• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kanto - So Much Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I loved being able to go back to Kanto. I was so excited when I found out in the original GS versions. (I even liked how the music there was different than the music in Johto.) I'm wondering, however, if they're going to just update the FrLg Kanto music or update the GS Kanto music for HG/SS.

Dementor

Daisuke Motomiya
    Years
  • Wicked.GSC were best pokemon game ever made.Kanto is my life.Bein' ablw to visit in two regions was the best function of pokemon gsc.I love this thing.Cant wait for release :)

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I hope they redo maps like Viridian Forest and Mt Moon and I really want them to increase the gym leader's level. They were ridiculously easy.

Pogeygothaxed

Pokémon exDeltaSpecies Creator
    Years
  • I don't know. To make it 'harder' they'd have to actually program a better AI, imo, at least. Because all the old AI's only had high level Pokemon that attacked and used a Potion if Health reached below x. You're really better off just keeping what they had in D/P where you challenged other people from around the world if you want an actual challenge. BUT, I do realize not everyone is competitive at battling, etc, so in an in-game AI that supported better intelligence would be kind of nice if you didn't feel up to battling some random n00b and then his best friend which is some expert.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
  • I think it would be cool if it were almost a two games in one kind of deal but still have one storyline throughout the game.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Kanto has a lot of potential, but what I'm looking forward to seeing Kanto with is the new graphics. I mean, right now it is hard to picture seeing as how FireRed and LeafGreen came out a few years ago with 3rd Generation graphics. I definitely saw the difference in Johto with the new graphic change and tiles, now I'd like to see Kanto as I'm sure it'll look like a fresh new area. I'm actually wondering if Kanto will be given new tiles from DPPt, like how Johto was given a bit [for example, the new trees].

Anyway, I'd like to see Kanto be given some twists and turns. In the original we could basically travel out of order, I'm hoping this stay, but I'd like it to be a bit more organized on how it all plays out. Seeing the levels higher will be a plus, as it'll finalyl add the realistic feel of a region growing rather than shrinking after three years. When I saw this in the orignal Gold/Silver/ and Crystal, it was disappointing to me, but hopefully that won't be the case this time.

Super Pichu

Pichu Lover
    Years
  • Now why would GameFreak put in a region, possibly the worst region of all time, in a remake of a game when they could just include the first two regions which are highly regarded as the best?
    I didn't like Kanto, mostly because there was nothing unique, unlike Sinnoh where each town had i different feel, (Snowpoint, Sunnyshore ect) so IMO Kanto was blah, i liked the games though.
    so for me.
    Johto
    Sinnoh
    Hoenn
    Kanto

MunchingOrange

The Orange Empire Strikes Back
    Years
  • Im thinking that they should incorporate a remake of Yellow where you can journey through Kanto post game but they nclude a Pikachu that follows you around and you can get all 3 Kanto Starters!

Years
  • Kanto has a lot of potential, but what I'm looking forward to seeing Kanto with is the new graphics. I mean, right now it is hard to picture seeing as how FireRed and LeafGreen came out a few years ago with 3rd Generation graphics. I definitely saw the difference in Johto with the new graphic change and tiles, now I'd like to see Kanto as I'm sure it'll look like a fresh new area. I'm actually wondering if Kanto will be given new tiles from DPPt, like how Johto was given a bit [for example, the new trees].

Anyway, I'd like to see Kanto be given some twists and turns. In the original we could basically travel out of order, I'm hoping this stay, but I'd like it to be a bit more organized on how it all plays out. Seeing the levels higher will be a plus, as it'll finalyl add the realistic feel of a region growing rather than shrinking after three years. When I saw this in the orignal Gold/Silver/ and Crystal, it was disappointing to me, but hopefully that won't be the case this time.

Well its easy to see why Kanto would have shrunk in the second generation, there is a limit to space on the GBC cartridge. But since the DS can hold more most likely they will expand it a little more, perhaps even add another storyline.

Years
  • Maybe they can elaborate more on the whole Magnet Train dilemma. Last time, it seemed like they were going to do something more with it, but they couldn't because lack of memory space. That's probably why there was only one Rocket grunt in Kanto. Due to the power plant missing a machine part, some towns in Kanto could have a power outage, meaning you can't access certain gyms. Once you fix the Magnet train problem, you can go to the other gyms. Those gyms you were unable to access earlier will have higher levels. Creating more of a challenge in the game.

Other things they can do:
    ~Open the Safari zone and make Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon available there after the National Dex is obtained.
    ~Open Cerulean Cave so you can battle powerful Pokemon so your Pokemon are strong enough to battle Red.
    ~Make the Seafoam Islands have a building and have some trees. The building can be Blaine's new gym. (That is, if they kept the idea of a volcano erupting in Cinnabar.)
    ~As for the place where Cal is, maybe they can add more trainers.
    ~Maybe they can have a contest building in Kanto (Vermilion City to be exact, seeing as Machop has been stomping the land flat so they could add a building there.) In the contest building, you can compete against: Leaf, Red's Mom, Jasmine, and Will. (I chose Will of the Elite Four because he seems to be the artistic type who would do very well.)

I don't know if anyone mentioned these before. If anyone has, please forgive me.

~Ashley

Dr. James

Experimenting
    Years
  • You know what I disliked about Generation 2? That the Viridian Forest was VERY-VERY small compared to the one of Generation 1. I hope the Forest remains in size as it was in FireRed/LeafGreen.

I hope the Magnet Train is better. Everyone I know, was hoping to get a new exciting adventure in there. But inside there was nothing.

More Rockets. A new subplot. And perhaps the chance of catching Celebi.

The Battle Frointer, perhaps where the Battle Tower was in Crystal.

Safari Zone, obviously. A bigger Kanto (G/S/C Kanto was very small.)

More things, adventures. Each time I play again G/S/C and I arrive to Kanto it seems that the adventure's over.

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
  • First off, the developers really need to flesh out Kanto's size. The Seafoam Islands shouldn't be a bunch of rocks, and the Viridian Forest shouldn't be a field.

Additionally, more Team Rocket in Kanto aside from one measly Grunt messing with the Power Plant would be appreciated. Also, Giovanni should appear somewhere in Kanto. Having him not appear in the originals was a total waste.

All in all, Kanto was really bad in G/S/C. It was also very anti-climatic. In short, Kanto needs a plot. Team Rocket should be the ideal solution to this problem.

Years
  • Maybe they can elaborate more on the whole Magnet Train dilemma. Last time, it seemed like they were going to do something more with it, but they couldn't because lack of memory space. That's probably why there was only one Rocket grunt in Kanto. Due to the power plant missing a machine part, some towns in Kanto could have a power outage, meaning you can't access certain gyms. Once you fix the Magnet train problem, you can go to the other gyms. Those gyms you were unable to access earlier will have higher levels. Creating more of a challenge in the game.

Other things they can do:
    ~Open the Safari zone and make Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon available there after the National Dex is obtained.
    ~Open Cerulean Cave so you can battle powerful Pokemon so your Pokemon are strong enough to battle Red.
    ~Make the Seafoam Islands have a building and have some trees. The building can be Blaine's new gym. (That is, if they kept the idea of a volcano erupting in Cinnabar.)
    ~As for the place where Cal is, maybe they can add more trainers.
    ~Maybe they can have a contest building in Kanto (Vermilion City to be exact, seeing as Machop has been stomping the land flat so they could add a building there.) In the contest building, you can compete against: Leaf, Red's Mom, Jasmine, and Will. (I chose Will of the Elite Four because he seems to be the artistic type who would do very well.)

I don't know if anyone mentioned these before. If anyone has, please forgive me.

~Ashley

Most likely they will have contest halls in Johto, more specifically in Goldenrod.

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
  • i would like to see kanto be more difficult than it was in the originals. I also want to see more gen 1 pkmn, and not have to find houndour and murkrow there instead of in johto.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    What the heck is up with Peanut spamming crap all over the place? Half of that wasn't necessary, and the other half expressed little, and contributed nothing. ><

Anywho, yes, change the leveling and AI to work like Platinum. I'm not even sure what happened there, but I like it. Also... does this include Mt. Silver? Lots o' stuff there. Some nice PokeRadar chaining possibilities, maybe some trade-evo pokemon (like Steelix in Iron Island) and have Red "train" as you beat the e4 again and again, like Barry did.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    What I think will probably happen is they will add an extra section like there was the "islands" in FRLG where Sinnoh/Hoenn pokemon will be.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I dont remeber cinibar island being destroyed hmmm? Im guna go play Sliver now see you in 8 hours

Yep, three years after the events in Kanto, we later found out that a volcano had erupted in Cinnibar Island. This is the reason why we found Gym Leader Blaine on Seafoam Islands and was able to battle him there for the Gym Badge. I honestly think they can do more with this idea and make it a new location to explore, like what they did for Stark Mountain in DPPt. It'll be nice and can bring in more fire, rock, ground, and maybe a few steel types in the game as well. It'll also be a better location to find Blaine again with his new fire type Pokémon with stronger levels and moves. I'd actually like this, but I presume it may be a little wishful thinking. Oh well, we can only speculate from here until we really get confirmation of Kanto and more details on it as well.

prime456

the hope for the future
    Years
  • what they should add event take place after d/p/pt like what happen to cyrus and the rest of team galactic and i heard groudon is hg and kyogre in ss and rayquaza in both games

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back