• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

what should i do in dp next

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
    O_o What? Here's my own revamp for comparison:

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

They aren't even the same size, let alone the same pose. It's not a revamp, it's just an edit.

It's a revamp that then got edited to look better. Seriously, look at it. Smaller mouth, not as crazy eye, but the arms, legs, and peretty much everything else is the same.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    O_o What? Here's my own revamp for comparison:

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

They aren't even the same size, let alone the same pose. It's not a revamp, it's just an edit.

dude a revamp isnt just making the colors and shading better. when you get more and more advanced as a spriter its more of a challenge to make it look like it comes out of a more advanced game.
    like this
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH
    and this
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

so try and know that a revamp isnt just a recolor and a reshade.
    It's a revamp that then got edited to look better. Seriously, look at it. Smaller mouth, not as crazy eye, but the arms, legs, and peretty much everything else is the same.

thank you for explaining

Camyre

Guess who?
    Years

If that's true, then it definitely got edited too much. The top part of the head is almost identical to the R/S sprite's, the legs are in different positions than the original's are, and the revamp is much smaller than the original.

dude a revamp isnt just making the colors and shading better. when you get more and more advanced as a spriter its more of a challenge to make it look like it comes out of a more advanced game.

Thanks, but I know what a revamp is.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Who cares if it looks similar. It looks better that way. Don't hate KageX, hate revamps

Atomic Reactor

The revamp looks good, I'm glad you changed it so the eye isn't so big lol.
    I think the top half of the head should be like, a pixel taller...
    And the spike on his tail looks bad. Try making it more like a spike, you know, like give it a wider base.

And yeah, i meant the shorts on gold.

Camyre

Guess who?
    Years
    Who cares if it looks similar. It looks better that way. Don't hate KageX, hate revamps

Whether it looks better or not is a matter of opinion. And when did I say that I hated KageX? I was commenting on one of his sprites, not flaming him.

Atomic Reactor

I think it looks fine as is. good job

It may look fine, but there is always room for improvement.
    And it says in the rules that your suppose to give some crit...

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    If that's true, then it definitely got edited too much. The top part of the head is almost identical to the R/S sprite's, the legs are in different positions than the original's are, and the revamp is much smaller than the original.

Thanks, but I know what a revamp is.

...obviously not, theres not only one way to revamp.

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH
    another trainer added
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH
    a simple rip of the chickorita from the hg/ss screenshot
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH
    an edited crocanaw sprite, only his fin spike thing was changed to look like the new design.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Wowzer, the new devamps are great! i especially like the last one... (the one that looks like lornami) you did a nice job posing, shading, and spacing that one!

these are great poses, and the style is specific enough to your own while still being in the boundaries of pokemon's official sprites... i can't ever seem to do that! these, regardless, are wonderful!

the only things that are a bit odd looking are the glasses on the second one: the face just seems a bit too crowded and scrunched up...

the cape on the third one: the outlining on the left is really thick, even though there is a fold... it still looks strange...

and the bottom of Lance's guitar: it looks like a ratata came along and took a nibble... spreaking of Lance's devamp i LUV it!!! Thankyou so much for making such an awesome sprite of my rp character! I appreciate your work so much! It's beautiful! I'm not neccesarily fond of the guitar's bottom, or the purple, but it's your sprite, and you may do as you please... and regardless, it's still a wonderful sprite!!!

Either way, great job with these! They look wonderful! You did a nice job on the reposing of them, as well as the shading, outlining, and even the diveting... (keeping it minimal)

Keep up the great work!

Keep Spriting!

(i noticed that they are devamps of pc member's avatar sprites... who are the first four?)

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Wowzer, the new devamps are great! i especially like the last one... (the one that looks like lornami) you did a nice job posing, shading, and spacing that one!

these are great poses, and the style is specific enough to your own while still being in the boundaries of pokemon's official sprites... i can't ever seem to do that! these, regardless, are wonderful!

the only things that are a bit odd looking are the glasses on the second one: the face just seems a bit too crowded and scrunched up...

the cape on the third one: the outlining on the left is really thick, even though there is a fold... it still looks strange...

and the bottom of Lance's guitar: it looks like a ratata came along and took a nibble... spreaking of Lance's devamp i LUV it!!! Thankyou so much for making such an awesome sprite of my rp character! I appreciate your work so much! It's beautiful! I'm not neccesarily fond of the guitar's bottom, or the purple, but it's your sprite, and you may do as you please... and regardless, it's still a wonderful sprite!!!

Either way, great job with these! They look wonderful! You did a nice job on the reposing of them, as well as the shading, outlining, and even the diveting... (keeping it minimal)

Keep up the great work!

Keep Spriting!

(i noticed that they are devamps of pc member's avatar sprites... who are the first four?)

That sexy blonde kid with the cool hair and jacket is me
    The one with the goggles on I think is kage (I dont know who the other people are)

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years

Nice...

I also think the caped guy is Master Morty... so that would just leave the first feller... who could that be?

Anyways, great job on the revamps as well KageX!

The croconaw looks better with the new style fin, but still, the spike on the tail looks a bit strange... it seem's so solitary, like it's one point, instead of a spike with two points, which i think it's supposed to be...

Still, it looks great!

Keep Spriting!

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    A bit confused here. Is the new Croconaw an edit of the RSE Croconaw, or something else. And what exactly did you fix?

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years

Keep up the great work!

Keep Spriting!

...his jacket is purple!?!?! yes i thought it was blue(im color blind XP)
    and only 5 of them are pc members

The one with the goggles on I think is kage (I dont know who the other people are)

yea the one with sexy goggles is me

Nice...

I also think the caped guy is Master Morty... so that would just leave the first feller... who could that be?

Anyways, great job on the revamps as well KageX!

The croconaw looks better with the new style fin, but still, the spike on the tail looks a bit strange... it seem's so solitary, like it's one point, instead of a spike with two points, which i think it's supposed to be...

Still, it looks great!

Keep Spriting!

you would be wrong about the caped guy
    A bit confused here. Is the new Croconaw an edit of the RSE Croconaw, or something else. And what exactly did you fix?

i just took my revamp and changed the head fin

also let me clarify who these people are

the order is
    danman100, kagex, calypso,
    hfi, gp and my sister lol

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    ...his jacket is purple!?!?! yes i thought it was blue(im color blind XP)
    I don't know... it looked a bit purpley to me...
    and only 5 of them are pc members
    oh, i see...

yea the one with sexy goggles is me
    yep, we figured that out... i still think the face is a bit scrunched though... ^_^ maybe it's the eyes... they seem so close to the hat...

you would be wrong about the caped guy
    RATATA's!

i just took my revamp and changed the head fin

also let me clarify who these people are

the order is
    danman100, kagex, calypso,
    hfi, gp and my sister lol
    the red girl looks a whole lot like Lornarmi's sprite...

regardless, great job on them, they look splendid! Hm... splendid seems to hoity toity... they look swicked!
    [/QUOTE]

Keep up the awesome spriting!

Oh, look at that, i came out of the box...

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    Went back a few pages to look through your work. I like your uniqueness. Your shading is really great and it appears as if you repose most of your sprites in one way or another. I like you croconaw revamps too. The shading looks great and thankfully you didnt stop at recoloring and shading you also edited it a little bit so it didn't look so ugly. I never realized how bad previos game sprites look but at the time of release those were the bomb. You made the sprite better. Keep up your amazing work man Im looking forward to seeing more and commenting.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    I like you croconaw revamps too. The shading looks great and thankfully you didnt stop at recoloring and shading you also edited it a little bit so it didn't look so ugly. I never realized how bad previos game sprites look but at the time of release those were the bomb.

i died a little when i read the bolded line. the sprites werent ugly. they were awesome, beautiful for their time. sadly their time ended but that doesnt make them ugly it makes them even more beautiful.

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

flying and surfing pikachu aka pika and chuchu

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    i died a little when i read the bolded line. the sprites werent ugly. they were awesome, beautiful for their time. sadly their time ended but that doesnt make them ugly it makes them even more beautiful.

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

flying and surfing pikachu aka pika and chuchu

Ill give you that. I didn't mean it exactly how I said it I just forgot how I was going to phrase it and that the only word I could think of to substitute. i meant something along the lines of obsolete. They were revolutionary. Also on the new pika sprites they are just amazing. The colors look beautiful together. Not to much bad with them. Maybe work on the shapes of the surfboards just a little and the balloons a little. A few balloons resemble eggs, maybe thats what you want IDK and the boards, the red one looks a little off. But then again maybe thats how you intended it to be. As I said very minor things.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Chuchcu and Pika? Looking good!! Pika's feet shading is off, they look like a sort of vomit yellow. Plus, shouldn't he have some stripes on his side?

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

a g/s/c band inspired by Loz:oot and loz:mm.
    the instruments used are a flute an ocarina a harp and some giant pipe things

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back