• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kanon Anime

Years
    I just finished watching a great amine, Kanon. It was sad, and episode 10 was the saddest, but i have some questions:
    (continue reading only if you watched all 24 episodes)
    Spoiler:

anyway am I wrong? I just want someone to confirm thi, and all of you should watch it, it is a great anime

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Oh goodness. Saw Kanon back in January. You just made a thread about one of my favorite animes ever.

Since you're talking about 24 episodes, I assume you watched the Kyoto version, which is, in my opinion, the superior one.

Let me answer your question here in some spoiler tags.

Spoiler:

I loved Makoto's arc, by the way. I don't think I cried so hard for any other story ever; it was very touching.

Oh yeah, the fan translation of the Kanon visual novel (off which both anime adaptations are based; a visual novel is a story in the format of a computer game) is almost complete; it's in a partial beta (can play through Shiori's path). Go import the VN if you've got the money and download the patch here. Also, check out some of Key's other works, like Clannad (don't forget to watch After Story if you watch the anime adaptation, it's the second half of the visual novel) and Air (both titles have anime adaptations which are, like Kanon, both based off of visual novels).

Last edited:
    Years
    thanks, I have it clear now. episode 10 was the first time I cried in a long time. anyway thanks again, i guess i will find a version of the game, maby. I was going to watch clanndad (or however you spell it), but I couldn't find them, anyway thanks again, but I will still yell at my screen when I watch it again.:)

twocows

Years
    It's an eroge game by the way, and with badly drawn CGs.
    The focus isn't on the erotic scenes, and I disagree with your opinion on the CGs being poorly drawn. They're not as good as the drawing in the 2006 adaptation, sure, but they're not bad by any means.

I'll PM you with information about Clannad as soon as I get a chance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I disagree with your opinion on the CGs being poorly drawn. They're not as good as the drawing in the 2006 adaptation, sure, but they're not bad by any means.
    I mean anatomy and the like; I actually prefer the original style of drawing, but the quality of where things go and how big they should be in relation to others is arguably dire in many CGs that I've seen.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Story-wise, I think they overused the "childhood friend" concept for the characters.
    Also, the kids didn't really act like kids; normally, boys around ten years old would avoid/tease/bully girls rather than play with them. And there are other things that would be spoilers but I don't feel like using spoiler tags so blahhhhhhh

I liked it though.

Years
    that's true

well that's true, I didn't think this thread would be alive for more than a day though, anyway, wouldn't a 10 year old boy try to avoid them, not play with them?[AGELIMIT]

maby he was a player in training, lol[/AGELIMIT]

twocows

Years
    I'd rather have something unlikely that enhances the story than something realistic that doesn't.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    Hm, I've never watched this anime, but it looks pretty interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Back