• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kids making me feel old :(

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Most of the people I know who have played or watched Pokemon at least know who Pikachu is. I think most people do, it's the most popular.
    About a year ago I volunteered at my church's fish fry and I happen to notice a kid playing Pokemon Black on his DSi XL. His name was Kenny and he was at least 5 years old and we spent a good amount of time talking about the game. He offered to help me with the game several times cause he already beat it and I didn't complete White yet though I had to explain to several times that I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue and I knew what I was doing. He also offered to trade with me, but I had to turn him down since I did have my DS with at the time.
    We talked mainly about Black and White, so I'm not sure if he know anything about gen 1, but I think he know of FireRed/LeafGreen so he could knew about some Gen 3 and 4 stuff. Still, it was nice to be able to somehow relate to the children of this generation.
    I don't get alot of crap about being 20 and still liking Pokemon, alot of my friends think it's cool that I still play, though most of them know nothing past gen 2 and 3. My brothers are the same. They both stopped playing after gen 3, and the gen 4 games they played were SoulSilver because of the nostalgic value it has. But they do know most of the gen 4 Pokemon and I'm constantly teaching them about gen 5 stuff, but they really could care less. Though I try to keep them up to date on new games and stuff.

Back