• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The thing is that all the event legendaries look a bit like toys.
    Keldeo - My Little Pony
    Genesect - Toy Robot
    Meloetta - Bratz Doll

Bratz Doll? Really? Have you SEEN a Bratz Doll? Just because it looks like a girl doesn't mean it's a Bratz Doll. It doesn't have the characteristic huge curves, makeup-covered face, stylish clothes, huge lips. Literally all it has in common with them is that it wears a dress and it has big eyes.

I love Meloetta's design personally, I think it's adorable. I wouldn't use it ingame just because I don't use legendaries, but I really like how it looks.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I think Keldeo looks ridiculous. Am I the only person who thinks it looks like the resident MLP Pokemon? That was the first thing I thought of when I saw it, and I just can't get past it.

Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect
    Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect

Anyone?

I SERIOUSLY LOVE YOU FOR DOING THAT. RARITY SO IS AWESOME <3

Ahem.

I like the design for all of them, I like Meloetta's Pirouette Forme more than her Aria, though. I've never hacked in any of them. \; Because I didn't think of it wasn't that desperate to see them. I have used them on Pokemon Online.

I can't wait for them to be released; not so I can troll the Elite 4 with them. I just want them to become usable competitively. ;o;

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Keldeo looks dumb. Looks nothing like their trio counterparts.

Meloetta looks average.

Genesect is cool, though I honestly don't see anything "legendary" about it yet. Maybe it has other background stories that are not released so far. (or I am missing something)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I like all three of their designs. Meloetta and Genesect are great in battle. Haven't used Keldeo yet, but I'm sure it'll be good. And yes, I have them hacked from a GTS glitch, for Pokedex/challenge purposes. I would never use them in battle against a human player since I feel that that would be unfair. I'm actually against hacking anyway, so lol.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Ummm...They don't look much cool and mighty. Not that they have bad design, but its just not the best I've seen :/

Yeah, their power can be strong, but I wished for more Mighty, Powerful, Aggressive, and Sinister Legendaries. Most Likely as the Sinnoh Legendaries. Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, Darkrai, Giratina. They have amazing design.

Keldeo and Meleotta Designs are meant to be Ironic.

Genesect is the Unova Version of Mewtwo, they both share similar Background story.
    But, of course, I am waiting desperately for their release since it might cause an expansion in the gameplay.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I don't care much for Keldeo or Meloettea but Genesect does happen to be one of my favorite "new" pokemon. I hacked a Genesect with the GTS exploit and I do use it regularly in-game but not on Wifi. As for the official releases, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a good while from now, perhaps to coincide with a new movie or game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2011
    I like Keldeo because it's so cute and I like the story of how it wants to have the sacred sword? move. Meloettea....sort of meh it doesn't really remind me of a pokemon and Genescect is kinda cool. Not particularly looking forward to their releases but I'll probs try and get them anyway

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Bratz Doll? Really? Have you SEEN a Bratz Doll? Just because it looks like a girl doesn't mean it's a Bratz Doll. It doesn't have the characteristic huge curves, makeup-covered face, stylish clothes, huge lips. Literally all it has in common with them is that it wears a dress and it has big eyes.

I love Meloetta's design personally, I think it's adorable. I wouldn't use it ingame just because I don't use legendaries, but I really like how it looks.

I know its not exactly a bratz doll but i couldnt think of anything else and I have seen a picture showing this before will try and find it.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
    Years
  • I really like Keldeo and Meloeta, but Genesect is kinda awful. I'm really looking forward to the events so I can finish my pokédex.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Genesect Is tottaly my fav he follows the mewtwo, Deoxys, Darkria, and Lucario line of complete badassness though he seems a bit smiley.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I think out of the three, I like Genesect the best, but they all don't really appeal to me that much. Keldeo looks ridiculous imo, and Meloetta just doesn't really look like a Pokémon anymore. And it's not really a humanoid either, that's not the point, because I find Jynx absolutely amazing and she's a humanoid. It's just that Meloetta doesn't really have any Pokémon features. Maybe my opinion on them will change when they are released, so I am looking forward to that though.

I just have to get used to all these new designs :/

Years
  • Eh none of them really do anything for me. They don't seem to have the aura of legendary that most of the other pokemon do. Genesect is the only one who has any kind of legendary vibe and its only a smidgen of it.

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    I think keldeo is rather cute, not too keen on the other ones though.

Years
  • Well for me the only one that looks like a legendary is Keldeo, and it should be pretty strong with it's special attack Secret Sword, and Genesect even if it doesn't look like legendary (like Arceus or Darkrai) it seems to be really powerful but it has a weakness in it's type Bug/Steel.

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    I really do't like any of them. Genosect seems to be a mix of Arcues (items changing its type) and Mewtwo (An pokemon made by experiments/upgrades.) His typing will be fun to use and play with though.

I agree with Shining Riachu, Keldeo looks rediculus, as he seems like a horse straight out of "My little pony". It even has glitter in its tail! He doesn't look very well desined either. He has American colors just like Braviary and looks like it could be a land forme of his.

Meleotta looks like a stick figure with a black dress and different hairstyles depending on what forme shes in.

Honestly, these are my least favorite events of a Generation by far. I was hoping they would contine the Small Powerful Fairy Events (Mew, Celebi Jirachi, Shaymin) and hope that if they make a 6th egneration they'll make Events that seem like amazing pokemon or just go back to having 1 event per generation.

Back