• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kanto is lame

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    To me its w/e im not going to complain cause to me there's no reason to. I enjoyed being there while battling everyone.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    I don't see why anyone needs a story to play through Kanto.

With the exception of the obligatory legendary battle, Kanto was just the same as the Johto version.

Johto - Beat 8 gyms, challenge Champion.
    Kanto - Beat 8 more gyms, challenge True Champion.

That, and all Hoenn (or more specifically, Emerald) got was a crappy Battle Frontier, Sinnoh got that tiny island, and Johto gets a whole other region added to it. Why ask for more when HG/SS already give you the most things to do after beating the E4?

sinnoh region is about the same size as kanto and johto put together, while a little bigger. and then the mini region. that being said johto & kanto isnt very big. i just wish kanto had everything else that was lost back.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    i actually liked Kanto :P ...
    its the fact that i cant be bothered through the storyline,
    i just wanna battle.... kinda what the BT is for, but still :)
    .. and im finding it hard to restart my HG because i cant be bothered going through the story again.
    be positive people :D
    at least there was a Kanto :) !

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    I never had any problems with Kanto, not even back in GSC. I'm just glad they made it better with HG/SS. I thought it was neat to be able to go back to the older region. However... thinking back about it, I think having Kanto with GSC is mainly why GSC had such atrocious level scaling, and I also think it made Johto too short (at least when compared to the other regions) but still, GSC/HGSS are my favorite games in the series.

Also the music in Katno... Kanto wild battle is my favorite battle theme ever!

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    I think perhaps there is a rift here in terms of what some are saying and what others are hearing.:P
    I think that with maybe one exception, we're all happy Kanto is in the game. I just think, along with a few others, that even a barebones story that gives the player a reason to explore Kanto beyond just because would have made it a lot better.
    On the same token, I perfectly understand why many are happy with how it is. More battles and more training=good.

But for my tastes, I know that when the story in a game stops, I more or less lose most of my interest.

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    Do you think that in Pokemon Black/white, they are going to put an old region in the game? Hoenn perhaps?

I don't think they will, not with all the new sorta 3D stuff they're doing. I believe we will see a remake at some point of Ruby and whatnot, however.

Back