• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Kekkai Sensen [LAST EPISODE AIR DATE OCTOBER 3]

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
  • This is one of the ones I'm looking forward to a little more than the rest this season :3c

Kekkai Sensen [LAST EPISODE AIR DATE OCTOBER 3]

A breach between Earth and the netherworlds has opened up over the city of New York, trapping New Yorkers and creatures from other dimensions in an impenetrable bubble. They've lived together for years, in a world of crazy crime sci-fi sensibilities. Now someone is threatening to sever the bubble, and a group of stylish superhumans is working to keep it from happening.

First episode's in about a day and a half! The theme song will be done by Bump of Chicken, which I'm personally pumped about.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Man I totally missed watching this when I was looking through the PVs for all the Spring anime! Just from it, it looks pretty interesting so this is definitely going on my list for this season!
    Maybe this will be my Death Parade on the spring season - not knowing anything and just enjoying it by jumping in!

1 day and 11 hours to go! Since it'll be showing here on Easter, may not get to it till Monday though.

Years
  • Everyone is raving over OreGairu, Gintama, High School DxD and Fate/stay that I haven't heard anything about this.

From the PV it looks freaking awesome. The story seems interesting and it's animated by Bones. That is a plus. Will give it a watch for sure.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I'm the only one who noticed this?? Damn, you kids and your harem, vampire and slice of life anime smdh.

Good though, a lot of us will be watching this one! :D

Years
  • I'm the only one who noticed this?? Damn, you kids and your harem, vampire and slice of life anime smdh.

Good though, a lot of us will be watching this one! :D

I'm not too into the fan-service or harem series, so I'm definitely picking this one up c: Been eying this one in particular since the preview came out.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I really like the animation and it reminds me of Baccano! especially with the urban fantasy setting and the overtones of chaos, the supernatural, and death.

Episode 1:
    Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Chain looks hot. :D

I'm getting Baccano! vibes from this one, tbh. Just with weird beings and cooler animations (that one scene with Zap using his sword on that beast was CRAZY good). I don't really get the whole picture though, to be completely frank. But that's another thing this has in common with baccano lol. Maybe everything will become clear over time.

Right now I'm just super impressed with the animations and the original setting. Character designs are pretty rad too. Looking forward to more!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • a group of stylish superhumans

Wait what? Out of all things the synopsis talks about stylish superhumans. No, wait... stylish?

You guys seem to be hyped on this show. I guess I'll check it out on Friday. No good internet here and I have to focus on my midterms right now. :v

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Dude, the synopsis isn't wrong at all haha

No, seriously. They are stylish. If I had to give it a score, though, I'd give it a 7/10. First impressions, although positive, don't really point towards a situation where the show blew me away or anything. Like I said, the fresh setting and amazing animations did appeal to me but it sort of lacked impact as an opening episode. :p But then again, that'll probably be taken care of in the future episodes. Here's to hope Bones are onto something good with this series.

Stylish probably is the most apt word for this opening episode, actually. Not just a word apt to refer to the superhuman inhabitants of Jerusalem :v also did I mention chain was hot?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Am I the only one that thinks Klaus' voice just sounds so silly for him? It's so soft, considering his appearance >w>

I agree, it's not too spectacular, but I can't help but be drawn to it. The animation is mostly nice, I like the characters, etc. Somehow it's refreshing to see a nice Shounenshit anime, after all the feels of Winter season. It's also nice hearing Bump of Chicken again <3

Also, "Dammit! He's normal!" Ahaha.

We'll see what happens owo

Last edited:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

WOW, JUST WOW.

I knew Bones would do it, but I got caught in the middle of the storm.
    One of the Top 5 this season.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • #2:

Spoiler:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Okay, I'm sold. This episode was pretty freaking cool.

#2:

Spoiler:
    Leo is the cutest, ahhh.
    I'll join you in that LeoxZapp OTP. Lookit 'dem.
    Kekkai Sensen [LAST EPISODE AIR DATE OCTOBER 3]

Spoiler:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • This feels like a cross between an urban fantasy like DURRRR and Gintama.

Pretty cool start.

laptrap approved.

Also, yeah that's really what I was thinking while watching the first episode. I can't wait to watch the next episode on Friday. Damnit internet. :<

Back