• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just when you thought the first Elite Four member in Ruby would be easy...(Hey guys!)

ThatDamnShiftry

You all remember him...
Years
  • Hello everyone! I'm ThatDamnShiftry, but call me however you'd like! I've been into Pokemon ever since I was a kid, and I recently jumped right back into it after finally gathering enough determination to actually get past the 4th gym in black and white 2! I decided to look for an awesome community to just chill in and chat away about whatever! And the background really caught my attention too.

But anyways, I'm sure most of you are here for similar reasons too! So, a little about me! My first Pokemon game was Ruby. To this day, it's still my favorite. I really loved the design of all the new creatures in that game and the soundtrack was just fantastic.

When I play Pokemon games, it's for fun. Sure I know about EV training and have done it a little bit, but I just really like to catch all the cool looking Pokemon, teach them awesome moves, and have tons of fun bringing them wherever and battling with them. I also love me a good trade! But beware, I'm not too far into Black 2, yet.

But regardless, I'm really looking forward to some awesome discussions on all things Pokemon. Can't wait!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Hahaha interesting intro title you got there. lol

Welcome to PC good Shiftry sir. Pokemon's been my thing since a kids too. I've been a fan since the beginning of the franchise and still love it. Alot of people here have been throught that phase where they've shifted away or lost interest in Pokemon, but most of us somehow find our way back. Good to know you've came back yourself. I haven't finished Black 2 and White 2 myself either but they've been enjoyable games so far. I think a good place for you is Fifth Generation Gaming. While you're completing you Black 2 and White 2 games, you can keep track and tell others about your progress in Unova Travel Journal Thread. You can also discuss about many other things related to those games and the other games of Gen V. The moderators there Jellicent♀ and XanderO can also help with any questions you might have, as long with other regular members and mods here.

Ruby was you're first game I've noticed. Mine was Red! But yeah, gen III was an amazing generation and by far my favorite. I love the environments in the Hoenn region and it has some of the most most interestingly designed characters. It's be cool if GameFreak actually does remake them. I think Hoenn would look beautiful on the 3DS. and then along with the remakes of Red and Blue (or Green I guess.) FireRed and Leafgreen which were also great games too. Advance Generation Gaming is another place you could check out. It's a good place for people like you who love the third generation and all it's glory.

I don't do much competitive stuff either, it's always been for fun for me. I mean I get what EVs and IVs are and such but I've never really payed attention to them. I do focus on stats and making sure my team has good moves, but I mainly just use Pokemon I like and think are cool. Like Karen of the Johto Elite Four said, "Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. " And I definitely agree with that statement and do that myself.

Moving on, I do hope you enjoy yourself here and get involved in all kinds of discussions, even non-Pokemon ones. We have many sections here for many topics so go nuts. Have fun here and if you have questions just ask a moderator. See you around and I hope we can chat sometimes!

Years
  • I have to say, the title alone really got me there.

Welcome to PC, Shiftry! (I'll just call you that since your name looks hard to remember). I've been a long-time Pokemon fan as well, and like what AWsquared said there he's been a fan for as long as I have as well. I heard you're playing Black 2 and White 2 as well, very awesome games indeed! AWsquared probably directed you to the Fifth Generation forums where you can keep track of your journey by using the Travel Journal and also using the Quick Questions threads (there's one for both pairs of games) if you have any questions regarding the games, and a fellow member might be able to assist you. There's also its resident moderator duo, XanderO and Jellicent♀, who are happy to answer any questions about the section.

I started with Ruby as far as the games are concerned as well, so I'm sure we'll get along great! The Advance Generation forum (linked above me there) is a great place to discuss the R/S/E games, but we have a few other sections that might be worth exploring as well, so go browse and see all that PC has to offer. If you ever need help, there's always a moderator who'd be happy to assist you, like our Welcome Lounge mod Cirno. She's friendly so no, she won't bite you. In fact, she loves dealing with new members all the time! I hope to see you around Fifth Generation (since I post there often) and maybe even the rest of PC. Have fun!

Oh, and nice signature. It cracked me up laughing hahaha.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

ThatDamnShiftry

You all remember him...
    Years
  • Hey, thanks for the quick responses guys! Sorry for the delay, it literally took me the past 3 hours to get a good connection here, darn internet! (BTW, it said I was trying to post URLs to dif sites when I quoted you two, so I just deleted the quotes and used "@")

@AW:

Wow, I've been around a ton of forum sites and I've never had a welcoming this nice before! I appreciate how you even told me which sections would interest me the most, thank you very much. I think I'll start to explore them right after this post, actually. Especially that Journal thing, that sounds really wicked.

@Hikari:

Haha, I'm glad you liked it! And same to you, this was such a nice welcome you put together for me and I really appreciate it. It just blows my mind how you both took the time to not just give me a welcome, but also explain some of the sections that you guys felt would benefit me. I'm just really grateful, thanks again to both of you!

Back