• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

what should i do in dp next

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Hmm...it looks better, except I think the head is still too round. Wurmple heads are more the same shape as the body, as a caterpie head is more of a round shape.

Also, the skiploom looks very nice! The eyes seem a little bright, but that what they look like anyways.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • okay heres a new one, its buizel, do you like it the with or with out the tail

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    I think it looks better with one. With it, you can tell that there's blue on it's arms. The other one just looks completely orange.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • ok now here it is with the addition of buizel platinum lucas and a redone cody

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

also i edited the wurmple, any better?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Wurmple looks better now.

I may not like Lucas' new outfit that much, but you did do a good job the OW of him. And the one of Cody too.

It's also neat that you put your pokemon OWs bases at the bottom to see what they were made from.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • well the bases are not always used, or theyre extremely edited,and thanks for the comment

and now my newest creation, its most of the game characters showing hero heroine rival

the games are platinum diamond/pearl colloseam emerald ruby/saphire gold/silve/crystal red/blue/yellow/fire red/leaf green
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

theyre all in r/lg stlye, and just wondering should i make the rival in colloseam mirror b.?

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    well the bases are not always used, or theyre extremely edited,and thanks for the comment

and now my newest creation, its most of the game characters showing hero heroine rival

the games are platinum diamond/pearl colloseam emerald ruby/saphire gold/silve/crystal red/blue/yellow/fire red/leaf green
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

theyre all in r/lg stlye, and just wondering should i make the rival in colloseam mirror b.?

All of those lack contrast. They're way to dark, and the heads are awkwardly shaped.
    Try using official palletes from the battle sprites, since your custom ones are too close to each other.
    Also, never color the eyes.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • All of those lack contrast. They're way to dark, and the heads are awkwardly shaped.
    Try using official palletes from the battle sprites, since your custom ones are too close to each other.
    Also, never color the eyes.

which sprites do you mean all of them?

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • ...oh and just putting it out there, my custom colors are the official art colors, but i only used them on the platinum sprites

Pokehuman

Devoted Trainer
    Years
  • er, The wurmple looks a hell lot like weedle, lucario looks like its got a red dot on its fore head, dawn looks like she has a bad concussion, and something bothers me about lucas

Last edited:

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • ok heres an update, i changed the colors on some of my trainers ows, i decided to use these nioce colors from the pokesho pixel art thingy

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

i edited silver a bit added mirror b. and changed the colors on red blue green kris silver dawn may and brendan

also heres some new pokemon ows i added the zubat family, cynda quil and seviper and a new winter cody

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

EDIT: added monferno and ambipom
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

Last edited:

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    ok heres an update, i changed the colors on some of my trainers ows, i decided to use these nioce colors from the pokesho pixel art thingy

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

i edited silver a bit added mirror b. and changed the colors on red blue green kris silver dawn may and brendan

also heres some new pokemon ows i added the zubat family, cynda quil and seviper and a new winter cody

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

EDIT: added monferno and ambipom
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH
    A little better, except Silver and Wally's hair both are way TOO bright. Use Wally's in battle sprite, and use Red's colors for Silver's hair.

For the Pokémon, what style are you aiming for? If it's Fr/Lg, you're so far off. Also, Coronis already made all 1st and 2nd gen in Fr/Lg style.

None of them are in-proportion and/or shaped correctly.

Zubat is all messed up.
    Gligar's head is to big.
    Larivtar looks anerexic, needs to be widened.
    Skiploom's feet are bigger than anything, make them much smaller.
    Cyndaquil is also WAY to skinny.
    Shuppet is too tall. (Body)
    Bannete's eyes are to small.
    Wurmple's head is too fat, try making a scratch instead of an edit of Caterpie.
    Seviper is all messed up.
    Turtwig is too tall. (Body)
    Piplup is too tall. (Body)
    Chimchar is all messed up.
    Starly is decent but it looks nothing like Starly.
    Riolu is missing allot of it's other colors and it's eyes are too big.
    Lucario is all messed up.
    Munchlax is all messed up.
    Manaphy is all messed up.
    Leafeon is too tall and skinny. (Head)
    Glaceon is too tall and skinny. (Head)
    Buizel is too tall. (Body)
    Ambipom, Golbat, Crobat, and Infernape is are all messed up.
    Arceus' shading needs to be fixed.

If I said "is all messed up" it means they have too many faults and should be remade completely.
    Also, don't use those template/frames for the Pokémon. They don't work. Not every Pokémon that is that size is that skinny. Scratch them all from now on.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Miror B's hair shouldn't have any black in it. Use a blue for the white side, and a brown for the red side.

Last edited:

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • ...ok um...ill fix wally and silver, but my ow style is proportionate, i try to make the pokemon in their real height, i dont really like the way nintendo does their sprites, so i stick with proportions.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    ...ok um...ill fix wally and silver, but my ow style is proportionate, i try to make the pokemon in their real height, i dont really like the way nintendo does their sprites, so i stick with proportions.

Not style wise, but the Pokémon theirselves. Their bodies and/or heads make them look like something completely different, like a deformed Digimon. That's why the frames are not appropriate at all.

Pokehuman

Devoted Trainer
    Years
  • wally's hair looks like its glowing. freaky. they're all pretty good, but i dont like the weedle-ish wurmple.

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
    Years
  • I agree.. wurmple really looks like a weedle or so, more of a splice of wurmple/weedle to me...
    try to fix that ok? and your sprites are really awsome!

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • ok well i guess ill update...i fixed some of the pokemon over worlds, but only some, others i edited and others i left, i also edited the trainer ows, so maybe now theyre perfect, and finally i did my character in g/s/c style, so yea

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

with this i thopught it would be nice to include his two pokemon, zubat and tentacool, he now also has custom flying, surfing and using a pokemon, i am aware the backsprite is bad, im still workin on it

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • hey Kage, can ya do me a favor and make a remake of gary oak's sprites but in his lab coat? if not its fine. love the work so far though

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back