• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kangaskhan

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Ever think it's weird to hatch a big ole' Kangaskhan out of an Egg and it already has a baby?

Little weird. I came across this today...it just kinda ran through my mind. So, what are your thoughts on this? Personally, I think they need to make the baby Kangaskhan a 5th generation Pokemon.

Or...MissingNo. is the baby form of Kangaskhan...going by the RBY cheat, that is. xD

But, what do you all think?

firedude750

currently EV training meganium
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2009
    yeah, i think they should make its baby a pokemon kinda like they did with multiple pokemon in GSC

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    yup!
    it's pretty weird indeed to hatch a full grown Kangaskhan with a baby... :\

I think they'll call it like Mime Jr. :3
    it'll be cute.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Yeah, Baby Kangkaskhan is needed as a pokemon. Also, the male Kangaskhan needs to be put in as well. After all they are the "Parent Pokemon." Last time I checked, Dads were parents too. I think the only reason they haven't made Baby Kangaskhan a pokemon yet is because they are too weak unlike other babys. They've always describe the babies as really docile and defenseless.

Missigno. = Baby Kangaskhan? lol

firedude750

currently EV training meganium
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2009
    yeah they shouldve added an alternate form of kangaskan, where the female has the baby in its poutch, and the male doesnt

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • The move Substitute makes you look kinda like a Kangaskahn baby.

*Gasp* That's so true. We trainers should be ashamed for considering Substitute a move. No wonder Kangaskhan are so rare. We're throwing the babies out there to save our butts in battle. *never uses Substitute again*

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think the only reason they haven't made Baby Kangaskhan a pokemon yet is because they are too weak unlike other babys. They've always describe the babies as really docile and defenseless.

Explain to me why babyskhan gets out and punches in Stadium 2.

*Gasp* That's so true. We trainers should be ashamed for considering Substitute a move. No wonder Kangaskhan are so rare. We're throwing the babies out there to save our butts in battle. *never uses Substitute again*

-gaspgasp-

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I forgot about that. But don't all infants imitate their parents? So that may just be a little bit of childish pretending by the kid. BTW, that's the best name for it. Babyskhan should be it's official name.

In working with kids this week, I've noticed they do. A sweet little three year old told our missionary leader to shut up...it's sad how that happens, really...

Back on topic, thanks. We should submit the name. Babyskhan...I used to think it was just a minion. And we do need a daddyskhan...though that won't be the official name, I do hope. xD

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Back on topic, thanks. We should submit the name. Babyskhan...I used to think it was just a minion. And we do need a daddyskhan...though that won't be the official name, I do hope. xD

It'll be tough to think up a name for a male Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan is a manipulation of Gengis Khan the conquerer. They already took the ideal name for Papakhan (also should not be the official name). I mean if they had made Kangaskhan all male they could have done a Kangaskanna to be the female, but no they chose to make it impossible to think up a male name for it. It just might be better to retcon Kangaskhan to have males but really rare (as in, oh idk, 1 out of 50) to make it seem like they were always there but not really.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I think Kangaskhan is like a matryoshka doll! Decreasing sizes... on and on. XD

Well, Pokémon isn't exactly reality. Everything is perfect! :D Some hatch into babies and take a journey into adulthood. Others, hello world, I'm done cookin'! Maybe it has a baby while it's in the baby? You know, like those. A baby form in generation five would be a proper addition to help there 'evolution line'. So yeah, I think of Kangaskhan like a matryoshka doll for that always a little one inside kinda thing. XD

Gacs

Custom User Title
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2008
    yeah they shouldve added an alternate form of kangaskan, where the female has the baby in its poutch, and the male doesnt

Oh, I like this concept. They could've put a male Kangaskhan in 1st. gen, and then added the gender difference for D/P.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Personally I think "Kangaskid" is a superior name.

But yeah, this all comes from the first gen, since they didn't have genders or even eggs back then, but they've kept it like this the entire time since then.

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Maybe they just never thought about it... :/

Like Amachi said, Kangaskhan was around before eggs and whatnot. And Kangaskhan, being as rare and not (I didn't say un-)popular as it was, caused the creators not to recreate like they did with pikachu, ratatta(not really popular, just for the HMs), and pidgey.

But then that wouldn't explain Mime Jr. coming in. Mr. Mime was pretty much like Kangaskhan, but wasn't as... You know... Illogical... :/

Atlas

Steam Soldier
    Years
  • It would be epic if they made Pokemon grow as they leveled... and have the sprites display this.

Giant Pokemon coming out of tiny eggs.... Preposterous.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I think you have a point, they could make the baby evolve into kangaskhan.

Back