• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kecleon... CLONES?!?!

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Some of you may already know this, but stealing from Kecleon in a dungeon means you have to fight more than one Kecleon in PMD 2. I have discovered that there is more than one Kecleon to fight... how do I know? I accidently took a reviver seed when I found out I couldn't pay. I celeveryly used a Warp Orb. Hopi9ng dumb luck would save me, but as I entered another room, he reached me, Then I waled away to the other room, and then another Kecleon entered! There were two identical green Kecleons. Obviously I died. When I was revived my items werre halved, as usual, but I look in my inventory, and all my remaining items that I took in the dungeons that hadn't been lost... they were plain seeds!

Discuss hte Kecleon and his clones.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • They aren't clones they are his brothers. I read the description in the tips in my mystery dungeon darkness.

They are just greedy and charge you. You CAN get them on your team.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • This also happens in the first two PMD.

It's just goes to show that you should always pay for you want.

If you do beat them, then there's a chance that one might join you, but you pretty much need a team of high level Pokémon to beat them, mostly fighting types.

I know. It's a horrible experience, getting mugged by shop owners, but I hope you learn from your mistakes. :3

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    i just take everything and use a escape orb hahaha......im such a cheater jk. but yes they are annoying. i tried stealing a reviver seed too but they just kept following me so i died

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    In PM2 they are a such a pain to kill. But money isnt too hard to get anyway so stealing really isnt worth it

Red Lily

Squadallah! We're off!
    Years
  • sure, i have plenty of money to just BUY their stuff....but thats no fun, is it???

ohoho, those pure seeds and trawl orbs save my life when i get the urge to steal from the kecleon brothers~

Kyle Hyde

The one who comes and goes
    Years
  • In the 1st Rescue team, I stole from them once by accident (ran away without paying) and they suddenly came out of nowhere and I died. Afterward, I have never stolen from them. I never even tried to get them to join my team... :\ (it would have been FUNNY if the other Kecleon that appeared in the dungeon were of many different colors)

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I hate it when I accidentally steal it. >.< When I never meant to. D= I heard their stats are maxed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    lol i did that once by mistake and i was like oh snap and then started to chase after me.i almost got away with it but got killed just a few steps b4 the stairs.oh wells but sometimes they have nothing good to buy if you dont need things

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I got away once with everything i had 2 pokes on my team my Chrmander poliwag and me turtwig i picked everything up and the steps were there i took everything got one step away took about 3 hits to kill poliwag so by the time he did two hits we were gone and i healed poliway with one of the oran berrys in my bag

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • In PMD1 It's easy because I am a Lv100 Swampert and I have one on my team I just use Earthquake and kill them all lol.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I am able to easily escape those guys without trying and I am a lv 80 Blaziken. I steal from them and run off. Once you recruit those guys, they're only level 5, which I find really odd.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    I was also shocked to see all my items that hadn't been taken by kecleon to be plain seeds as well.

Azlef

Wha- we're on air?!?!
    Years
  • I stole once from Kelecon...he used Shadow Sneak and that was the end of me. It was an accident-I used a Trawl Orb! We were in the car and my brother suddenly yells."Ahhh shoot!" We all turned around and he said"Stole from the Kelecon Brothers. Sorry." Never knew you could recruit them! I love the idea of using the orb + Pure Seeds to steal!

Last edited:

Translator

I want a blog.
    Years
  • I accidentally stole an item from his shop, but I was so lucky that I found the stairs immediately. :)

BTW, please click the eggs in my signature. Thanks.!

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • In md1 I stole from them used the scarf that lets you walk through walls and got away! The second time I tried that I didn't have the scarf so I beat the original Kelecon and walked into the next room and it was a monster house of Kelecons. lol the funniest part was that there was one behind me and it jumpt the second the words monster house appeared on the screen.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    By the way, for those hoping to recruit Kecleon, it's not easy. I believe that at least in the original Mystery Dungeon, you need a level 90+ leader and a Friend Bow to even have a chance to recruit it. And that chance is? 0.1%.

Back