• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kickstarters

pkmin3033

Have you ever backed a game via Kickstarter before? Did the game live up to your expectations, or was it a waste of money? Generally, how do you feel about Kickstarter as a platform - is it a good way for aspiring developers to get their games off the ground, or too prone to being abused?

Years
    Satellite Reign:

Twas a kick starter game I backed. Sad news is, they never got the funding to perform the project. Good news of it, they went ahead and produced the game with what funding they had and met all requested goals/services the game would provide, online Co-Op, live-action RTS with X-Com-style mechanics. ETC.

I typically frown on Kickstarter games, but the team developing this title has balls of.... I would say steel, but balls of diamonds is more like it for what they've done.

Years
    I never did! sadly the few I've seen don't seem to have done too well apparently, like Mighty No. 9 iirc? among others. I haven't seen many kickstarters for games in general though. Would be willing if there was a game I was really interested in, but so far none I've spotted online made me scream 'omg, I want to back this!' :( Don't mind kickstarter as a platform if you have a well established idea/summary of your project that can pull people in, but generally I prefer purchasing only when a game is actually out and I can see online whether the purchase is worth it.

Back