• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kanto - So Much Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    i'm also hoping that it has more of a plot- i mean, once johto was done, Kanto Needs To Be Carrying The Supreme Awesomeness- If It Can't Carry It, Theres No Point In It Being There, Cuz It Will Just Fall And Be Crushed By Said Supreme Awesomeness- And The Gamers On Top Will Feel Let Down (these Metaphors working for ya'?)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I wonder if they would keep Cinnabar Island as a wasteland. It was sad. I feel bad for Blaine. XD

Anyways, it would be great if they return the Safari Zone and include harder trainers, including Gym Leaders. With that, I'm content.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Make everything return to normal. Just make cinnabar look destroyed and the seafoam islands to be a bit more special then one stupid leader. Maybe to get to blaine you have to traverse through all 3 and unlock the road?

jackowacko876

Pokemon Expert
    Years
    -stronger gyms
    -return of Giovanni
    -Sevii Islands
    -something like the ruby/sapphire on the Sevii Islands, a little extra storyline for trading w/ Sinnoh
    -Safari Zone
    -a way to get Kanto starters (FAR into the storyline)
    -legendary birds
    -Cinnibar Island back up and running

slaughter077

Thread is Getting Way Bigger!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2014
    - Stronger Kanto Leaders, (seemed a tad weak to me)
    - More native pokemon
    - Safari Zone
    - Return of the Legendary Birds
    - Return of Cinnabar Island (I missed it)
    - Giovanni back as 8th gym
    - Maybe Team Rocket making more appearances in Kanto

I don't like the return of Cinnabar, Geoavani back, or More rockets.... You're changing the story too much

almostlovehate

Complete...global...satur ation
    Years
    Off topic: They should just do a game with all 4 regions, all 492 Pokes, and all the badges and E4 people. I'd buy it. o.o

Topic: Keep it how they did with thye original 2nd gen games, but make the difficult a little harder, and it'd be epic. :D

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    I'm pretty sure there will be an R2 Elite Four and Red, in the same vein as FR/LG and Platinum. Although it sounds stupid, it really ticked me off that Pearl in Platinum eventually becomes stronger that Red was in G/S/C, so I hope to see that corrected in the new games.

Also, GSDS Shaymin event anybody? Oak mentions that there is a similar white rock that involve the Shaymin event found in Kanto. Or another Shaymin forme?

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    I'm pretty sure there will be an R2 Elite Four and Red, in the same vein as FR/LG and Platinum. Although it sounds stupid, it really ticked me off that Pearl in Platinum eventually becomes stronger that Red was in G/S/C, so I hope to see that corrected in the new games.

Stronger yes. Smarter?

This guy will waste 7-10 turns trying to reduce my stats while I just wail on him. Red WILL KILL YOU without blinking a friggin eye. Course thats just the first time experience.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Off topic: They should just do a game with all 4 regions, all 492 Pokes, and all the badges and E4 people. I'd buy it. o.o

Topic: Keep it how they did with thye original 2nd gen games, but make the difficult a little harder, and it'd be epic. :D

Anyway, It'd be so leet if you find Giovanni and Cyrus having a conference,
    or battling each other and stuff, or discussing the recent events of being
    thwarted by a young kid (2 in Giovanni's case), or Cyrus is disguised along with
    Giovanni, or at least a freaking Cameo. I LOVED What they did with Fawful
    in the Mario & Luigi series. He was the final boss' minion in the first game,
    in the second game he was disguised underground buying beans for some
    reason, and in the third one he makes a comeback. I really want Giovanni
    and Cyrus to do the same. It'd be cool if we actually get an explanation
    this time.

Also, what was said before. upped levels, Elite Four Revenge,
    I'd love to see Gym Leaders or Elite's visiting Kanto like the
    leaders did in Platinum, where you see them all over the place,
    or maybe you can have a reference to Sinnoh via Jasmine,
    and she'll explain why she was in Sunyshore..

Basically, I want more story than features. I didn't really mind any of that
    low-level stuff (even though I wish it could be improved), but the only thing
    that bugged me is the fact that there's so many unexplained things, like
    why Lugia and Ho-Oh are where they are (maybe an explanation from the guy
    who gives you the Silver/Rainbow wing) or why the Safari is closed, or why
    Blaine is where he is.. Y'know, the small details that would COMPLETE the story.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they decide on putting the Kanto back in rather than something like the BAttle Frontier...then here's what I would like:

- Safari Zone returns w/ exclusive Pokémon
    - Gaining one of the Kanto Starters
    - Stronger Gyms and Elites
    - More references to the manga characters other than just Red and Green (stated before)
    - Addition of a better Kanto Storyline as well...

Years
    I would like to see a singing Jigglypuff in Kanto. <3

I would also like to see the building that Machop has been working on for years. Anyone remember that there was a Machop modeling a building in Vermillion? It would be nice to see it finally built. I would like some information on why the SS Anne never returned... (I know it sank b/c of the episode in the anime, but still.)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I would like to see a singing Jigglypuff in Kanto. <3

I would also like to see the building that Machop has been working on for years. Anyone remember that there was a Machop modeling a building in Vermillion? It would be nice to see it finally built. I would like some information on why the SS Anne never returned... (I know it sank b/c of the episode in the anime, but still.)

I do remember that Machop and it would be nice to see if they did anythiing for that after so long. The white rock is another good mystery they might add in as well.

Years
    How I would improve Kanto:

-Add the Safari Zone (obviously)
    -Have Cinnibar Island.
    This should be no trouble, the only reason Game Freak left them out was because the cartridge could not contain enough data and they couldn't fit the game on two carts.

I think you should aquire a new rival in the Johto Region. Team Rocket also should be fully intergrated into the region, perhapes them trying to capture the Legendary Birds to gain their power back and the player having to defeat them.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    If they decide on putting the Kanto back in rather than something like the BAttle Frontier...then here's what I would like:

- Safari Zone returns w/ exclusive Pokémon
    - Gaining one of the Kanto Starters
    - Stronger Gyms and Elites
    - More references to the manga characters other than just Red and Green (stated before)
    - Addition of a better Kanto Storyline as well...
    Are you reading my mind?xD
    Thats what i want in kanto too,Battle frontier isnt that fun but kanto is another region,Kanto have the best safari zone and they should add a little more pokemon in it,Espcially Jotho's,Like Phanpy.
    Having a kanto starter wouldnt hurt would it?
    They also should add Blue an Yellow in the game and make the gyms and E4 harder.
    This would be challenging!

Years
    I would like to see:
    *Bigger Kanto/Extra region
    *Harder Kanto gym leaders
    *Battle frontier after you beat all kanto gyms
    *The trainer house in Viridian city could be like the Top trainer café in Platinum
    *More events

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't like the return of Cinnabar, Geoavani back, or More rockets.... You're changing the story too much

Agreed.

Oh by the way, I NEED to say this:

GSC ARE NOT THE ONLY GAMES WITH TWO REGIONS!!!

The Sevii Islands in FR/LG are known as "Seven Islands Region" in Japan! Region!
    R-E-G-I-O-N!

Only games with 16 Badges, Yes. Only games with two regions, NO.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I agree that the focus of the game should be on Johto and everything within it, but having Kanto kind of remastered would be amazing as well.

Althoooooough, if Cinnabar Island turns out to be the volcanic bleh it was before, I won't be entirely disappointed. :P I mean, they might really want to make it EXACTLY like it's original version, just with futuristic edits (like how in FR/LG you had the VS Seeker, or whatever it's equivalent was.)

What I'd really like is yeah, the Safari Zone, but also A MEGA FOCUS on the day/night aspect. I mean sure in DPP the time changed and what not, but you didn't really see particular Pokémon out during certain time frames or catching Lapras on Fridays only (sigh..nostalgic.)

But for Kanto specifically, yeah, an improvement of gyms, a Safari Zone, a 2nd batch of Elite Four members to fight, and it'd be sweet to get another rival or have the Frontier.

Years
    Kanto definitely has the most potential to be awesome upon an upgrade. Since it was dilapidated mostly due to lack of space in the original, and since they shouldn't have a problem with that any more, I think that's where most of the new additions should be added, and that Johto should be mostly left alone. I worry, however, that the makers of the game are gonna think that the fanbase wants it to be as close as possible and thus will keep most of the old features for continuity's sake. :-/

I agree with much has been said in this thread. I liked having Blue as the 8th Gym Leader in Kanto, but I would also like to see Giovanni make an appearance--I mean, c'mon, he's the center of half the plot in Johto, yet we never even see him? He at least had to have heard those radio broadcasts, and I'd imagine that he'd be a little curious about that. Perhaps make him reappear in Kanto somewhere, either trying to rebuild Team Rocket or explaining that he wants nothing more to do with it and that he's a changed man, but at least make him battleable.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I agree with White Lancer. Giovanni should make a bigger return, and a bigger Kanto. I would like it to have a feature, although I say this for every new game, a option to release your pokemon so they walk around with you as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back