• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

killing physical sweepers

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    I found this very effective on one of my sessions on NB. I used an Umbry with the following set:
    Umbry@leftovers
    Bold nature(DEF+/ATK-)
    Baton Pass
    Charm
    Mean Look
    Psychic
    252 HP/128 DEF/102 SD/28 SA
    This worked for what I wanted it to do--void phy sweepers. This is the reason Espy has Reflect and 70 DEF EVs. Umbry can lock in a physical sweeper, charm its ATK 3x, and pass to Espy. Espy uses Reflect to further paralyze the ATK, and then it uses its uber SA to kill the enemy. Reflect is then still in place for the next enemy, and if it is something such as Steelix for a tank or Metagross for an attacker, Espy benefits very much as HP Fire is a 2HKO on both of them.

This IMO is better than chaosbreon, toxibreon, or cursebreon as a defender.
    Cursebreon sets up an attacker, toxibreon is a stalling wall not a kill transfer, and chaosbreon ???. Psychic is included as a filler and to kill Gengar as FP misses if it is hit and it deals 25%+ and destroys subs. It also kills Weezing and others that use subs because I can't lock in a sub.

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
    Metagross switched in and gg. Medicham and Heracross will still OHKO it btw.

psychic is lol, and you'll probably get flamed for it, imo. ;/

Btw, Mean Look w/o Taunt is just asking Skarm and Suicune to switch in and Roar you out.

and regarding your opinions about the other umbreon sets... chaosbreon is a REAL force to be reckoned with, actually: it rips stall teams apart, and makes BP teams useable. Cursebreon --> Aerodactyl@Whiteherb is cool, and toxicstall umbreon doesn't exist.

End of story.

Pax Deorum

I probably hate you
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Mullet says it all and wins again. If you want something to Charm and Pass and that deals damage, use Vaporeon, with the previoushelp of trapping ith an Umbreon, don't mix both as it won't work and as Torkoal_7 said, Phazers will still lol at you if you don't have Taunt and Metagross and, lol, Torkoal will still kill you

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    ......you know this one had to have my input
    Stop using Psychic on Umbreon for the love of god. You disgrace my favorite pokemon's name. Chaosbreon is teh most useful of Umby sets, as it Trap/Wishpasses without being phazed.
    I'd also like to point out that the set u have is old, but it had Taunt/Moonlight/Wish over psychic. Made as an alternative to cursebreon to lax passing.
    Btw Umby > Umbry. It just sounds cooler.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    UmbreonShadow said:
    ......you know this one had to have my input
    Stop using Psychic on Umbreon for the love of god. You disgrace my favorite pokemon's name. Chaosbreon is teh most useful of Umby sets, as it Trap/Wishpasses without being phazed.
    I'd also like to point out that the set u have is old, but it had Taunt/Moonlight/Wish over psychic. Made as an alternative to cursebreon to lax passing.
    Btw Umby > Umbry. It just sounds cooler.

Thank you. You suck e4:
    1) Cause Umby doesn't attack.
    2) Cause it doesn't even get Stab off of Psychic, if it did your still don't need it to attack, it's a passer.

I think that's about it.
    :\

Ham

asdf tl;dr
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2006
    if that's the umbreon on your test team, then I know from experence that it sucks.

Ham

asdf tl;dr
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2006
    no, Wooty did, the Umbry didn't do **** to anything of his.

BTW, could one of you(not E4protector) get on BM and help me test this supposedly effective Umbreon?

Ham

asdf tl;dr
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2006
    wooty isn't on right now. the only other person on Battle Mountain right now is RubySoho, and he looks to be a bit... dead.

wait, taylor battled me.

Begin Turn #1
    Heracross is tightening its focus!
    Umbreon used Charm!
    Heracross's Attack sharply fell!
    ---------------------------------
    Heracross used Focus Punch!
    (394 damage)
    A critical hit!
    It's super effective!
    Umbreon fainted!

Begin Turn #11
    **** used Psychic!
    (18% damage)
    A critical hit!
    ---------------------------------
    Snorlax used Hidden Power!
    (180 damage)
    It's super effective!

my god this thing is a failure

Last edited:

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    rofl. Thats jsut complete phailure. Which reminds me, we must teach Sumpreme EdgeBoy MAx about his thinking skills (no offense to him) before he ends up like E4

Ham

asdf tl;dr
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2006
    oh, after the first fight(where it was promptly OHKOed by Heracross) I renamed it ****.

which is pretty accurate.

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    I propose that any posts about Umbreon should be run by me, k?

SubZer0

R/B/Y Old Wise Man
    Years
    My Metagross still has not yet found a single chalenger to be a match for it. Sure it has been taken out before but from allot of punishment from allot of pokemon. On average my Metagross walks through 2 or 3 pokemon before its in danger.

Metagross @Scope Lens, Clear Body, Adamant
    302HP, 405 Attack, 296 Defense, 239 Speed, 203 SA, 216 SD
    EV's 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Agility, Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Explosion

I always Agility first. EQ, and MM do all the killing for me. Then when I know im in trouble Explosion. Espy and Umbry stood a chance against me about 5 % of the time. Your strategy is good but dont underestimate some physical sweepers. A C Band, or S Lens Slaking causes mayhem.

Marowak with Thick Club can really mess up the place. Snorlax with Curse is **** near unstopable unless you have Brick Break or Focus Punch. I have even seen a Linoone take out an entire team using Substitute, Belly Drum, Endure, and Flail. This was against some of the elites too.

Let me ask you this then. What would you do in that situation with a Wobbuffet facing you? Encore, Counter, Mirror Coat, and Destiny Bond.

Even better a P Sweeper Dusclops. Pain Split, EQ, Rock Slide, WOW. Theese guys pull their weight too. PainErClops is tough and one hell of a surprise.

It is a good strategy, dont get me wrong but sometimes a P Sweeper just needs to be taken out by another P Sweeper, or an overpowered S Sweeper.

I dont want to get into ubers but they can hold their own especialy against that team.

Defense Deoxys (Deoxys L) @Leftovers, Timid, Pressure
    280 HP, 158 Attack, 400 Defense, 237 Speed, 176 SA, 400 SD
    EV's 156 HP, 176 Defense, 176 SD
    Cosmic Power, Recover, Toxic, Spikes

This thing slowly but surely walks through teams. Only a Substitute used before Toxic being used could stop this guy in his tracks.

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    I'm trying to make sense of how some of this stuff relates to this topic. Im also trying to figure out when clops became a good physical sweeper. Help me out here , sub

Pax Deorum

I probably hate you
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    SubZer0 said:
    Metagross @Scope Lens, Clear Body, Adamant
    302HP, 405 Attack, 296 Defense, 239 Speed, 203 SA, 216 SD
    EV's 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Agility, Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Explosion

I always Agility first. EQ, and MM do all the killing for me. Then when I know im in trouble Explosion. Espy and Umbry stood a chance against me about 5 % of the time. Your strategy is good but dont underestimate some physical sweepers. A C Band, or S Lens Slaking causes mayhem.

wtf, you must be joking. That's one of the standard Metagross, and it really isn't that much of a force to be reckoned with and who maxes speed on pokemon that has Agility?

Marowak with Thick Club can really mess up the place.

Not if he doesn't get Speed passed to

Snorlax with Curse is **** near unstopable unless you have Brick Break or Focus Punch.

Encore says hi, Focus Punch on the switch says hi

I have even seen a Linoone take out an entire team using Substitute, Belly Drum, Endure, and Flail. This was against some of the elites too.

Of course, and gets walled by a Misdreavus, which is sad

Let me ask you this then. What would you do in that situation with a Wobbuffet facing you? Encore, Counter, Mirror Coat, and Destiny Bond.

Wobuffet is banned, he's not fast enough to use Destiny Bond.

Even better a P Sweeper Dusclops. Pain Split, EQ, Rock Slide, WOW. Theese guys pull their weight too. PainErClops is tough and one hell of a surprise.

It is a good strategy, dont get me wrong but sometimes a P Sweeper just needs to be taken out by another P Sweeper, or an overpowered S Sweeper.

Of course, lets not use Shadow Ball on a pokemon that gets STAB from it. Lets all max that sexy 70 Base Attack and leave those pittiful Defences alone /sarcasm

I dont want to get into ubers but they can hold their own especialy against that team.

Defense Deoxys (Deoxys L) @Leftovers, Timid, Pressure
    280 HP, 158 Attack, 400 Defense, 237 Speed, 176 SA, 400 SD
    EV's 156 HP, 176 Defense, 176 SD
    Cosmic Power, Recover, Toxic, Spikes

This thing slowly but surely walks through teams. Only a Substitute used before Toxic being used could stop this guy in his tracks.

Again, Encore says hi. Giving him no Speed EVs and give him Timid is lol. Lets all get beaten by a Blissey in a gay stall war because he can't do **** to her. Lets all get walled by a Mawile, lets all get Phazed by Steelix, YAY

I hope I made myself clear

Back