• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kanto Strategy Guide

Manga

Manga Lover~
    Years
    There's a SECOND one?

Uhm,Wow..

They make anything to get money..

They should have just included the section in the HG/SS guide.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    to be honest, i find the quality appauling.
    i love the fact it has everything you need to know,
    but there are mistakes in their that make you think;
    'wow, nintendo, you mustn't like pkmn at all'
    especially in the D/P one, the best pkmn for each type,
    it has a roserade with gengars input,
    it had me in suspense :( .
    and the badges being mixed around, etc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    OK, the first guide was released on the same day as the game which is fair enough. Kanto however was released 7 weeks after game release in America. For some reason in the UK the Kanto Guide is not out until the end of May over 9 weeks after the game. Dates courtesy of Amazon.

Please read the following with a considerable amount of sarcasm as I am not intentionally being insulting... unlike presumably the publishers!

If the Americans are eseless enough to not need the second part guide for 7 weeks (does it really take that long to reach Kanto?). We in the UK must be really dumb not to need the guide for 9 weeks.

Back to normal...

I wonder who the "comedian" was (either side of "the pond") who decided we didn't need the second part for so long?

I would have bought part two from Amazon US but decided to save a bit of money (I'd have probably had the guide now if I had done so). |t is too late now so I just patiently await the UK release...

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    dont hate on gamefreak cause they exceded the page limit, if you really need a game guide thats YOUR problem, ( cause pokemon games aren't exactly puzzle games...except for maybe trozei )
    Seriously am i going to have to call the wahbulance over here?

oh yeah the fact that gamefreak even releases pokemon events shows that they care.

Last edited:

lucy_goosey

10 years and counting...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    I most definitely will, if only to complete my SS/HG collection. I found Vol. 1 rather helpful. I'll have to look up the Australian release date...

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I'll probably buy the Kanto guide for the Pokedex. I should have bought that instead of my $20 Leafgreen I got the other day.

Years
    Yeah, I ordered mine off Amazon a couple of days ago. But I've noticed that on different websites theres different release dates. Some say it was released on 30/5/10, others say it was 4/6/10 and on ASDA it says its released on 8/6/10.
    It seems pretty good though as its apparently got a battling guide and a completion guide as well.

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
    I'll get it as it's always good to have the pokedex information in book form. Comes out the end of this week in the UK but I'll probably wait until I've beaten the game first (only got it a few days ago).

Years
    Yeah, I'm still stuck at the last member of the Elite Four! Plus I've had it since it came out, so I aim to beat the Elite Four by the time the book comes out, so I can start with the book. Knowing me though I'll still be stuck at the Champion.
    I always think having a guide in book form is better as well as you can just flick through it, while if you use the internet it's harder to use as its all in black and white with no maps or anything.
    So I'm looking forward to getting mine on Friday/Saturday depending on when the delivery comes. I just hope that the release date won't be changed again.

Years
    I might get it.. I got the first guide thinking that it'd be for both regions but then discovered that it was just for Johto :tired:

So now I have that guide I want the other to go with it plus it would be helpful.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    Sorry, but the Kanto Guide owns. Really. The main features are the Kanto walkthrough and the National Pokedex, with locations for all of the Gen IV games, level-up movesets, tutor movesets, BP movesets, TM/HM movesets, Egg movesets, base stats, and of course, evolutions. But the guide also has EV training guides, backwards and forwards lookups for pokemon via moves, types, etc. It also has a list of combos, and... ok I'll stop now. Basically, it's the Gen IV pokebible, replacing even the Platinum guide in its usefulness. Skip the Johto guide and get this one.
    Haha so it's bulbapedia? The guide sounds good but nothing you can't find all over the internet in this day and age.

Future Arceus

I hate my name
    Years
    it's expensive/imma poor. there's bulbpedia, serebii, 100s of pokemon websites for a reason!!!
    if you're good u can find everything/anything u need on the net!

Back