• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just saw pokemon again..

Years
  • Just saw pokemon again, I sort of stopped watching after orange island league, the one where they travel around on Lapras.

I just saw an episode where that new character may enters some kind of contest, ok firstly why is Brock still flirting with girls in every single episode its not funny anymore and isint that getting a bit old? And team rocket stealing pokemon then ash saving the day then them constantantly blasting off getting really OLD?

Im just hoping the entire season and past one wasent like this.. because this isint the show I loved, although I like the new color quality and clothes of the show ^^

Yeah, so was the entire past 2 season's ive missed like this repeative? because im not going to buy/rent the series if it was -_-

Edit: P.S what happened to Misty?

Phoenix Riley

Going 1000 Posts!
    Years
  • Well misty left to look after her sister's gym and may is a cordianator. Go to serebii net and learn more about what you missed. I cant help feeling that this thread is just stupid but thats just me

I think the brock thing is funny

Years
  • The Hoenn arc is less repeating stories and less filler-y than Johto. Or really, the fillers are just so good.

It's different as it has a lot of characterization to compensate for the writing. That is to say it isn't without flaws (May's occasional Contest victory and Groudon/Kyorge).

You're rather missing out. I can write you an eventual list of the events leading from where you last watched but it wouldn't be for a while. Shifty eyes.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • robyextreme said:
    Just saw pokemon again, I sort of stopped watching after orange island league, the one where they travel around on Lapras.

I just saw an episode where that new character may enters some kind of contest, ok firstly why is Brock still flirting with girls in every single episode its not funny anymore and isint that getting a bit old? And team rocket stealing pokemon then ash saving the day then them constantantly blasting off getting really OLD?

Those things are what make pokemon so great. I mean Pokemon isn't Pokemon without Team Rocket blasting off. Brock is so cute if he does his girl fliriting thing. You have to feel for those things. How would you feel if everything just change like that? It just won't be pokemon anymore without those things like no Team Rocket.

It is repeative a bit but not as bad as with the Jhoto fillers. Still a bit cut and paste but nice. Some of the Hoenn fillers are very nice.

You may want to look at Serebii.net for a review on the past events.

redpikachu2

kratos is very cool
    Years
    • Age 31
    • y
    • Seen Jul 15, 2006
    hi people!!!........and hi mom!!!!...i see u guys r talking pokemon shows...i watching pokemon too^^
    i seen alot of pokemon^^

Last edited:

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • redpikachu2 said:
    hi people!!!........and hi mom!!!!...i see u guys r talking pokemon shows...i watching pokemon too^^
    i seen alot of pokemon^^
    That was pointless. ^_^; Please don't turn this into a chat thread.

Years
  • Yes, the past seasons since the end of the orange league have been very filler and unoriginal. Although hoenn seems to be improving a bit, not so many fillers and stuff...But i've kinda lost track of where i'm at in the series.

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
  • The word that you are looking for is repetitive not repeative.

I do absolutely adore this series, yet even I must acquiesce to its repetitiveness. The show has become repetitive, as it does follow a specific plot for most episodes (especially fillers) and the characters do hold true to their distinction - namely, Brock falling in love with just about every girl he sees. Nevertheless, it all depends on perspective, as some don't find it repetitive in the least bit, no, they actually depict it as amusing and untrodden.

The show does have it's positives - due to it being a vast improvement after the horrifying Johto arc. The animation has, indeed, improved and the novel attacks mixed with the Pokemon's unique abilities, does play off well for some interesting battles.

I highly recommend that you watch it for yourself, considering that all of our opinions are biased, based off of our different tastes. How you perceive and whether you wish to do so should mostly depend on you.

Psycho

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    they really need to add more action, and drama to the show. and slight increas of romance, mainly between May and Ash. Instead of pointless filler's they could use those episodes to have Ash, now going iback to Kanto have remach's with his old rivals in the first season. I whould just love to see Damon return for an remach, you know the tranner that leaft Charmander along in the rain . Wich it went with Ash at the end of that episode. It whould be intrasting if Damon had a girlfreind too and they challange Ash and May to a tag battle..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    cryztalwing said:
    . and slight increas of romance, mainly between May and Ash.
    That wouldent work May is 10 and Ash is somewere between 14 and 15

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Ash is 11 and May is 10 so it well work just fine, and besides they are cartoons, they look older than that any way..only reson why it is belive that Ash is 14 or so becuse the show is in it's 8'th season..thow he never did had any birthday's,except if you count the show saying it was a year since he leaft home. so I guest time really has no meanning in the show, unless you coun't when it comes to May getting to her contest's on time...

if you were going by season , Ash whould be 18 going on 19 and May whould be 13 going on 14.. wich whould not make any since at all..when I sayd increas of romance, I did not mean kissing or thing like that. Just making it were they realise they are more than just freind's, and posibely hugging each other, and holding hand's.. lol

Last edited:
    Years
  • cryztalwing, this is a recap thread, not a speculation/musing thread.

But I would agree with reyna as Serebii.net has the guides for a quick recap. Of course, that's not the same as transcripts.

If you're that desparate, you could go there to get the list of episodes and the Clip/Episode Request thread here and just pick and choose. Just my -2 cents.

AAMLrox

Super Kawaii! ^_^
    Years
  • I think the Brock and Team Rocket stuff is funny. ^_^

I stopped watching pokemon after the Orange islands too and i've only just got back into it and thanks to the 'pokemonathon' Toonami had on for a whole week i managed to catch up... i think.

Anyway, I think they should bring Misty back! ^_^

Back