• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kanto 20 years later

Years
    Who do you think would be gym leaders? Elite Four? Any specific things you think would happen to either a character or location? Not fussed about if its the anime or the games.

Years
    I think it'd be super cool to have one of Brock's siblings officially a gym leader in his place in the future. Seeing Visquez (slight spoilers for those who have not watched the Pokémon Journeys anime) as the new Vermillion City gym leader in place of Lt. Surge would be cool too, I think she deserves an in-game cameo/recognition!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    If we go by GSC standards then I'd say most Gym Leaders would probably stay the same, just older. The only ones quitting I think may be Lt. Surge and Blaine. Actually, I could see Surge becoming one of the E4. After all Koga has shown us that it's possible.

Koga, Bruno and Lance are also characters I'd consider pretty consistent in their performance. So them staying in their position would make sense to me.

In terms of places the one that seems most up in the air is Cinnabar Island. While the town was destroyed due to a volcanic eruption, it still seems to be somewhat frequented. So I wouldn't be surprised if people went back and started rebuilding everything.

Thinking about it: we never actually found out what happened to the people living there during the outbreak, did we?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i'm still not over how they moved all those pokemon graves from pokemon tower to create the radio tower. or are the bodies still there. like wtf was that about

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Gym Leaders:
    Brock, Misty, Erika, Janine, and Sabrina would definitely stick around, given how they're still relatively young. Another Trainer might even take Blue's place, as he may either stay and monitor the Battle Tree with Red or even spend time with Oak in his apparent final years.

Lt. Surge might move some ranks, and, as one user put it very well, could even become an Elite Four member. I personally see him either becoming a professional sports coach or even returning to the army, though.

Blaine would definitely retire. I'd imagine a very energetic and scientific young woman taking his place, just to keep Cinnibar and the Seafoam Islands as lively as ever.

Elite Four:
    Lt. Surge could hypothetically take Bruno's place. I'd imagine Bruno himself may even step down and train in Mt. Silver, especially when Red is no longer there, given his prestigious position in Alola.

The Pokémon in Mt. Silver are more than perfectly strong enough to keep Bruno and his Pokémon in shape. He might even take the Karate King's unsuccessful and youthful apprentices under his wing.

I would imagine that Agatha might be dead by now, while Lorelei makes it her mission to keep both the Sevii Islands and Kanto safe. I'd hope the former makes peace and gets positive personal closure on her history with Oak beforehand.

Lance is still the Champion, all things considered. His role in helping Ethan, Kris or Lyra take down Team Rocket is a feat worthy of maintaining the highest possible authority a strong trainer like himself might have for life.

Will and Koga would definitely still be around. Karen may even become a mom. I'd imagine she would have a daughter who eventually takes her place.

The Region itself
    The place becomes much cleaner, as Erika's efforts for a greener and more environmentally friendly Kanto would be accepted and executed by many.

Years
    i'm still not over how they moved all those pokemon graves from pokemon tower to create the radio tower. or are the bodies still there. like wtf was that about

if they can do that, they might even install a new Gym in the town or something. if Blaine retires and Cinnabar's still in shambles 2 decades later, Kanto kinda needs one to finish out the 8 Gyms requirement.

if it's gon be a Ghost gym, Agatha might need to retire too to not make things redundant or smth (also i just realized there's so many boomers in Kanto damn)

Years
    • Seen today
    Brock moved to Johto and kicked out Falkner.

Misty is in Hoenn challenging Wallace for his position.

Surge has become Wattson

Erika and Janine are still around

Sabrina has become a trio gym with Tate and Liza

Blaine is still gym leader and has found the secret to immortality.

Blue finally defeated red, they've swapped positions. You can find blue on mount silver.

Back