• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*kills whole family* lol I totally got you

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
  • What is your opinion on pranks? And how far is too far when it comes to them?

Here's a picture of what the senior class at my school did for their "Senior Prank" I thought it was hilarious but some parents got really mad and what not
    Spoiler:

this thread may or may not have been just a way to show yall this picture and how funny I thought it was

Years
  • Pranks are fine as long as they are harmless. In the case of the prank provided by you Chili, that's harmless, although it could cause some to get upset because of the slur, but it didn't physically hurt someone.

In my junior year of high school, the senior prank that year was actually harmful. The primary prank was to lay baby oil onto the ground, and some people did actually get hurt from doing that. There were also two blind students in the school at the time as well, which didn't add to the humility factor at all.

finalrayne

High Roller
    Years
  • Speaking of pranks on april fools my little cousin emptied her hand sanitizer and put clear glue inside instead. She offered it to people it school as hand sanitizer XD wish I was that creative at her age.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • as far as OP goes the language really wasn't all that tasteful, so I can see why parents got upset.

They can be fun if they're good-natured, that's my take on it I guess.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Pranks are fine as long as they're not played on me.

This.

Also, your prank doesn't really bother me, but its easy to see why people would be upset by it.

And now I know where you live so I can kill you muhahaha

Years
  • Pranks are fine as long as they're not played on me.

Pretty much this. Majority of the time, pranks are done in good humour, but there are people who are not fond of them and take them seriously even though that was never your intention. I would probably be one of those individuals. Jokes are fine, but anything that involves playing pranks on me is not appreciated. I'd probably hate you for a while.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I think that as long as the prank can't harm someone, it's fine! Especially if it's obvious you're playing around.

However, if the person you're pranking is clearly not having fun, it's just best to stop to avoid issues. After all, it's way more fun if both parties are laughing!

There's also the question as to whether or not someone is really sensitive and will get upset over simple things. It's important to make sure that whoever you're pulling the prank on is not one of these people as they'll complain no matter how harmless the prank is.

Maybe I'm biased because I find many things hilarious. x3

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I joke around with friends, but I don't really prank anyone, and no one really ever pranks me. -w- I'm not the type of person who thinks about pranking people, call me boring.

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    I see nothing wrong with that. Nor do I see anything wrong with pranks. Just be warned.
    -6'2"
    -200Lbs
    -Been begged to be on 3/4's of the teams at my school.
    -Willing to kill if your prank involves my pen, or one of my bags. (I carry my laptop and normal backpack.)

I have seen dozens of pranks at my school. A person tried to prank me when I was sitting down. I stood up... he suddenly had second thoughts and quickly trashed the note.

Also.. Clear glue in sanitizer! Damnit! Why did I never think of that?!?!? (And it seems so like me too!) *Note To Self* Next April fools day... you know what to do. :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I know for our senior prank we put up a couple of our seniors up around the school and then covered them with stuff to camouflage them in with the walls and then when a teacher or something would pass by they'd jump down and scare the crap out of them. Pretty neat stuff.

Back