• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Kill It!" Favorite Boss Battles

PMG

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Motley Bossblob from Super Mario 3D World has been a fun boss for me, especially when he pops out of his big ol' stomping form, and you get to use the Double Cherry.

Also most of the second/third to last bosses from the Assassin's Creed series, like Robert de Sable or Bartholomew Roberts. Most of these fights end up being either amazing one-on-one duels, or in the case of Roberts it's a crazy ship battle before you board his ship and take him on man-to-man.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Let's see...

1. Final Fantasy X- Jecht
    Jecht to this day is my number one favorite boss battle. Final Fantasy was my first real RPG besides pokemon. The fight progressed from "WTF" when he jumped off the platform, to oh **** when he came up in his giant aeon form, to "seriously?" when he pulls that giant sword out of his chest and gets a boost in hp, to me crying once I killed him. And the music wasn't too bad either.

2. Pokemon Gold- Red
    Sorry. It was awesome as a little kid when I first saw Red and the feeling stuck with me.

3. Illusion Of Gaia/Time - Solid Arm
    Okay, this was just wow. The mansion is full of the strongest monsters and when I first got there I thought you had to defeat all the monsters and stuff, so I died a few times and then the boss was hard as heck for me.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    The Dracula and Death battle in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. Two bosses that are pretty much a series staple, combined into one frantic melee in a room far too small for it, is both exhilarating and terrifying. The second form is a bit of a let-down, but the first, when they're separate and unleashing frequent attacks both individually and as a team, is unforgettable, and why the game is my favourite to date in the Castlevania series.

The second battle with Yuga in The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is one that I've come to love recently as well. Yuga is easily one of the more interesting Zelda villains despite his minimal appearance in the game - a little narcissism sometimes goes a long way - and his battle theme is absolutely fantastic.

The fourth battle with Seifer in Final Fantasy VIII is a favourite of mine as well, if only because of what happens to Odin if you happen to have obtained him by that point. The poetic justice of the whole fight appeals to me immensely.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    T
    The second battle with Yuga in The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is one that I've come to love recently as well. Yuga is easily one of the more interesting Zelda villains despite his minimal appearance in the game - a little narcissism sometimes goes a long way - and his battle theme is absolutely fantastic.
    Yuga was an amazing boss. You really feel the annoyance of the wall merge, something you rely on so much in the game, used against you.

In general, the Zelda series has the best boss fights.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    When it comes to favorite boss battles, among my favorites would be the ones against Gilgamesh in Final Fantasy V. Starting with the second boss battle against him, one the best battle themes in the game, "Clash on the Big Bridge" is playing.

Another favorite boss battle of mine in Final Fantasy V is the first boss battle against Exdeath. You fight against him using Galuf alone. It is impossible to lose that boss battle since Galuf is badass enough to keep fighting at 0, let me repeat that, at 0 HP.

Yukari

Honestly I'm not sure... But Ironically enough Boss battles are one of the most important parts of a video game to me...

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I had a fun time recently with Kuromori, the 8th colossus in Shadow of the Colossus. He's the first boss in the game where things start to get real, where the colossus actually starts to fight back and makes you feel like you're in a very perilous situation. Plus the very rapid movements and attacks from him, as well as the cool Colosseum-like arena in which you fight him in made it an epic battle that I'll surely remember for some time.

Battle starts around 3:30 if you want to check it out.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    My favourite boss definitely has to be BNK3R from Borderlands 2. It's just such an epic fight coupled with the realisation of what you're actually fighting against, and the rewards are crazy. It's one of those battles which, although it isn't overly difficult, gives a real feel of "Yeahhh I'm badass", which is always what you want to feel after killing a boss! Worst boss battle ever goes to the final boss in Infamous: Second Son - what a disappointing end to a trilogy that was. :p

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
    Hmm. Maybe the boss battle against Bowser.Jr in Super Mario Galaxy where he controls a giant robot. It was just so bloody difficult for me and the sense of joy you get after destroying that stupid kid's robot is overwhelming.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    My favorite boss battles are either Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts I & II, Kefka in FF VI, Ultimecia in FF VIII, or Jecht in FF X. They're just all so BA.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Somebody mentioned The End earlier, who is very interesting because you don't even have to fight him -- just go adjust your clock. Probably the best, though, is Psycho Mantis, who, in my opinion, really set the standard for "playing the player" and similar. The way you're supposed to beat him is absolutely brilliant.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Killing Victoria in Bravely Default is literally the most satisfying boss battle ever. Yes, more so than Fassad. At least you don't have to listen to Fassad's stank nasty high pitched voice for the whole game. Makes Victoria all the more hated, therefore more satisfying to finally take down and get her asterisk. ...Which I have yet to use.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    The goddess Minerva from Crisis Core: FFVII. I don't know if I would say favorite, but it was definitely one of the most satisfying battles I'd had.

Back