• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Keeping unevolved Pokemon

smithtism

Blank
Years
  • I won't evolve my Wartortle into Blastoise. Sure Blastoise has more powerful, but Wartortle can hold its own in battle, too. Plus it's also more agile and has more spirit than some bulky cannon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm not patient enough to not evolve my pokémon :3 Sure, they don't learn attacks as quickly when they've evolved, but you can always teach them TMs and stuff, and they get so much stronger. I usually evolve everything as much as I can.

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    I kept a shiny Eevee unevolved for my entire run of Soul Silver. No way would I ever let that thing become hideously ugly for the sake of gameplay.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I would never evolve a Rhyhorn into a Rhyperior just because of how hideous it is. Plus, I'm still angry with the HUGE tier drop that Rhyhorn got just because it got a evolution. >:(

koji8123

PKMN Collector
    Years
  • I don't evolve Mew into Mewtwo. (joke)

seriously the only reason the the majority of you aren't letting your pokemon evolve is cause you think the earlier has better appearances. I'm serious. wtf. Same with shinnies. Some of you are too obsessed with looks. I mean I'll totally take your legedaries for a marril or pikachu if you want to hand over your power-pokes.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Normally, I evolve my Pokemon so they'd get stronger. If I had the choice of not evolving a Pokemon, then I'd choose Mudkip. Who doesn't like them?

Years
  • Now with Eviolite, keeping unevolved pokemons its really a plus.

I've made some experiences myself with some pokemons like Gloom and Grimer, and it really works out :D

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I don't evolve Mew into Mewtwo. (joke)

seriously the only reason the the majority of you aren't letting your pokemon evolve is cause you think the earlier has better appearances. I'm serious. wtf. Same with shinnies. Some of you are too obsessed with looks. I mean I'll totally take your legedaries for a marril or pikachu if you want to hand over your power-pokes.

lol... (at the bolded part)

but seriously, I agree with most of this. Looking good is one thing, but why do people hesitate or refuse to evolve pokemon that they are going to use for battling? That's what confuses me. If you REALLY don't like the evolution, find another pokemon similar to it.

On the other hand, I like shinies not just because of their looks, but they are super rare also. Kind of a show-off factor ;)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I sometimes would refuse to evolve my Pupitar and Draginair every now and then just because I had enough Tyranitars and Dragonites, plus I just wanted to keep them and see how they were in battle.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • Ok then here goes:

Kanto: I have never played Kanto
    Johto: Weedle(cause i love weedle even when my brother(Xilfer) battles a weedle i vote for the weedle.... what i cant help it!
    Hoen: Kirlia although sometimes i evolve it and Mudkip(cause is cuter than evos)maby there is more but i dont think so.
    Sinnoh: Piplup(cause evo is too proud, lol).

well i think thats it, i might repost if theres more so for now thats all.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I do this sometimes. Scyther is a definite example of this; I can't stand Scizor and I think that for in-game use, Scyther is actually better too. As for other Pokémon, I just like Haunter and Oshawott better.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • When I got Pokémon Yellow almost 12 years ago, I had a female Pikachu and male Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur (like everyone else) and I didn't evolve any of them. Because of it, I still can't bring myself to evolve them. I have their evolve forms but I find that I use those less often since I've become attached to my original four. :/

In my newer games, I've evolved all of my Pokémon to their final stages other than Marshtomp and Dewott.

Years
  • I evolve everything. I don't really find the need to keep pokemon unevolved, even if their unevolved form tends to be cuter. I mean, it just sounds so stubborn to keep your pokemon which you use for battling at lower stage just because it looks cuter. :/
    however, I do admit, there are some pokemon where their unevolved forms do look better, e.g. ekans, nosepass, snubbull.

Back