• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kangaskahn and Cubone: Parent and Parentless

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    A little while ago I noticed how similar Kangaskahn and Cubone look and I decided that it only made sense for them to be related

That led to New evolution chains and abilities... <.<
    here it goes

A New ability is create called "Parenthood"
    -A Pokemon with parenthood can hold an egg or a baby pokemon as if it were an item
    --If its holding an egg, the egg will hatch in half as many steps
    --If holding a baby, the Experience will be shared, the baby will gain evs and both pokemon will gain happiness if the other increases

It will not evolve however unless you have an empty slot in your party

Anyway

If you level up Kangas baby while in the pouch, it will turn into a kangaskahn
    However, if you leave the Kangaskahn to live on its own two feet, it will become a cubone
    This would make sense for why Cubone is a lonely pokemon :C

However, I also want the cubone to be able to have reconciliation with its mother
    -So cubone should be able to be affected by parenthood too, leading to another kangaskahn or perhaps something similar

Like a smaller kangaskahn with armor
    Possibly Normal/Ground
    But essentially just looking to protect the next generation of kangy's so they don't have to go through the pain he went through

Then Comes the next evolution
    -When A Kangaskahn is traded with a Boneclub I thought it would turn into another pokemon
    --I call it; Kingkahn (Kingkong? :O OH SNAP!!!)
    ---It basically holds a big bone and Dark Bone Armor
    ---I'm thinking Dark/Ground just for mysteriousness and making sure that people recognize Kangaskahn and Cubone as relatives
    ---And most of the moves are either big and inaccurate or small tricks like flatter.

So again

KangasBaby
    -Leveling up to 10 in parenthood-Kangaskahn
    --Traded holding a bone-Kingkahn
    -Leveling up to 10 alone-Cubone
    --Leveling up to 28-Marowak
    --Leveling up from happiness or in pouch-Bofender

Changes
    -Kangaskahn Ability
    --Parenthood
    -Marowak-Fighting/Ground
    -KingKahn-Dark/Normal
    --Ability-Nobility-Other pokemon's speed is cut
    --Specialty-Big innacurate moves and tricks (flatter, mimic)
    -Bofender-Fighting/Normal
    --Ability-battle armor
    --Specialty-2v2 (follow me, block and assorted moves)

Those are my thoughts....
    O_o

Last edited:

Leafeon1201

Leafeon Expert
    Years
  • Hmm..I don't mind that idea actually. I love breeding pokemon, so this would work out in my favor. But one thing...Define Baby Pokemon. As in Pichu, Cleffa Etc? or Only their babys??

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    WOw! Props to you for thinking all of that up! I think that is a really cool idea!

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Hmm..I don't mind that idea actually. I love breeding pokemon, so this would work out in my favor. But one thing...Define Baby Pokemon. As in Pichu, Cleffa Etc? or Only their babys??

exactly, unbreedable pokemon
    ANy type of baby, from Mr. Mime to munchlax

WOw! Props to you for thinking all of that up! I think that is a really cool idea!

Thanks!
    I actually was a bit worried because I know some of my ideas aren't always Cannon.
    But I was especially fond of this one since cubone character hasn't been a real focus of the series, and the similarities between Cubone and Kangaskahn are interesting

I'm going to post something else soon.... That one you may not like

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    This is a really cool idea, even if it does interfier with my cubone idea. (Normally I don't like ideas that mess mine up, but this one is that good =D )

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    This is a really cool idea, even if it does interfier with my cubone idea. (Normally I don't like ideas that mess mine up, but this one is that good =D )

:O
    what was your idea?
    I definitly didn't make this to interefere
    <.<
    >.>
    you believe me right?.....

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    :O
    what was your idea?
    I definitly didn't make this to interefere
    <.<
    >.>
    you believe me right?.....

Yawh, I know. I don't really mind since your idea is really good anyways =D
    Mine was that if cubone got to level 28 with low happiness, it would evolve into malicrest. Malicrest is basically a cubone that never got over the death of it's mother (marowak, on the other hand, is supposedly a cubone that did get over the death of it's mother). It would be ground and dark type, and learn more "spooky" and "evil" moves like glare and night slash.
    Actually, I don't your idea interferes with that after all...
    Oh, well.
    It's really good, in case I didn't make that clear enough xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Yawh, I know. I don't really mind since your idea is really good anyways =D
    Mine was that if cubone got to level 28 with low happiness, it would evolve into malicrest. Malicrest is basically a cubone that never got over the death of it's mother (marowak, on the other hand, is supposedly a cubone that did get over the death of it's mother). It would be ground and dark type, and learn more "spooky" and "evil" moves like glare and night slash.
    Actually, I don't your idea interferes with that after all...
    Oh, well.
    It's really good, in case I didn't make that clear enough xD

No interference at all :D
    I like the idea also, its a good name.
    it would be pretty awesome if we could come up with like 10 pokemon based off the whole concept of Kangy.

Right off the bat I can think of a few ways to see this all

Kangy
    -Parented-Level 10-[Kangaskahn pre eveolution]
    --Level 30-Kangaskahn
    ---Traded with BoneClub-Kingkahn
    ---Moonstone-
    -Unparented-Level 10-Cubone
    --Low Happiness-Level 28-Malicrest
    --Normal Happiness-Level 28-Marowak
    --High Happiness-Level 28-Bofender

-Personally I think Kangaskahn is a 3rd tier evolution so an Inbetween seems like an interesting idea
    -Also Kangaskahn seems like a Moonstone kind of pokemon but I can't come up with anything except a sort of "inqiuisitor" that learns sketch once or something

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
  • seriously dude, you should join some hacking team, you're ideas are quite good, not to mention original. A game with all these things (including wheather birds) would be cool...

you could write something like this with so many more 'pokemon enigmas' xD xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Its a very interesting concept. I like the idea.

I agree!

I really like your idea for your made up ability. Now all Nintendo has to do about Kangaskhan is make a pre evolution of it (the joey in her pouch)

:t354:TG

Thats what the babys are called! :3
    Joey is kinda a funny name just because its also peoples name....

seriously dude, you should join some hacking team, you're ideas are quite good, not to mention original. A game with all these things (including wheather birds) would be cool...

you could write something like this with so many more 'pokemon enigmas' xD xD

If I could, I would.
    I haven't really looked into it, but most projects are looking for Work Horses, not ideas people :/

But where would I try to find a team who would be willing to work with me?

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
  • I agree!

If I could, I would.
    I haven't really looked into it, but most projects are looking for Work Horses, not ideas people :/

But where would I try to find a team who would be willing to work with me?

I don't know, may be in the hacks section. I been asked for somes ideas for some game-plot a couple of times. If you find the right person, you can form a team to work with and develop your ideas. I'd play a game with all this things ^^

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • this idea looks really interesting, but it'd be too complex for me personally :S...

and i had a different idea for a kangaskhan...

you have the baby... kangaskid (i <3 that name) which you get by making kangaskhan hold a kangaskhan egg until it hatches... it evolves into kanchoo (don't remember why THAT name :nervous:)... and then it can either evolve to kangaskhan normally, or to the more powerful: kangasking (male exclusive pokemon; by trading with king's rock :D)...

i dunno... your's seems more interesting since you factor in cubone... but i'm not too sure i agree with it seeing the size difference >,>

Theonewhoisodd

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2012
    I really like your ideas and I am thinking about incorporating some of the evolutions in my game if it's okay with you since you did come up with them

Last edited:

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • You know, I made a theory 2 years ago that Kangaskhan and cubone were related some how but whatever.

Back