• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

what should i do in dp next

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

Wow, great first try jimmy. I on the other-hand, have done maps like these. And it looks really good.
    But they are right, the land itself needs to be thicker. Maybe add some tiny pieces of land in the bottom right and left corners just to balance it out. They don't have to have routes or towns, just make them unimportant islands.

Years
  • Damn it's hot outside!
    Yeah the land around the map is to skinny, and there isn't enough of it.
    Looks like i'll be surfin for a while.
    Good first try.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • I have the same notion as as Chibi... i have never done one of those... so i really couldn't be "brutal"...

from a visual, stand back i'd say that the islands are too thin, so the path markers kinda overtake the green... it's just a bit visually unpleasing, to me anyhow...

Wow, great first try jimmy. I on the other-hand, have done maps like these. And it looks really good.
    But they are right, the land itself needs to be thicker. Maybe add some tiny pieces of land in the bottom right and left corners just to balance it out. They don't have to have routes or towns, just make them unimportant islands.

Damn it's hot outside!
    Yeah the land around the map is to skinny, and there isn't enough of it.
    Looks like i'll be surfin for a while.
    Good first try.

ok im aware some of the places look thin, but im basing it off my original image. its suppossed to look thin. i guess i can add in a acouple of unimportant islnads and such.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • we mean the actual islands themselves... they are too thin... on the map, the yellow path portions are too invading... they take up the green, you need some green around the yellow... i think...

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • ok im not trying to be rude or anything and not listen to crit, but its suppossed to look that way and i want to keep it the way i originally desinged it.

now i have a queation which of these is the best
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

Years
  • The 2nd one is the best.
    It is well put together and established.
    The first one looks like you had to many ideas just crammed into one thing.
    The last one is sweet too. That's that sprite you made right?. The evo of Sharpedo? Megalo somethin.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Hey! It's your work, and i always say the artist has final word of what it looks like... ya know!

It's good looking, but i think it's just that...

anyhow, i like the second one... the first one seemed a bit misproportioned... with kage and the rock... it was also an awkward pose...

the third one is nice, but it think it's just a bit too much going on with that one...

i like the second one b/c it has great elements of shading, as well as it's nicely balanced...

it would definitely place high in the contest... that's what i assume it is...

Years
  • Why which one did you want to enter?
    The third one is also good because of the originality but you might get deducted for it not being a real pokemon.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • well it needed to be a character any character so any of them would do, but i did reenter using the second one.

.Pichu

Pichu Lover
    Years
  • Wow. First pixel thread I look at and I see this.
    The amount of effort and attention to detail that's gone into this work is stunning.
    Keep on with the good work and I hope to see some more amazing things in the near future.

Ayselipera

I love your fusion of Mismagius and Gardevoir.
    I could see it really looking like that!

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2015
    I love your work. OWs are beautiful. My rate for all your work 10000/10.
    And you can do Gabite and Garchomp OWs

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • Wow. First pixel thread I look at and I see this.
    The amount of effort and attention to detail that's gone into this work is stunning.
    Keep on with the good work and I hope to see some more amazing things in the near future.

I love your fusion of Mismagius and Gardevoir.
    I could see it really looking like that!

I love your work. OWs are beautiful. My rate for all your work 10000/10.
    And you can do Gabite and Garchomp OWs

You have done a great job with the sprites.

wooow can we use some
    you will get credits

Pretty nice to be honest nice

6 posts
    6 oppertunities to give crit
    6 oppertunities to help me put
    6 oppertunities to get better
    6 reasons why im closing this thread

bye

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Oh jeesh... not this whole "close my thread" thing again... don't mind them, just wait for Fox to come by and roast them... anyhow:

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

- The first guy on the far left is nicely done, my only thing here is that the blue of his pants have to much of a different tone between the second and the lightest...
    - It's really hard to see the shading in the second guy's black shirt... maybe lighten up the secondary tone...
    -The third guy looks great, just his face shading doesn't make sense... all the lights bunched in the center of his face, none touches the outside of his head... i don't think a visor would create that effect...
    - Fourth guy looks awesome... just his shirt shading is a bit square...
    - no complaints ^_^ on fifth (kagex)... or the girl after him, i like the hair on her... you seem to have hair down really good!
    - the seventh guy's shading is kinda distraughting... it's WAY TOO different in the tones... between the second and the lightest... second needs to be tone up brighter...
    - gardenia girl needs some more shading done to her skirt... it's a bit bland, but nevertheless, it looks good...
    - ninth guy is actually REALLY NICELY DONE... maybe darken the lightest tone of his pants a wee bit, it stands out a bit too much...
    - again, the black needs to be differentiated on these tenth, eleventh and twelveth people...
    - last guy needs some more shading difference in his pants... and it looks funny how his shoes are the same color as his clothes... maybe change that up...

Either way, these are great poses, edits and scratches... sorry I really didn't say anything on them earlier... anyhow, nice job!

Keep up the great work!

POST SOME NEW STUFF... GIVE US STUFF TO SEE!!! ^_^

Keep Spriting!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back