• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kina's done it again~ {Gallery 3}

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Last Updated: 6/20/09 - Added 1 Finished Work

So~

As much as it bothers me that this forum is so lifeless, and making a thread in it for my art (yet again) is pretty darn redundant when folks can just click my dA link in my siggy, I've gone and made another. I guess it's just a habit. A stupid habit, but one I can't kick.

Anywho~

Here's some art. Look at it. Maybe say something about it ♥

~Finished Work~
    **Larger versions of these are in my deviantART gallery**

Title: Flight
    Description: A drawing from a few months ago. Kina wished to be able to fly with the dragons, so she got herself a balloon. Problem solved~

Title: Words
    Description: Another drawing from a few months ago. It was inspired by words spoken to me one day as I parted ways with someone after class.

Title: Courage
    Description: Yet another few-month-old drawing. Kina desperately reaches out for courage as she's being pulled into the shadows.

Title: Chibi Roark
    Description: Self-explanatory ♥

Title: Deja Vu
    Description: A more recent drawing, only a month or two old. Kina is stalking the halls at school.

Title:
    On Top of the World
    Description: A recent traditionally inked/digitally painted work. Kina's enjoying life~

Title: King Dodongo
    Description: Another ink/Photoshop work. It's King Dodongo, a boss from Ocarina of Time.

Title: Encounter
    Description: Yet another ink/Photoshop piece. Kina's receiving inspiration from her Muse ♥

Title: Nowhere to be Found
    Description: Painted in Photoshop under the base sketch. This is a scene from a dream I had in which I was searching for Roark. Obviously he's not here.

Title: Braving the Storm
    Description: Did this doodle a while back, painted it yesterday. Kina's, well, braving a storm.

Title: Departure
    Description: Another simplistic Photoshop watercolor painting. Kina watches solemnly as the gold dragon fades away into the sunset.

Title: Silver + Gold
    Description: Another digital watercolor work. It's a portrait of Kina and the gold dragon that I may use for something later.

~Scraps/Base Sketches~
    **No critique on these, as they are unfinished/quick doodles**

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Spoiler:

My review is in there ^. Overall, your work is very, very beautiful. I really enjoy it. ^^

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    I'm in love with Words. <3 I can relate to it. It reminds me of the feeling you get when you're having a bad day, or just feeling a little lonely, and someone takes the time to say hello to you. I also really like Courage, it sends a very clear message.

and ohmygod Roark. xD

Amaruuk

Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    @SL Thanks for the comments! It's very nice to have things said about everything at once.

The little heart is there because Kina's looking at someone through that window ♥

As for the scratchiness of Roarkizard's flame, it's because it's just a doodle, hence why I put it in the scraps section. The one with the girl on the ledge is a base sketch for another Photoshop painting I'm working on. You'll see a background in it when I finish :3

@InkPuddle That's the idea. Thanks for your comments!

Roark is love ♥

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    The one with the girl on the ledge is a base sketch for another Photoshop painting I'm working on. You'll see a background in it when I finish :3

Can't wait! =3 And you're welcome. ^^

Amaruuk

Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've got a new base sketch I just drew today. Not quite sure how I'll go about CG-ing it. I might do it in vector. The Latin phrase on it means "Fortune favors the brave."

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Spoiler:

You're a great artist, you know that?

Amaruuk

Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Spoiler:

You're a great artist, you know that?
    Yep, I do~

Of course it'll be colored. That's the idea of a base sketch; it's not the end result (which would be colored).

Oddly enough, I hadn't played Zelda in quite a while when I did King Dodongo. His battle music popped up on my player and I decided to draw him.

Also, Kina's looking into the window of a classroom from the hallway. It's quite a heavenly experience, though~

Thank you for your comments! :3

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Spoiler:

Ya'll know the drill ^.

Amaruuk

Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Spoiler:

Ya'll know the drill ^.

Yeah, there are some anatomical issues (I'm not that great at it, especially attempting to make him a bit more humanoid). It may also look that way in part because of how the banner is placed. The legs join the body at about the same level as the top of the "N" in "FORTUNA." Maybe his thighs are just too fat. XD

Thanks again~

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Actually, if that's the case, then the thighs are just too long, not necessarily fat.​

Amaruuk

Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've added a new piece to the Finished Work section, Nowhere to be Found.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    Wow, that's...wow. I could never draw anything like that. All I've got is words, and words are nothing.

It's things like this make me realize how utterly inferior we writers are to you artists...

I bow to your skill...

Lash: "So, like, what? That's it? Bleh, bo-ring!, I mean, come on! Where's the flaming debris, where's the chaos, where's the destruction?!"
    Hawke: "Lash, art isn't about destruction. It's about revealing the true depths of the soul."
    Lash: "Geez, when'd you become a poet?"
    Hawke: "I am a commander, not a barbarian. If you hadn't noticed, all of the paintings and scultptures within this study are valuable works of art. I am perfectly capable of understanding such things, though you clearly are not."
    Lash: "Shut up! Like I asked you!"
    Dream: <Actually, Lash, you DID->
    Lash: "Stow it, rat-boy!"
    Hawke: "Art is about seeing the beauty of a world beyond our own..."
    Lash: "That's why I got a telescope, DUH!"
    Hawke: ...
    Dream: <I don't think she gets it, my Lord. Anyways, good work on your art, Kina.>
    Hawke: "Agreed. You are an artist of no mean skill."
    Lash: "Whatever, I'm gonna go melt something..."

Amaruuk

Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Oh, wow! Thanks, Dream! How flattering~

Lol, writers aren't inferior, they just have a different method of conveying artistic talent, which you certainly have :3

toyaki

the lengendary swordman
    Years
    thats not realy my type but its really good
    i think i couldn't draw something like that XD

Amaruuk

Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've just now updated with a new painting: Braving the Storm

Oh, and by the way, larger images of all the finished works can be found in my deviantART gallery. :3

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    Nice job with the rain effects. I don't see many where they're done...well...good. You pulled it off nicely.

...shameless thread bumbing lol jk jk

Back