• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kalista says hi!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 17, 2009
    Hello everyone,

Name's Kalista. I discovered PC while debating with a friend of mine about fanfiction - she gave me a link to Thesis's OT fic guide, and I read it a few days later. While reading this guide, I couldn't help but think "Hey, these people and I agree, and I've got tons of time, I might as well come here!".
    So, here I am.

To talk a little about me... I live in France, meaning I might make English mistakes. Please bear with me - at least about that.
    I've been playing Pokemon since the very start of the series in France, and I think I have reached a relatively good level of knowledge on Pokemon; furthermore, I have been writting in the Pokemon universe for about four years now, so one might say I'm starting to know a few things about fanfiction.

I am here for, grosso modo, two (three?) main reasons.
    The first one is to socialize, because, well, this is a community and I love to talk with people.
    The second one is that I am a Pokemaniac, and a fanfiction writter, meaning I'd like to help if possible with the fanfiction community.
    The third and hypothetical reason would be that I once was a pretty good Pokemon player, and am probably not completely useless anyway, so I might try to post in tactic topics. That's not guaranted, though.

Let's hope we'll get along well!

PS: I've got a (pretty important) question. Being French, I started writting my main fanfiction, DH Project, in French. The question is bilateral: first, can I publish it here and hope a few will be able to read it and see if they like it, and second, is there anybody out there who would like to work for me as a translator?

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Welcome to PC Kalista! I see fanfiction is your specialty, well, I hope we can see your works soon!
    I am a fellow writer myself, VM me if you want to inquire about something in particular. Enjoy your sty and have fun!

- .emerald

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • To answer your question, I believe that's a no. This is an English forum and because of that everything should be in English, sorry. D: But frankly, I don't see why you need a translator; your English is superb from what I see. o_o;

That aside, bonjour Kalista. :D Looks like you'll be spending a lot of time over in the Fanfiction lounge 'n' such, so have fun. XD; Welcome. \o/

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 17, 2009
    The reason why I would like to find a translator is simple: my fiction is quite long (over 430 KiloOctet at the moment), and I would rather continue it in French than have to stop and translate it. However, if I cannot find a translator, I will have to translate it alone, even though it will be loong - I really want to show it around %).

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The reason why I would like to find a translator is simple: my fiction is quite long (over 430 KiloOctet at the moment), and I would rather continue it in French than have to stop and translate it. However, if I cannot find a translator, I will have to translate it alone, even though it will be loong - I really want to show it around %).

That's understandable.

The only thing I can suggest is finding someone here that could translate your fanfic, but instead of posting your story in a thread, give it that person over a PM, or send them the file somehow. That way, they can translate it, give it back to you, and after that.. once it's in english, it can posted on the forums. Seems like a lot to go through, but since fics here have to be posted in english, there isn't much else you can do. v_v

Regardless, welcome to the forums, and I hope you like it here~. ^^

Dragon_Souther

Vappy x Moony <3333
    Years
  • Salut et bienvenue au PC Kalista!

Hi and welcome to PC Kalista!

Like the others have said it would be wise to try find a translator around the forums if you want that fanfic translated.

Its nice to have yet another member here at PC and a foreign one at that! By the way your english is very good (better than my french by far). I hope you enjoy your time here and get that fanfic translated and i can't wait to read it im sure it will be fantastic.

Goodbye and have a very merry christmas!

Au revoir et ayez un Noël très Joyeux!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 17, 2009
    That's understandable.

The only thing I can suggest is finding someone here that could translate your fanfic, but instead of posting your story in a thread, give it that person over a PM, or send them the file somehow. That way, they can translate it, give it back to you, and after that.. once it's in english, it can posted on the forums. Seems like a lot to go through, but since fics here have to be posted in english, there isn't much else you can do. v_v

Regardless, welcome to the forums, and I hope you like it here~. ^^
    After asking a moderator, it was agreed that I could post the French version of my fanfiction, and hope to find beta-readers - since it'll have to be translated, I'm going to try and do it myself, and make sure I'm helped!

Salut et bienvenue au PC Kalista!

Hi and welcome to PC Kalista!

Like the others have said it would be wise to try find a translator around the forums if you want that fanfic translated.

Its nice to have yet another member here at PC and a foreign one at that! By the way your english is very good (better than my french by far). I hope you enjoy your time here and get that fanfic translated and i can't wait to read it im sure it will be fantastic.

Goodbye and have a very merry christmas!

Au revoir et ayez un Noël très Joyeux!
    Thanks a lot, have a Merry Christmas too!

Here is the French version of the fanfiction:
    [...]
    Okay, so due to SPAM restrictions, I can't input the direct link. You can find the fiction there: The PokéCommunity Forums > Alternative Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Fan Fiction & Poetry > DH Project [French version]
    I only posted the 5 first chapters. Consider it to be a teaser (even though, in reality, it's mainly a test to see if there are French-fluent people out there who would agree to help me translating the file).

Have a good day!
    Kalista

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Welcome to the Community!
    Always good to have more writers here so your stay will surely be enjoyable.
    I hope you have a great time and make lots of friends.
    I think we have a few French people here, so you can try track them down. ;)

Back