• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Just ordered Platnium :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
Years
  • Heh, I couldn't bring myself to wait for the may 22nd release date so I imported it from the US and got it on March 27th. It's a really good game and you won't be dissapointed!

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Heh, I couldn't bring myself to wait for the may 22nd release date so I imported it from the US and got it on March 27th. It's a really good game and you won't be dissapointed!

I couldn't bring myself to wait for even the US release, so I ordered it straight from Japan a few days after it's September release XD

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Why do people so exited about Platinum?Yes its better but it dosnt have soooo many diffrence,its like crystal and emerald,Deffrent sprite,deffrent way to battle the main pokemon,and deffrent gym pokemon,and the 2 past main pokemon at lvl.70(Like Groudon is the main pokemon of ruby and its in Emerald).But theres the battle frontier in emerald and Platnum.
    It just a Remake,and still the same Storyline.I have already beated the Elite four and after i caught dialga and palkia i stoped playing it cause it got boring and the Battle frontier isnt intresting.

Anyways Congrats on hope you find it better then you expected.

Last edited:

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Why do people so exited about Platinum?Yes its better but it dosnt have soooo many diffrence,its like crystal and emerald,Deffrent sprite,deffrent way to battle the main pokemon,and deffrent gym pokemon,and the 2 past main pokemon at lvl.70(Like Groudon is the main pokemon of ruby and its in Emerald).But theres the battle frontier in emerald and Platnum.
    It just a Remake,and still the same Storyline.I have already beated the Elite four and after i caught dialga and palkia i stoped playing it cause it got boring and the Battle frontier isnt intresting.

Anyways Congrats on hope you find it better then you expected.

For those who like competitive Battling, four Important things were added:

-New Formes (All being either OU or Uber)
    -New Level-Up Moves
    -Move Tutor Moves
    -New Battle Frontier

The biggest selling point for me was that as of Platinum, only Three Pokemon cannot have Four Moves at once:

-Weedle (Poison Sting, String Shot, Bug Bite)
    -Ditto (Transform)
    -Unown (Hidden Power)

Trivia: 4th Gen is not the first Generation where Magikarp could have 4 moves at once. GSC Had An Event Magikarp that came with one of two moves: Bubble or Reversal. Added with it's 3 Level-Up Moves, That Makes 4.

warudo.kun!

I see what you did there.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    I'm happy for you. I hope you enjoy your copy of Platinum. ^^

@shadowampharos: You really don't have to be so discouraging.

Years
  • 22nd May for me as well. Avoiding the whole importing thing as I can't afford be distracted from uni work really, need to keep my mind on the job and find it hard enough doing that sometimes anyway! :laugh:

It's not like I'm completely impatient anyway hehe, I got Diamond to entertain me for my Pokemon needs at the moment.

I'm buying the game purely for the online competitive battling side of things really, and love the fact we can record our last battles. Only heard great things about the Battle Frontier too. But of course I do enjoy playing through the game as well!

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • the things I look forward in platinum is the move tutors and the battle frontier, the BF in emerald was very funny so I cant wait to battle the new one

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back