• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Pokemon (Bit Dissappointing Attacking Stats)

Trainer 781

Compared to Unova, there is only one non-legendry pokemon who has a base attack or sp. attack greater than or equal to 130 i.e. Aegislash (Blade Stance).

Unova had plenty i.e. Gigalith, Excadrill, Volcarona, Chandelure, Escavalier, Conkeldurr, Archeops, Haxorus, Darmanitan.

The other regions also had some good numbers.

Seems like GF decided to gift the stats to the Megas and left the Kalos ones in the corner.

I'm not saying that only attacking stats are important, but still very few would be able to take the role of wall breaking from the Kalos side.

PS: Sorry for my English, If you find it poor.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Mabye gamefreak so that the game became too offensive and wanted to balance this with more defensive and all-around pokemons.

That could be it but I'm thinking more along the lines of GF preparing the Kalos Pokemon for their own future Mega Evolutions.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    That could be it but I'm thinking more along the lines of GF preparing the Kalos Pokemon for their own future Mega Evolutions.

No, I don't think so.

Mega evolutions only increase the stats that are already higher. They wouldn't take a Pokemon with high special attack and low attack and increase the attack. That would be a waste.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • Anyone who's been paying attention to the Generation 5 online battling knows that it put a huge emphasis on offense and defensive species were made significantly less useful. I think that many of the new Pokemon have high defenses/are defensively orriented to balance the shift made in the previous generation.

Which I am happy about. I love playing defensively.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • BW mooed the pooch when it came to offensive stats. The power levels grew beyond 130 on regular pokemon. This is a bad thing. If offensive stats clime too high, the whole game becomes a shooting gallery.

Darmanitan has really hight attack, like 135-145. It sounds good on paper, but he is just a wall breaker. He can take out super defensive pokemon with brute force, but can easily be OHKOed by a REAL sweeper.

Not every pokemon needs blistering speed or power levels. There are 700+ monsters and many, many different ways to use them.

If you want a Fire pokemon with 145 attack power, he already exists, his name is Darmanitan. We don't need another one, because he is there - just as awesome now as last Gen.

What XY needs to do is introduce pokemon that don't exist yet taking the game in NEW directions.

I personally favor a metagame where pokemon are bulkier and not OHKOing everything that comes out.

Trainer 781

I agree with the other posters, the kalos pokemon balance out the offensive mons. Infact, I even enjoyed playing with mons like Koffing, Wartortle, etc. in some rom hacks. They make the battle more longer and interesting. Goodra is an interesting improvisation for a pseudo.

But still, I expected something like Tyrantrum to have a better attacking stat. Because most of the mons with poor defenses from the Kalos would lurk in the lowers tiers except something like Smeargle, Talonflame, etc.

Anyways, that doesn't matter. Because different people like to participate different tiers of competitive battling.

Years
  • Geninja is a great one aswell, it can learn rapid spin and the ability protean he also has high speed and his SpA is rather good.

Most promising starter in a long time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2018
    I get frustated everytime I read this, GRENINJA DOES NOT I REPEAT DOES NOT LEARN RAPID SPIN THAT WAS A RUMOR.

Anyways I'm not to bothered with the calming down of the power creep. There are quite a lot of strong more defensive and/or supportive pokémon like Prankster Klefki and Avalugg, I am sort of dissapointed with the stats of the fairies though. They've mostly got reasonable special attack and speed, mediocre to good speed and HP, but crappy Defense and Attack, The best non legend physical fairy is what? Granbull?

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
  • I get frustated everytime I read this, GRENINJA DOES NOT I REPEAT DOES NOT LEARN RAPID SPIN THAT WAS A RUMOR.

Anyways I'm not to bothered with the calming down of the power creep. There are quite a lot of strong more defensive and/or supportive pokémon like Prankster Klefki and Avalugg, I am sort of dissapointed with the stats of the fairies though. They've mostly got reasonable special attack and speed, mediocre to good speed and HP, but crappy Defense and Attack, The best non legend physical fairy is what? Granbull?
    We definitely need better Fairy types. I'm disappointed they didn't give us a Fairy psuedo. They could have slapped it on to Goodra as a secondary type at least. Goodra is the only mono-type psuedo now.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Is Goodra even a pseudo? I thought I read that its stats were a few numbers short of 600?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I am sort of dissapointed with the stats of the fairies though. They've mostly got reasonable special attack and speed, mediocre to good speed and HP, but crappy Defense and Attack, The best non legend physical fairy is what? Granbull?

There are tons of great Fairy types O_o

Azumarill is completely OP now.
    Togekiss says hello.
    Whimsicott has potential to be even more annoying then before.
    Sylveon is a tank AND a powerhouse.
    Gardevoir is scary, especially as a mega.
    Mawile is scary too, once again especially as a mega. One sweeped my entire team on wifi.

Those are just the really really good ones. There are plenty of mediocre Fairy types as well (mediocre does not mean bad.) Do you expect every single Pokemon of the type to be god-state?

Back