• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kangaskhan Pre-Evolution?

Years
    I like a theory I heard once on the "baby" being Kangaskhan, and the "mother" being a mindless puppet controlled by the "baby", that only has the most basic functions independent, such as breathing, etc.
    That would surely rock.

I have never thought about that little creature, but meh, I would feel indiferent if there were a Kangaskhan pre-evolution.

Years
    There's a reason!

Well first off, marsupials give birth to babies faster, so they are less developed which is why they stay in the pouch. A baby kangaskhan would be too defenseless to fight in pokemon battles.

Also, kangaskhan is a parent pokemon, they always raise their young. Not a trainer. It would make no sence if you had a baby kangaskhan, as they need their parent to live.

It makes perfect sence.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    1. People just want a baby Kangaskhan for novelty. They don't want it for any other reason but to be able to say "Go Kanga!" or whatever.

Erm.... so? What reason do people have to have for wanting a pokemon that is acceptable?

2. Do you really think a Pokemon that requires to remain in it's mother's pouch could survive very long?

Where does it say that it requires its mother's pouch to survive? If it's some obscure Pokedex entry I'm sure that can be ignored.

3. As I said before Kangaskhan is the Parent Pokemon removing the child would destroy it's purpose. You could just have Kangaskhans with babies as well as babies without mothers but it would confuse people. Where did the mothers go? Why isn't the baby with it's mother? And other questions.

4. The baby makes it unique. It be like saying "Why don't we make a charmander without a tail on fire?" or "Why don't we remove one of Doduo's heads?". It makes the Pokemon bland.

5. Both the mother and the baby make up one Pokemon. To separate them would be like separating the exeggcute, it would probably diminish the Pokemon's power.

Who said anything about removing the baby from Kangaskhan? Remoraid and Shellder exist as seperate pokemon, and Mantine and Slowbro haven't exactly been harmed by that.

6. The baby isn't a pre-evolution. It's just a young Kangaskhan nothing more. I think most of the people who are in favor of separating them don't understand the difference between evolution and maturing.

Pokemon evolution is basically a sped-up version of maturing. Caterpie evolves into a cacoon and then a butterfly in the same way as a catepillar progresses through life.

Common Sense: Babies can't fight

Yeah, you're right, baby pokemon fighting is a stupid idea, that would be like fighting with a little baby Pikachu or Jynx.

Spoiler:

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Erm.... so? What reason do people have to have for wanting a pokemon that is acceptable?

A Pokemon has to be original. You can't just have a Pokemon just because many people want it.

Where does it say that it requires its mother's pouch to survive? If it's some obscure Pokedex entry I'm sure that can be ignored.

Why else would it stay in the pouch? Other babies don't have to.

Who said anything about removing the baby from Kangaskhan? Remoraid and Shellder exist as seperate pokemon, and Mantine and Slowbro haven't exactly been harmed by that.

Again, those are Pokemon that are together due to mutualism not dependency.

Pokemon evolution is basically a sped-up version of maturing. Caterpie evolves into a cacoon and then a butterfly in the same way as a catepillar progresses through life.

In some cases, in other cases it seems to actually be evolution. However, it appears that Pokemon can mature without the need to evolve, so clearly what is maturing to most animals is evolution to Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I always found it odd you could battle baby Pokemon... I would imagine you'd have to level them solely through non-battle related happiness boosting. Otherwise it just seems like throwing a kitten out there at a shark.
    Pre-evolutions have never been canonically specified as babies in the games, so isn't the assumption that they're baby forms of their level one evolution incorrect? Obviously it's reasonable but may still be wrong.

You can't just have a Pokemon just because many people want it.
    Especially since Nintendo would never publish something that so many people make an explicit demand for. Chortle chortle.

Years
    Are you going to explain?
    I actually agree. Big companies tend to ignore fans, becuase they think they know whats right. And honestly, they don't care what makes fans happy, they care what sells the most.

Hm , that actually changes my opinion, there should be a baby kangaskhan. The problem is that the games, and the people that play them, are way to focused on winning, and having the best team, that baby pokemon are pretty much worthless. I wish the games would give you more to do with your pokemon. Well I guess the contests were a step up, but there could still be more. You should have to give more care to your pokemon.

So there. I blame nintendo.

Pre-evolutions have never been canonically specified as babies in the games, so isn't the assumption that they're baby forms of their level one evolution incorrect? Obviously it's reasonable but may still be wrong.

A good point right there, especially when you take into account that Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Munchlax, Mantyke, Azurill, and Wynaut aren't guarenteed to result from breeding their respective parent Pokemon. I mean two Snorlax without the full incense attached will not produce a Munchlax.

However, the fact that most pre-evolutions can be caught in the wild complicates things a bit.

As for babies not being able to battle... wouldn't you consider a just hatched level 1 pokemon a baby? Yet it's perfectly fine to throw a just hatched Pidgey into battle.

Still, it's all a game and the "rules" are bent quite a bit.
    We're all at the mercy of Nintendo and Gamefreak.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Why is everybody always dising Nintendo and Gamefreak?

I mean, geez, they've been doing this for years. Don't you think they have enough experience to know a good idea from a bad idea.

Besides, many of these 'great ideas' are just things that sound good but when you see it, it looks awful.

Years
    Why is everybody always dising Nintendo and Gamefreak?
    I mean, geez, they've been doing this for years. Don't you think they have enough experience to know a good idea from a bad idea.

Not after the fourth generation of pokemon.

A good idea to them is something that will make the most money, not something that people will appreciate or will make sence.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I actually agree. Big companies tend to ignore fans, becuase they think they know whats right. And honestly, they don't care what makes fans happy, they care what sells the most.

Hm , that actually changes my opinion, there should be a baby kangaskhan. The problem is that the games, and the people that play them, are way to focused on winning, and having the best team, that baby pokemon are pretty much worthless. I wish the games would give you more to do with your pokemon. Well I guess the contests were a step up, but there could still be more. You should have to give more care to your pokemon.

So there. I blame nintendo.

Well now for HG/SS theres going to be a certain game that has height and weight restrictions for the Pokemon so I guess thats a bigger step for Pokemon.

:t354:TG

Back