• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kanto - So Much Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
Years
  • The good news is that recent information leaked about the game has strongly implied that Kanto will be updated considerably from the original GSC, and Cerulean Caves were mentioned as accessible as was Mewtwo.

Can we cite our sources when we're delivering good news? Where did you find that info?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The good news is that recent information leaked about the game has strongly implied that Kanto will be updated considerably from the original GSC, and Cerulean Caves were mentioned as accessible as was Mewtwo.

Now, I do realize that with recent scans there will more than likely have a Kanto making its return to the remake. However, I don't think there has been anything said about the Cerulean Cave nor Mewtwo. Actually, there wasn't much information released on Kanto at all through these recent scans, except the possibility of traveling there again has hightened. I would like to know where you recieved this though.

Anyway, yes a more expanded Kanto is what the game needs. Something to keep the region alive with basic and more explicit plots and events for the game to continue its hype. Keeping it a solid, yet smaller version of the orignal Kanto wouldn't turn out to well again. So, more expansion, higher levels, and something more to do is what is really needed for Kanto.

I'd presume we may get something on Kanto next month, or at least there is a chance we may get something on it. We'll have to wait and see for now, as speculation on it continues.

d[-_-]b

HAH! You better have BURN HEAL
    Years
  • I feel now that this game has to have Mewtwo, it's the one legendary that just gets left out now-a-days.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    I think the inclusion of Mewtwo would be a good thing and maybe a sidequest in Kanto in order to be able to face him in cerulean cave and revamped sevii islands would be good

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Kanto is almost confirmed to be there.
    There's the railway and a kanto route in the map.

Now I don't think of having the Sevii Islands again in this games.
    They were just an add-on to the remakes, so the players could have more stuff to do (as Kanto was a easy task to complete), with all the features which got introduced in the later generations (as the breeding center on 4th island, which also exists on Kanto).

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think the inclusion of Mewtwo would be a good thing and maybe a sidequest in Kanto in order to be able to face him in cerulean cave and revamped sevii islands would be good

Mewtwo addition would definitely be a nice touch to add into Kanto again. For one, it'll give the players something extra to do besides having to challenge the gyms and later the Elite. Not to mention, they can actually try and twist a little side plot with Mewtwo in Kanto seeing as in the originals no special activities were relatively worked on.

As for the Sevii Islands, I am not exactly sure they will be implemented back again. We;ve already gotten a load of new features and some new locations in the game. Not to forget with Kanto coming back, and we've got to Johto that should be a handful of enough fun, or even more than we could expect.

Kanto is almost confirmed to be there.
    There's the railway and a kanto route in the map.

Now I don't think of having the Sevii Islands again in this games.
    They were just an add-on to the remakes, so the players could have more stuff to do (as Kanto was a easy task to complete), with all the features which got introduced in the later generations (as the breeding center on 4th island, which also exists on Kanto).

The thing is, with the Sevii Islands, that'll only include two day cares within the game. Two day cares will only make breeding easier and the challenge of it all will lessen. So, I wouldn't mind the Sevii Islands being excluded, but Kanto itself being rebuilt. Also, there wasn't technically a breeding center within Kanto except a care taker who would raise the levels of one Pokémon only. However, I see something nice coming for Kanto, especially knowing how much they've done for Johto already.

Wow, you're behind. Kanto was confirmed yesterday.

Some people are now getting to know this information about Kanto being in once more and the other extra details. So, I wouldn't say they are quite behind as it is still relatively new information and others don't even know about it as yet.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • To tell the truth I would like to have more from Kanto but not let it overshadow Johto. These are Gold and Silver remakes which the focus should be more on Johto then Kanto. A bit more plot would be nice but I don't think we should expect Kanto to be better then Johto.

I guess I would like some tougher trainers in Kanto and pokemon.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I personally could care less if the Sevi Islands were included. There wasn't really much to do on them, just more trainers and pokemon(my opinion).

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Some people are now getting to know this information about Kanto being in once more and the other extra details. So, I wouldn't say they are quite behind as it is still relatively new information and others don't even know about it as yet.
    Oh, okay. I thought it would spread like wildfire in a dry field, that dry field being Pokécommunity. I was on Bulbapedia refreshing the page over and over yesterday. Lol, I'm obsessed.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    You're not alone Lilbittygoat ^_^ I've done the same thing XD

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I personally could care less if the Sevi Islands were included. There wasn't really much to do on them, just more trainers and pokemon(my opinion).
    I couldn't agree more. The Sevii Islands really could not have been as good as they expected them to be. Because Game Freak's expectations simply aren't that low.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    And anyways, do you really think that they would be included? There are TWO regions! Plus mounds of new features and new areas! That has to take up A LOT of space... so if I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up....

*And by this I don't want to sound like a total meanie or an extremely negative person*

soramararu

Warrior of the Sky
    Years
  • I hope Kanto has the Sevii Islands. I mean, Fire red and Leaf green introduced them, and since there are the Whirl Islands in Johto, wouldn't it be nice to see a 3d Sevii Islands?

KotovSyndrome_

Consumer of many asparagus.
    Years
  • I think the Sevi Islands would be awesome in the game, but i also wouldnt be too disappointed if they arent in there.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • What I want from Kanto is for there to be some kind of side quest for the Silver/Rainbow wing (depending on version) rather than talking to some random old guy in Pewter City and having him just give it to you because I guess he trusts you. He should make you prove your worth or something, maybe go fight somebody that you have to find somewhere, something more involved than, "Hi, you look like a good trainer, here's and item that will let you catch a strong legendary Pokemon."

Last edited:

JesseRocket

Rookie Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Kanto's confirmed then? Awesome, but for me it was never in doubt :P I really want to see how the region is going to look with the new 3D graphics.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    What I want from Kanto is for there to be some kind of side quest for the Silver/Rainbow wing (depending on version) rather than talking to some random old guy in Pewter City and having him just give it to you because I guess he trusts you. He should make you prove your worth or something, maybe go fight somebody that you have to find somewhere, something more involved than, "Hi, you look like a good trainer, here's and item that will let you catch a strong legendart Pokemon."

I agree with you on this. The people placed in the games are sometimes a bit too nice. If they can be more realistic in a way and actually have the player prove their worth of something valuable, then it would be more applauding. Plus, Kanto was basically empty and small in the original games. They tried to do things with it, such as the Clefairy on Mt. Moon, but with the extra space and time, I would expect something done to Kanto to make it more intriguing. I'd definitely like the addition of side quests, and is possible a new plot to go along with the region.

Kanto's confirmed then? Awesome, but for me it was never in doubt :P I really want to see how the region is going to look with the new 3D graphics.

Yes, at first with the map, people were starting to look east and saw some noteable facts about it. Then, Route 22 was pointed out and later on that day we got news that Kanto was confirmed. The only question is, what will Kanto hold for us in these remakes compared to the originals.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back