• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Just the Bad and the Ugly: Pokémon GO Avatar update

Just the Bad and the Ugly: Pokémon GO Avatar update

Just the Bad and the Ugly: Pokémon GO Avatar update

Despite feedback from early test rollouts and the insistance from bot accounts on how great it is, the new Avatar system is anything but.
Days
Share how horrendous your avatars are please. We might as well laugh at them...
Mine is not that bad, and I feel it's quite decent. I would say to use custom settings than preset option. Although dresses are looking bad, but somehow I managed to get decent looks :

Spoiler: Spoiler

What about yours ?

Although I feel that this needs much more refining in terms of outputs. And personally I was not looking forward to this update, as only free outfits and poses are what I need; apart from that anything else is useless.....

Edit:

I gave it a bit of thought and felt that there is no point to make a fuss about it. No doubt that it is weird, but it is not going to impact the gameplay. There are many other things for which people never raise their concern, especially GO Battle League which is never overhauled in terms of rewards, rather was ripped even more after interlude season. Avatar's only need is to maintain decency and I managed to achieve it according to what I believe the meaning of decency. But people are making unnecessary fuss about it, according to me, and it doesn't matters to me because I had downloaded the game for getting fun, not trying to make AR avatars like in Samsung AR.

And on different side, the new outfit items are very nice and are available for free, plus they are better than many paid items. In my opinion, this will hurt more to those people who "waste" their coins for getting avatar items. Apart from that I don't believe it should bother others.....

Neither this avatar thing portrays our real life, nor it is intended to do the same, so making an outcry and raising concern is not something which I will do, even though it's not refined properly. Even if it looks ugly, then at most it will give laughter to friends, and nothing else. Thinking that they will make fun about us is blatant belief, as the avatar doesn't displays the reality.

So I will mind this update, and it is not hurting me as such !

:smile::smile::smile:

Last edited:
Years
I am so sad about mine. She is sickly pale and the poses are awful, especially when the character does the victory pose after winning a Rocket battle etc. I have now donned her in a Snorlax body suit, neon green glasses, and mask so I don't have to see much lol.

Years
It's so weirdly pale I really dislike it so I ended up giving myself more of a tan so I didn't look so morosely yellow :[

They really haven't given us an option that looks anything like how our avatars looked previously, which is disappointing. It looks so off seeing my avatar with weirdly realistic puffier cheeks. They really need more options for the avatar's head now, ick

bobandbill

one more time
Years

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240417_112848_Pokmon_GO.jpg
    Screenshot_20240417_112848_Pokmon_GO.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20240418_074638_Pokmon_GO.jpg
    Screenshot_20240418_074638_Pokmon_GO.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 11

Maekrow

Mae
Days
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Even worse than the update is the fact that for whatever reason they simply won't let me log in anymore, despite never having an issue before. I could try to reset my password, but I tried that with a former account I'd set up years ago and the e-mail never came through. I guess there goes my special gifted Honchkrow :(

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Even worse than the update is the fact that for whatever reason they simply won't let me log in anymore, despite never having an issue before. I could try to reset my password, but I tried that with a former account I'd set up years ago and the e-mail never came through. I guess there goes my special gifted Honchkrow :(
That sucks. May be still worth trying with the new account? Probably a good idea if you gain access to link it to another platform... although Trainer Club accounts has issues.

May be worth trying to each out to e.g. Niantic Support on twitter or somesuch? Sometimes they can help.

Back