• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kanto - So Much Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I don't want a shrunken Kanto like what we got in the originals. Also, I think the Safari Zone should return, perhaps change it so we don't quite know where we're going for instance (for players who have played FR/LG). Plus, I agree that Cerulean Cave should appear, but since it collapsed, it should have a small interior where we find the Beserker Gene. Seafoam should be greatly expanded - just because Cinnibar is gone, doesn't mean the Seafoam Islands should be empty. Plus, I hear the Pokemon Lab was going to be there too, perhaps we could still have that too. This would be a great oppurtunity to get back everything that was cut from Gold and Silver because of time/space/technical limitations.

Years
  • This is probably one of the best ideas I've read so far. Its been a long time that I've wanted them to do this in a game, but hasn't been touched yet. Though, I wonder how they would keep us from bringing over our Johto team Pokémon...

I've got it! Maybe, Team Rocket steal your Johto Team when you make it to Kanto, and you're forced to start from your routes, beat Team Rocket, and get your team back? That means, starting over with a new Kanto Starter! :D

okay, i know that seemed n00bish, but it could work!

If not, they had better make Kanto bigger. It was like a midgit in the Pokemon World. A famous tourist spot no more :P

Years
  • 1. Kanto Elite 4
    2. Return of the Safari Zone
    3. Same Pokemon in R/B/G/Y
    4. More manga references other than just Green and Red

I'm sure I'll come up with more.

That would be awesome.

Yeah, I'd LOVE to see Kanto in there, but with a real Cinnabar island and whatnot.
    (Poor Blaine was living in a cave. D: )

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • what they should add event take place after d/p/pt like what happen to cyrus and the rest of team galactic and i heard groudon is hg and kyogre in ss and rayquaza in both games

Man.. it would be more balanced if each game got one water and one fire (groudon is ground, but it's the same effect...). Lugia/Groudon in SS and Ho-oh/Kyogre in HG.

I've got it! Maybe, Team Rocket steal your Johto Team when you make it to Kanto, and you're forced to start from your routes, beat Team Rocket, and get your team back? That means, starting over with a new Kanto Starter! :D
    P

That would be horrible if they stole your pokemon o-o! Maybe it could be like an expansion of the 1st Sevii islands wave in FRLG. You know how you weren't able to access the box due to the machine not working properly, and you had to go find Lostelle to give Bill time to work his magic.

So... after you beat Johto, Elm sends you off to Oak (who moved from Goldenrod to Pallet Town... somehow). Before you leave, Elm takes your pokemon away and upgrades your dex to national. He returns your pokemon to the PC, providing some sort of explanation as to why you can't bring them.

When you finally get to Oak he tells you about a big region project sort of similar to the PC project in FRLG. Once you get through the major plot of Kanto, and beat all the gym leaders, the project is finished. Then you can challenge a buffed up E-4 with your pokemon from both johto and kanto?

Idk It's kind of unorganized but what the hell, it's just random ideas that will never be considered @_@

icebitedragon

Hey there!
    Years
  • I don't really like the idea of losing your team. Its like starting over, which seems pretty pointless. However the idea of a second E4, maybe even with Red as the Champion, seems very interesting.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    Man.. it would be more balanced if each game got one water and one fire (groudon is ground, but it's the same effect...). Lugia/Groudon in SS and Ho-oh/Kyogre in HG.
    Actually, that's how it is. The guy you replied to apparently got his facts mixed up.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I do not think starting over would be the solution. I think you should be able to keep your old team and tack on more pokemon in Kanto and make your party how you wish. It would be cool though if you could obtain a starter in Kanto and have a plot line there. If that were to occur and the gym leaders were at a higher level plus the elite 4, that would make Kanto exciting again.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I once thought about the idea of starting a new adventure in the game with a Kanto starter would be cool. It'll seem like a 2 in one game, but as I thought about it and started reading up some more, my mind on the subject shifted. Like said, it'll be better and a lot more fun if you can customize your own team as you travel between regions. Not to mention the possibility of a bit more order and difficulty level being risen for Kanto Gyms and Elite would be a plus for the region.

Seeing as though we have the new Hoenn legendaries added into the game, an appearance of Cynthia, new locations, and a few events here and there I'm sure Kanto would gain some attention if it is still included. Though, I wouldn't want Johto to become overly cluddered with quests and plots as some of it can be shifted into Kanto as well. This way the game won't seem one sides with a full active region, being Johto, and another being half a graveyard being Kanto like before. I say evening out the playing field with Kanto and Johto would be a better option and make the game more worthwhile.

Dasseo

Pokemon Pimp
    Years
  • RBY Pokemon, including starters [of course] and more challenging gym leaders.
    Do want Safari Zone and was it silver that you could cross breed pokemon? That would be interesting too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    HEY I HAVEN'T HEARD ONE MENTION OF MEWTWO'S CERULEAN CAVE

FreakyLocz, you should have read my post, so I think you stand corrected:

I don't want a shrunken Kanto like what we got in the originals. Also, I think the Safari Zone should return, perhaps change it so we don't quite know where we're going for instance (for players who have played FR/LG). Plus, I agree that Cerulean Cave should appear, but since it collapsed, it should have a small interior where we find the Beserker Gene. Seafoam should be greatly expanded - just because Cinnibar is gone, doesn't mean the Seafoam Islands should be empty. Plus, I hear the Pokemon Lab was going to be there too, perhaps we could still have that too. This would be a great oppurtunity to get back everything that was cut from Gold and Silver because of time/space/technical limitations.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Ummm...I think that Kanto has been confirmed. I read in a post somewhere that you can see the route that leads to Kanto, along with MT. Silver on the Box art.

https://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6808/hgssscans1.jpg
    You can see the magnet train and the league is in Kanto so yes it will be in.

Like shown, the Kanto region is back. Like before, it holds the Pokémon league. So with this being said, we can only hope that they'll increase the difficulty level of the game to match that of Platinum's.

However, not much informaion is currently known on Kanto as to what plots my be implemented into the region [if any] and how it may turn out to be compared to that of the original.

Seeing as they've begun to show the Sugimoro art of the map, then hopefully they will expand it in the next scan. This way we may get to learn about more information for the Kanto and maybe some new changes they might have done to it.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • The biggest thing I'd like to see is more challenge. In the originals, Lance, Champion of the Pokemon League, Master of Dragons, and the Strongest Trainer on the Continent..... had no Pkmn above level 50. WTF? How is he that weak? Maybe it was intended to keep the Kanto people from being to uberly, but they weren't as tough as him anyway as I recall, so why not make the Johto region tougher, so that we don't have such a pathetic champ.

I also think there should be a way to Mt. Silver from Johto, since it's in Johto. Maybe you can only get there later in the game, that'd be fine, but there should be some mountain road or something.

Arle Kaa-kun

Wakasyamo DESU! X3
    Years
  • Well... a Battle Tower some place else after defeating the Elite Four and Red. We also need new Move Tutors for moves that were TMs in Generation II but not anymore. Also, more roaming Pokemon, a side quest identical to FireRed/LeafGreen for some more Pokemon, trading/Wi-Fi compatibility with D/P/Pt (I'm still saying it even if it's going to be confirmed) and Safari Zone finally opening at the end of the game.

Peccadillo

p h a n t o m
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2011
    Oh, Kanto is dreadful and deprived. There's hardly anything to do besides pushing around the gym leaders. Their Pokemons' levels were too low so it is not even a challenge.

In addition, I would like to see Lavender have its signature graveyard/tower back, the Silph Co. building having some importance, Mt. Moon to be more than a floor or so (even though the Clefairy dance is interesting), Viridian forest to not be so lame ugh, open the Safari zone, the SS Anne to have stronger passengers, the Power Plant to return, Mt Cinnabar not so... blown to smithereens, Cerulean Cave unlocked, etc. Basically, I would love old school Pokemon in this game, hehe.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • The good news is that recent information leaked about the game has strongly implied that Kanto will be updated considerably from the original GSC, and Cerulean Caves were mentioned as accessible as was Mewtwo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back