• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kids these days...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    It's upsetting some of the things you guys are backing... :/

Anyway:
    @Yusshin: Amen
    @Joleen: You're annoying :P
    @Gillermo and pefectmonster: He wasn't talking to you! He was talking to us who are condemning the Generation and are in it ourselves.
    @Yusshin: You HAD to bring that up *nightmare*
    @Lightning: Why didn't you stop the not allowed talk, you're an administrator for crying out loud T__T
    @Chibi-Chan: THANK YOU!!!

Okay, the Generation is bad and all. Kids can taste alcohol but *glug* *glugging* it is wrong. They shouldn't be adulty and should have a little more respect. This country made me less respectful :P But by the looks of things, us "god" ones seem that we will raise our kids well. Seems the world ain't doomed afterall. I'd say more but I'm running too late for school, so maybe when I get back. This thread was my reading for last night :D

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    It's upsetting some of the things you guys are backing... :/

Anyway:
    @Yusshin: Amen
    @Joleen: You're annoying :P
    @Gillermo and pefectmonster: He wasn't talking to you! He was talking to us who are condemning the Generation and are in it ourselves.
    @Yusshin: You HAD to bring that up *nightmare*
    @Lightning: Why didn't you stop the not allowed talk, you're an administrator for crying out loud T__T
    @Chibi-Chan: THANK YOU!!!

Okay, the Generation is bad and all. Kids can taste alcohol but *glug* *glugging* it is wrong. They shouldn't be adulty and should have a little more respect. This country made me less respectful :P But by the looks of things, us "god" ones seem that we will raise our kids well. Seems the world ain't doomed afterall. I'd say more but I'm running too late for school, so maybe when I get back. This thread was my reading for last night :D
    One, you spelt my name wrong. Two, I don't care who he was directing it at. He said it, and it offended me. Three, don't act like you know what everyone else is feeling.

In turn, about the whole disrespect idea, you're making it seem like adults are not disrespectul, which is where you're very wrong.

Last edited:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Kids are just doing what kids do, and that's embracing whatever freedom they have now. Just wait, the whole lot of them will be old and so full of responsibilities that they will be complaining about every little thing that doesn't even affect them anyway.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
    All teens WILL drink alchohol and friends.

Not true, I don't drink. :/

I want to comment on Yusshin's post, but I think it would be too inappropriate, so I won't.

Anyway, some kids these days are annoying. There are annoying kids in every generation. Really, I blame the parents more than the kid themselves if they're 'bad'.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    One, you spelt my name wrong. Two, I don't care who he was directing it at. He said it, and it offended me. Three, don't act like you know what everyone else is feeling.

In turn, about the whole disrespect idea, you're making it seem like adults are not disrespectul, which is where you're very wrong.

I see what he means >__> *prepares for another condemning* Just stop taking things too personally.

Anyway, I was surprised to day, as a girl in my class (tattoo, somewhat drinks? smokes (I actually forgot about her tattoo xD) tongue pierce, that all... and is 14, well was 14 in April, had all this before, at 13 :/) actually understood our Spanish work more than me! :o I guess it shows that we will grow up, and not all act like some do. It showed that she wanted to take some responsibility, she does this a lot. So maybe she's a bad example :P Too be honest, kids in my year aren't too bad. They just need be way less vulgar :(

Last edited:

SIN1488

Years
    I want to comment on Yusshin's post, but I think it would be too inappropriate, so I won't.

You mean this one?

Meanwhile, I read up some disturbing things. There are some kids who start masturbating at the age of eight. You don't learn about sex-ed until you're ten, and most parents don't even discuss it until at least ten. I just feel that there's something wrong with a kid, girl and boy, masturbating at eight years of age. I don't think that happened a few decades ago.

That just shows how awkward and weird the world has changed. Really. Eight? Jeez! Some kids even start dry humping each other at four, saying "It feels good." Seriously, wtf?

I guess I'll take a crack at it then..... Kids start much earlier than that, there has been studies where fetuses actually do this in the womb. And it's always been a common thing, but people didn't spread information as quickly as before, so it seems like it's happening more often when really you are just hearing about it more often.

I would like to explain how they discover these things before they've ever been exposed to anything like that, but it would probably violate the rules. I guess I'll simplify it and slap it between some age limit tags. K: [AGELIMIT]16+
    Spoiler:
    [/AGELIMIT]

I could probably debate about these things for hours, but it just feels so uncomfortable doing so on PC, like I'm pissing on holy grounds or something. :nervous:

Years
    Pal, asking why I'm getting defensive is a stupid question. You just attacked younger aged kids, like myself. You're allowed your opinion, but if it's attacking others then you have no right to speak it. Even if it was a rhetorical question, you meant what you mean.

1. Im not your pal.
    2. If it makes you feel better, I dont think anyone is good enough themselves to have any right to social commentary and trying to tell people that something is wrong. Whether they be 15 or 50.
    3. Apparently you're just as bad as me, telling me what my rights are? I dont care whether it feels like an attack on you or not, I still have the right to my opinion.
    I wasnt talking specifically to you, dont take things so personally and over-react. It just makes you look petty and childish.

Some of the best people Ive known over the years have been covered in piercings and tattoos, and swear like a trooper. They shouldnt be condemned for what they do or the activities they do. Thats nothing but intolerance at its highest level.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    This generation is too sinful. And according to the Good Book, it's gonna get worse.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    even though i'm still a young teen myself, i'd like to add...

It all just comes back to parenting in the end. Parenting and bad influences from other people / media / magazines that affect parenting.

yes, i agree with this.
    another factor is the kind of place you live in, whether it's a city or a more suburban area

also, the kids you hang out around, especially starting at a young age
    little kids learn things off of other people, and sometimes they end up learning bad things
    this is inevitable at times though, but i feel like an example is unnecessary atm and will just take up space

A kid doesn't develop the "wanting to discover their body" thing until at least ten; if they know about it earlier on, they saw something bad on television or something. Psychologically, kids shouldn't become aware of sex or sexual things before puberty even starts (generally, puberty starts between ten and thirteen). If they're taught beforehand and they start acting out like that, then that's abnormal. Kids shouldn't be thinking about sex and self-pleasure when they're eight. There's something wrong there.

just something i thought i'd add..
    (i heard this from my science teacher, don't blame me if it's inaccurate D': )
    well, kids are starting to mature and reach puberty earlier and earlier over time because of stuff like hormones in water, but that's a whole different topic

Okay, the Generation is bad and all. Kids can taste alcohol but *glug* *glugging* it is wrong. They shouldn't be adulty and should have a little more respect.

i agree. and maybe if kids get a little taste they'll think it tastes bad and avoid it? xD
    but yeah, toasting for special occasions in countries where it's legal is different too

also, @ spoiling children with cellphones, etc...
    i think it's not too bad to let like a preteen get a cellphone as long as it's not too valuable or excessive
    for example, i got a cellphone when i was like 11 or something, but i asked for the cheapest one that i found that still looked decent, which was $0
    and i didnt want any extra features or anything, as long as i could make calls

tl;dr
    a kid's behavior is greatly affected by his/her environment starting at a young age
    and..
    some certain things are okay for children as long as they're limited

SIN1488

Years

just something i thought i'd add..
    (i heard this from my science teacher, don't blame me if it's inaccurate D': )
    well, kids are starting to mature and reach puberty earlier and earlier over time because of stuff like hormones in water, but that's a whole different topic

From what I know this is not inaccurate, but I never heard of it being in water. The other sources are actually kids toys that have a chemical very similar to the hormone that basically causes puberty, and it might be close enough to trigger puberty when exposed to it. More study needed..... and that's the same with another source, this ones a bit weird though. Supposedly cows are getting treated with something to make them produce more milk, or something like that, and it also causes them to produce extra hormones. These cow hormones might be similar enough to the human hormones that the body treats them like they are the same. This may cause early puberty to happen in females, and supposedly it may be the cause of the increase in homosexuals.

Lol, I didn't make up this study and it sounds like Tauros poo to me, but the idea that the body can treat a similar hormone like one of it's own sounds accurate.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Some of the best people Ive known over the years have been covered in piercings and tattoos, and swear like a trooper. They shouldnt be condemned for what they do or the activities they do. Thats nothing but intolerance at its highest level.

You obviously forgot the part where I said she was 13. If I am so intolerant then I wouldn't even go near her but as I said, she's a sweet soul and a somewhat close friend of mine. Also if a person steals or kills- wouldn't you condemn? Or what ''activities" do you speak of? The hypocracy here, including mine, is so apparent.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    1. Im not your pal.
    2. If it makes you feel better, I dont think anyone is good enough themselves to have any right to social commentary and trying to tell people that something is wrong. Whether they be 15 or 50.
    3. Apparently you're just as bad as me, telling me what my rights are? I dont care whether it feels like an attack on you or not, I still have the right to my opinion.
    I wasnt talking specifically to you, dont take things so personally and over-react. It just makes you look petty and childish.

1. I didn't mean you were, really.
    2. If someone annoys someone else, you're saying they don't have the right to try and stop that person?
    3. Again, do not care if you were specifically talking to me, the kid across the street, or a kid on Jupiter. You still said it, and I didn't like it. And like I said, yet again, I know you're entitled to your opinion, but so am I, and your opinion offended me, so I'm giving you my opinion and telling you to watch your opinions. :D Don't call me childish or petty, because I'm none of those things. If I wish to take something personally, by god I will.

And by the way, do you know what an apostrophe is?

Years
    You obviously forgot the part where I said she was 13. If I am so intolerant then I wouldn't even go near her but as I said, she's a sweet soul and a somewhat close friend of mine. Also if a person steals or kills- wouldn't you condemn? Or what ''activities" do you speak of? The hypocracy here, including mine, is so apparent.

I didnt even really read it no, the people I was talking about are people the same age as me, but I grew up with, that have been the way they are since 13 or 14.
    I dont actually condemn people regardless of what they have done. Who am I to judge, just like who am I to go on with social commentary about how the world is going to hell, one generation at a time. The things they do could have serious underlying reasons, that nobody is aware of. It could be anything. You (and Ill clarify for some, I dont mean you personally) dont know, so who are you judge on the result.
    By activities I mean smoking, drugs, drinking, sex at a young age, fighting etc etc.
    Life experience makes you who you are, to condemn all the above mentioned things is severely limiting your life experience, how can you judge something you havent experienced? Like the old saying goes, dont knock it til you've tried it.

I love how kids are tough on the internet, being little keyboard warriors from the comfort of their own home. Not to mention easily stirred up.
    Just by what Ive read in some of these threads, the vast majority wouldnt have lasted my childhood.
    Again, only my opinion. Flame away juniorburgers.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I love how kids are tough on the internet, being little keyboard warriors from the comfort of their own home. Not to mention easily stirred up.
    Just by what Ive read in some of these threads, the vast majority wouldnt have lasted my childhood.
    Will do. Thanks for the invitation!

Aaaaaaand adults aren't little keyboard warriors? If you want to take this to a personal level, be my guest. Really, I don't care. I don't really care what you think about your childhood, because that's over, and to be honest, you're just stuck in your mindset that you're always right and kids are wrong, because you're a big 21 year old. You're heaps tough yourself. :3

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011

Yeah because that's exclusive to kids and because you aren't trying to look sarky and cool by calling people juniourburgers lol.

Seeing some of you people in this thread has made me realise my generation is actually a lot worse than the current generation.

Years
    Seeing some of you people in this thread has made me realise my generation is actually a lot worse than the current generation.

Well, too be fair bud, the people from our generation are rather sad. I don't include them in that view.

I still think the '93+ lot are so badly brought up and so spoilt, that they should be ashamed of themselves.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hell yes, the 93ers are terrible. Though in general I feel bad for them. :(

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Hell yes, the 93ers are terrible. Though in general I feel bad for them. :(

They can't be blamed because they grew up in the boom. However my sister was born in '93 and the attitude she has is appalling.

Back