• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

King Kong or Godzilla?

Who is better?

• King Kong

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Godzilla

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters

~\"Metal Sonic"/~

Pure Evil
Years
  • In 1933, the movie "King Kong" was released.
    In 1954, "Godzilla" was released.
    In 1962 (I think...) the movie "King Kong vs. Godzilla" was released, and Kong won.

But, if the creators of Kong and Godzilla were to make a remake of KK vs GZ, and they wanted to ask the fans who they wanted to win, who would you choose?
    Who in your mind is cooler?
    Who in your mind it stronger?
    Who in your mind it the true KING OF THE MONSTERS?
    ===============================================
    I voted Godzilla. For several reasons:

1. Godzilla has better T&C (Tooth and Claw) abilities.
    2. Godzilla has his pwnsome heat ray.
    3. Although Kong is fast and strong, Godzilla is a little slow, but just as strong!
    4. Godzilla regenerates.
    5. What part of Godzilla do you not understand?

~\"Metal Sonic"/~

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Dark Magician ruler said:
    It would be so Godzilla like whoa he could win over anyone plus he has fire breath and spikes
    Actually, the spikes do squat. The AMERICAN Godzilla (Or Zilla, as it is now called) has the spikes that could slice diamond in half.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Oh come on King KOng is cool and the new film looks so awesome...

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • I saw the new King Kong movie tonight. It is a great movie. XD Kong is quite impressive in it, and I was never a fan of the Zilla movies, so I'd have to go with Kong. -_-

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Yonggary the Untold said:
    Actually, the spikes do squat. The AMERICAN Godzilla (Or Zilla, as it is now called) has the spikes that could slice diamond in half.
    He's called GINO...and he got his butt owned by the real Godzilla in less than a minute.

Er, anywho, it'd probably Godzilla that'd win this time around I guess. Back then all they had to go on were the Showa movies.

Years
  • Godzilla is a lot better. The Kaiju pwn giant gorillas... And GINO is the real name, Zilla is what Toho calls it in Final Wars.

~\"Metal Sonic"/~

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Shadow Scizor said:
    Godzilla is a lot better. The Kaiju pwn giant gorillas... And GINO is the real name, Zilla is what Toho calls it in Final Wars.
    Yep. Sums it up for me. Kong has no powers. Beam > Muscles. Croc beats monkey. Salt Beats peper... wait. What does that have to do with GZ & KK? Never mind....

And, let me make this clear...

The 98 version was GINO. The rights for Godzilla beloning to Tristar ran out in 2003, so Toho got GINO. Toho then decided to give it a better name: Zilla.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I say Godzilla! I love the old movies <3 They are so funny <3

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Yonggary the Untold said:
    Yep. Sums it up for me. Kong has no powers. Beam > Muscles. Croc beats monkey. Salt Beats peper... wait. What does that have to do with GZ & KK? Never mind....

And, let me make this clear...

The 98 version was GINO. The rights for Godzilla beloning to Tristar ran out in 2003, so Toho got GINO. Toho then decided to give it a better name: Zilla.
    The Final Wars movie listed him as GINO, Zilla is a fan given name to tell the two apart. Tristar didn't lose the rights, TOHO screwed them over when they saw what they did to the image of Godzilla.

Surly Professor

is magically delicious
    Years
  • Well, Kong wound be much stronger & faster with him mammalian metabolism.
    But, Godzilla has all kinds of ranged attacks.
    So it depends on the environment.
    Open ground Godzilla hands down.
    NewYork City Kong is king.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
  • The official name of the American Godzilla is "Zilla", not "GINO."

Even though Godzilla would win, I'd much rather see Kong beat Godzilla if a KKvsG remake is made, just because I like Kong better.

BTW, If anyone is interested, I am hoping to make a King Kong RP in honor of the new movie. Send me a PM or IM me on MSN or AIM if you'd like to help.

~\"Metal Sonic"/~

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Kazuhito said:
    The Final Wars movie listed him as GINO, Zilla is a fan given name to tell the two apart. Tristar didn't lose the rights, TOHO screwed them over when they saw what they did to the image of Godzilla.
    Go here: https://tohokingdom.com/forums/
    Register.
    Ask somebody. They'll tell you. Zilla is the official name for the TOHO American Godzilla.

Now, back to the point of GZ and KK fighting...

(Peter Jackson's)KK: About 25 feet.
    (GFW)Godzilla: 328 feet.

Kong is doomed.

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
  • I'd say King Kong would win! It's just a cool big monkey that would slaughter that evil creature and kick his ass to where all the other dinosaurs are today, in our memory's :P

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • I don't know, man. Kong beat the heck out of a slew of dinosaurs in the new movie. He got tag teamed by a group of like 5 or 6 huge raptor-like creatures and he owned them all. 5 or 6 on 1. That's pretty insane if you ask me.

Back