• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kamionero's Sprites

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Hi everyone! Kind of a noob to the Pokecommunity, hopefully i dont make any serious blunders haha, I am also fairly new at spriting, so I have loads to learn.

Hopefully you guys can give me some criticism and help me grow as a spriter. I'm gonna post my stuff in chronological order.

First Pokeproject ever, cross-typed pikachu:
    Spoiler:

Barely any scratch work here... just did it for fun.

Second project: Eeveelutions. Of course... none of them look even remotely CLOSE to eevee... so I just kinda went with it and decided to just make a bunch of different typed mammal pokemon hahaha. Still, lot of elements in these are scratch, but i did use a lot of paste, and did commit some spriting crimes, like using the Dragon type's leg twice...
    Spoiler:

The point of this one was practice.

The following were made for contests at a different site. But still shows my style as a spriter:
    Dark Jynx and Pansage
    Kamionero's Sprites

Made after given silhouettes:
    Kamionero's Sprites
    Kamionero's Sprites

These are my original pokemon Ive done so far. most of them are very geometrical since its the shapes i feel most comfortable with and felt i could tackle first:
    Kamionero's Sprites
    Kamionero's Sprites

Kamionero's Sprites
    Kamionero's Sprites

Kamionero's Sprites

This following guy i did mostly to practice fire spriting, hes an oil slick that catches on fire as it evolves :P
    Kamionero's Sprites

My idea for legendaries: The Genies
    Kamionero's Sprites

Also, I have been doing Dark/Shadow versions of sprites:
    Kamionero's Sprites
    Kamionero's Sprites
    Kamionero's Sprites
    Kamionero's Sprites

Finally, my latest project, done mostly for practice as well, also for my own amusement hahaha (and feel free to guess what type is which :P) is a Rotom for each missing type:
    Spoiler:

I will keep updating as I make more/update sprites... Hopefully these are to your liking or at least not visually offensive hahaa

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
  • They look awesome I guess the blender rotom is bug and the running machine is fighting
    I think the oil slick needs more shading
    The eevees need to resemble the eevee more and usually there is somthing on the heah and tail that resembles their type

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Lol thanks! its a Bug Zapper! lol not a blender hehehe

And yeah, the "eeveeluntions" started up as such... but the only ones that really remained so were the ground, rock, and kind of the ghost one.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    You seem to enjoy 'oozing' patterns in particular.

Your sprites are really good as far as pixel art goes. Correct palette choices, shading paths, lineart and all that. The thing is, they don't look like pokemon at all. They don't evolve the way pokemon do, and I see no canon traits as well. You are entitled to your own style alright, but I can hardly believe that they can blend in with other pokemon, as designs at least.

The Rotom forms are amazing! The hands on the TV one are a bit awkward, but that's all. The shadow pokemon seem convincing-as shadow pokemon. Eevolutions, once again, are great sprites but don't seem like pokemon (except for the steel and bug one, imo).

That's all generic, if you want comments on a certain sprite, I'd be happy to go into details!

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Hehe I really do love Oozy textures. I also love fiery textures but i kinda suck at them so thats why there arent nearly as many.
    Also, I know my pokes always end up being NOTHING like real Pokes... I suck at fitting in the style haha I think the best evidence for that is my Eevee sheet... where basically none of them look anything like a real eeveelution... at the same time i kinda hate just pasting a punch of pokechunks toghether to make one... (altho thats what i did w the pikachu one) so im trying to incorporate the official art style into my work. I just suck at it cause I get carried away w spontaneous ideas and thnk "im gonna add this or do that like this" and end up w a product so far from a poke... its almost Digimon like HAHAHAHAHA.

Thats partially why I did the Rotom sheet, they are all scratch but I think i did a LOT better at staying in the same style-family as opposed to the Eevee one.

I've started doing re-poses VERY recently just to practice this actually lol!!! Thank you for your feedback, its actually really useful!

DGXZ

DiGital eXtreme artZ
    Years
  • Not bad ^^ They are all good, however a few could be polished up, especially the fire.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Too many sprites to comment on, some I am going to comment on three of them so:

This one is my favorite one of them all, I love how the coloring and the shading also the creativity is done on this Pokemon.

My second favorite one, like the first one the coloring and shading is done very well. You make this sprite that is just pure black look so well with the flame on its head

I don't know what this is or where it is coming out of but the coloring and shading is also great on this one.

:t354:TG

Back