• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Kanto Plot Roleplay!~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkxangel

Lalalalalala
    Years
    PLOT

Greetings and welcome to the world of Pokemon! It is a vast and diverse land, full of many different creatures as well as people known as pokemon trainers who control them in battle.

You are one of these pokemon trainers. With your new starting partner at your side and your fellow pokemon trainer companions, each having their own unique pokemon, you must travel through the land that is Kanto, collecting gym badges from the various cities as you strive for one goal and that's to be the Pokemon Master.

You are either a resident of Pallet Town [and have decided to finally begin your Pokemon Journey, with your newly obtained starter Pokemon, Squirtle, Charmander, or Bulbasaur...] or a wandering trainer, perhaps a Gym Leader, a Rocket member...the possibilities are wide open.

There will be many challenges and many people who get in your way. The Rockets will wreak havoc in several towns along the way, and you will need to help stop them, unless you yourself are one of them. Will you work with your fellow pokemon trainers, or against them? Only time will tell.​

Rules

1) No Legendary Pokemon. I'm sorry...​

2) Let your personality shine through! Don't be perfect. The flaws are what makes this interesting.​

3) YOU MUST BE ACTIVE. Please, if you need to leave, tell us beforehand.

4) This world will not be restricted to only Kanto pokemon. Johto and Hoenn are allowed as well, but if you choose to catch/battle one, please make it believable. [[Ex: If you are a starter trainer, you won't find a Tyrannitar in Mt. Moon...]]

The Character Sheet

Character Name:​

Apperance:

Personality:

History:

Pokemon Starter:

TAKEN STARTERS

Charmander: Ater_Ventus
    Squirtle: linxangel
    Bulbasaur: Nau

Gym Leaders: Open
    Rocket Members: Open

Last edited:

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
    Years
    Character Name: Kaisuga
    Appearance:
    ~~Kanto Plot Roleplay!~~

Personality: Kaisuga is calm and intelligent. She knows much about Pokemon and how to raise one. Even though Kaisuga has a calm personality, she can be hyper and silly at times. She loves Pokemon and has spent many years in school learning everything she can about Pokemon. She is devoted, and extremely excited to get her first Pokemon.
    History: Kaisuga was born in the quiet Lavender Town. She lived there most of her life, attending Pokemon Training Schools. After she turned 14, she moved briefly to Pallet town, where she moved in with her Mother until she received her first Pokemon, thereafter she will leave to start her journey.
    Pokemon Starter: Charmander

Last edited:

linkxangel

Lalalalalala
    Years
    Character Name: Lena

Appearance:
    ~~Kanto Plot Roleplay!~~

History: Sara was born and raised in Rustboro City, Hoenn. She recently graduated with top honors at the Trainer's School and moved to Viridian City shortly after with her aunt. She now plans on pursuing her dream of becoming the Champion.
    Personality: Always charming, she is highly ambitious and fun-loving. Her high spirits inspire others. She tends to employ sarcasm into almost everything. She's very very sweet, to the point of annoying others. Sometimes considered a push over because she's too nice to say no. She has a habit of apologizing for everything, and is constantly scolded for that.

Preferred Starter: Squirtle

Anyone feel free to join!

Last edited:

Nau

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    Character name:Nau

apperance: 5" 6', short red hair,and brown eyes. wares a red tank top and denim pants. just a plain pair of sneckers will do it.
    personality:she is kind and deturmaned, she likes to finish any job she starts. she not one to back down easly, and if a friend needs her help she there as soon as she can.

past:she lives with her mom in Viridian city, when she got her first pokemon she packed up, said good by and got ready to head out on her journy!

starter pokemon:Bulbasour

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    Character Name: Violet Carrara​

Apperance: Violet wears usually green boots which help and cover his legs when she is hiking or riding. She also wears a brown t-shirt and on top of that t-shirt she has a green jacket like shirt and as pants she wears short jeans that are also comfortable but easy to dress. She sometimes also wear a green headscarf if she don´t want to mess her hair which are brown.

Personality: Violet is helpful and friendly but she don´t hesitate to say what´s on her mind. She also likes to joke around and is really outcoming and easy to befriend with. Violet comes along almost with everybody and around pokémons she isn´t shy at all.

History: Her cousin is a famous gymleader in Sinnoh but she hasn´t met her ever. She has a dream to become a gymleader too but now she wants to be the champion of Kanto Elite Four. Her mother is a famous cordinator and her father is travelling around somewhere as a trainer. Her little sister is studying in a pokémon academy and Violet has lived in Pallet town ever since she can remember.

Pokemon Starter: Bulbasaur (female)

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    DDD:
    CHARMANDER IS TAKEN.

Gah.. Can you reserve a sign-up spot for Bulbasaur?
    I'll edit it into this post if you dont respond in time.

I can see other people are interested in him/her, but I still want a chance to join.
    -nods-

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
    Years
    Sayaira: Yes, Charmander is taken. BY ME. >D Bulbasaur is taken too, I'm afraid, first come first serve. :[ That means that all the starters are taken, but fear not!

You can still join, even if you don't get a starter. You can be a trainer we meet along the way, and just to keep it fair, you can have ONE of the basic pokemon you can find wild near pallet. =P Meaning Pidgy, Ratata, Caterpie, etc etc. Is that alright with you? We'd still love for you to join.

FruitBoy: Yes, please. :]

We can probably start after you people make you're profiles... =D!

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    Hmm, since you dont have an OOC thread, I'll post me questions here.
    (Darn you and your Charmander to! <- 'Tis a joke)

What way will you be running the thread?
    Will we keep track of our own level-ups and item finds?
    Or will you be deciding it?

About the starter pokemon, I'd probably be your best friend if I was able to get a Vulpix/Growlith.
    (It needs to be near Pallet, eh?)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Can I have a spot reserved for a rocket member? I'm thinking about joining this and I'll have my sign up ready kinda soon.

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    I don't know if it's acceptable, but I'd like to play as a gym leader who is just beginning to start up an unofficial gym. (However, based on Gary's set of badges from the Indigo qualifications, supposedly there are other possible gyms in Kanto, so I suppose if you wanted it that way, it could be official.)

I'll be away for two weeks starting this coming Sunday, however, so if you want me to join in at a later point, that's cool with me. Just let me know so I can write up my application.

Gewitterdrache27

Means Tempest Dragon
    Years
    Name: Zenon
    Species: Growlithe
    Level: 20
    Appearance: Zenon looks like a normal growlithe but instead of red and black with yellow tufts, he his black and blue with red tufts.
    Personality: Zenon has a thing against people since soon after he hatched he was attacked and fainted by a trainer using a sandslash. He is very smart but has a short temper. Has few friends in the wild and despises ground pokemon. Would be very hard to catch.
    History: Soon after he hatched, this oddly colored Growlithe was attacked by a trainer who used a sandslash. At low health a Great Ball was used on him but it didn't catch him. The trainer made the Sandslash use scratch to hopefully lower him some more, but ended up fainting him. Ne now roams in the grass near Viridian City, in the direction of Victory Road.
    Ability: Flame Acceleration: Flame Wheel is 1.5 times more powerful.
    Moves: Bite, Ember, Odor Slueth, Flame Wheel (Signiature Move)
    Nature: Serious

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    Terrence "Terry" Ravenbrook

~~Kanto Plot Roleplay!~~

Character Name: Terrence "Terry" Ravenbrook
    Appearance: Terrence has black hair and lightly tanned skin. He is often seen wearing semiformal black and white outfits; occasionally he wears a purple cape, for both show and symbolism.

Personality/History:
    Terrence sticks up for the little guy. He's the kind of guy who gives his change to charities, feels guilty for not giving more, and ends up dropping anything short of a twenty into the coffee can. (He wants to help, but he needs to keep himself fed.)

He left home at the age of 10 to become a powerful trainer. He was always inspired by the gallant figures on television who fought hard in battles with their Pokemon, but had not hardened themselves in the process. Terry respects good sportsmanship and mutual respect. He sees life as "apples-to-oranges," and believes that people and Pokemon alike should be accepted as they are, rather than held hostage by their flaws.

Terrence found a certain similar disdain for Dark type Pokemon among many trainers whom he had come across in his journeys through Johto and Hoenn. The people of Johto saw the Murkrow as a harbinger of despair and destruction, and those of Hoenn often treated Absols similarly. This brought about a powerful attraction toward and interest in the Dark type Pokemon that many others were so blatantly unappreciative of.

Specializing in Dark type Pokemon, he is often prejudged as a shady individual. For this reason, he goes out of his way to try and befriend people, despite the blatantly obvious fact that it goes against his quiet nature. Finding his efforts admirable and endearing, people are drawn closer to him.

Team:
    Terrence's team has a wide variety of personalities. Ranging from motherly to nearly bi-polar, the Pokemon that work with Terry all share equally strong devotion and loyalty to him, as well as each other.

Name: Nimbus
    Species: Murkrow
    Basic Personality: Generally happy-go-lucky, but realistic enough to get through the day in one piece. The perfect starter and friend for Terry. Can speak broken English, but only does so occasionally.

Name: Neiva
    Species: Sneasel
    Basic Personality: Usually stays below the radar, but has a unique role in the group. Is the only one who can calm Orrick down, aside from the rare success resulting from Terry's attempts.

Name: Blaise
    Species: Houndoom
    Basic Personality: Has a short temper, but when reconciled with, makes a great companion to those around her.

Name: Chisel / "Chiz" / "Chizzy" etc.
    Species: Sharpedo
    Basic Personality: Willfully intimidating to outsiders, but welcomes good friends with a grin.

Name: Orrick
    Species: Shiftry
    Basic Personality: Typically disinterested in his surroundings; in battle settings changes completely, becoming a fighting machine. Once in a rage, is difficult to subdue by anyone other than Neiva.

Name: Gaia
    Species: Tyranitar
    Basic Personality: Very protective of Terry and his team; will go to great (and potentially violent) lengths to keep them out of harm's way.

linkxangel

Lalalalalala
    Years
    All of you that inquired about the gym leaders:

...Beyond: Accepted [[Interesting idea, by the way]]
    Lusankya: Accepted :]

Bulbasaur is already taken, I'm sorry. By Nau. But we would love it if you could be a pokemon, gym leader, or rocket.

Orangejediman: Accepted! That's a great idea. Would you mind being caught by one of the trainers, or will you be an Eevee that follows us around...sort of?

Mr. Person: Accepted. Thank you!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back