steel*

Years
  • It could be AU. Not the sketches I remember but it's from an booklet from years ago. I should find those sketches but I don't feel like it at the moment.

Anyway, here.

I don't know what AU is, but thanks for posting that link up. Find the sketches whenever you feel like it; I'm not in dire need of the information.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • But didn't the movie of Pikachu and pichu said that Ash and Pikachu celebrated their first year together? Or is the movie non-canon?

Oh, maybe in the Pokemon World, characters only gain an age every 2 leap years.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    But didn't the movie of Pikachu and pichu said that Ash and Pikachu celebrated their first year together? Or is the movie non-canon?

Oh, maybe in the Pokemon World, characters only gain an age every 2 leap years.
    Characters in the Anime do not age.
    [jq]
    How old is Ash? Is he still 10-years-old? Or is he 11?
    Ash is a ten-year-old boy. This was re-confirmed by the narrator at the beginning of the Japanese debut of the series Pokémon Best Wishes.
    [/jq]
    [jq]It was also stated that he wouldn't be replaced nor would he ever age.[/jq]

RSMangaFan

Harley's Hat
    Years
  • I'd ask Misty why she didn't force her sisters to run the Cerulean City gym so she could continue traveling. Sad that we can't ask shipping questions. *shot*

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • ^ Because they're incapable of battling properly I believe. There's also the fact that she's younger than them so I guess they have that going for them too.

Years
  • there's only 1 thing i'd ask a pokemon character...
    i'd ask ash : will you have a pokemon battle with me??
    (if i have pokemon...hehe...)

Kynn Master

Ice/Water-type pokémon master
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    Dent i think is 15, PearlShipper4Life ask Dent to have e talk with Ash, for someone how works at a Butler Cafe i think it's very difficult to don't know about girl, their major clients

I would ask Misty if she and her sister are sister of the same father, seriously i know the Sensational Sister have dyed her hairs, but how to explain the eyecolors?

Back