• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kabutops vs. Scyther

Kabutops vs. Scyther

• Total voters
    Years
    Which of these two Pokémon with swords for arms do you prefer (not necessarily the stronger one, although if that's how you want to decide it, that's cool)?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I choose Scyther. It can turn intoScizor and thats hot.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2009
    Scyther was one of my favorite Pokemon and I never really like the fossil Pokemon from the first gen, though Kabutops was definitely the better of the two. Still, I think Scyther, outside of rain, would destroy Kabutops, in the games anyways. In the anime, Scyther hands down easily.

zZRaoto

rawr?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2010
    Not looking at the actual game mechanics, etc.

I would say Kabutops. His skin is hard as rock and would protect himself from Scyther's blades. Kabutop's blades look a lot more sharp and would easily cut through Scyther's insect-like body. (That is until he evolves into Scizor of course.)

Scyther < Kabutops < Scizor

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Though I like them both, I chose Scyther. Nothing to do with evolutions or game mechanics, purely a personal preference.

Years
    I chose Scyther because I think it's just generally better. I'm not including when it evolves either. Although I could just be basing this off the fact I liked Scyther ever since the first gen. And (gasp) I really would prefer it not to evolve into Scizor, even if it gets uber strong. Yup, now people are gonna be after my head.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    scyther, cuz he's green.. and his design is just better overall.. and i dont like scizor as much as i like scyther..

Ayselipera

I like Kabutops better. I think its just because I love Kabuto.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I would choose Scyther over Kabutops because when Scyther evolves into Scizor, it looks incredibly unstoppable in a match against Kabutops.

Alec_

Years
    Scyther is really a powerful pokemon. Same as Kabutops. But Kabutops is the last evolution. And Scyther can evolve into Scizor. So if Scyther evolves. It's stats must be pretty improve. So it can pawn Kabutops. But it depends on how they battle and It also depends on what skills are they using.

~Fairytales.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I prefer Scyther as it has much more agility than kabutops. Scyther even looks more aggressive and mean and thus I prefer it over kabutops.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My best friend's favourite Pokemon when we were growing up and just getting into the series was Kabutops. It ended up becoming a favourite of mine too, just by association. So Scyther is cool, but Kabutops wins for me. :]

Also I've always thought Scizor looks stupid so for me it honestly goes Kabutops > Scyther >>>>>>>>>>> Scizor

Back