• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Still MIA, First Two Kingdom Hearts Titles May Get HD Remake

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    If they get the first 2 kh games plus re:com into one blu ray disc, in hd and trpohies, with voice language options, i will be absolutely sold. and if they have an original voice language option, where ff characters have jap voices and disney characters in english, i would have sooooo much respect for square enix.

also lightning, it would never be a 360 exclusive. ever. it doesn't even need an explanation. the fanbase for it would be pretty small, there are definatelly more people who went from ps2 to ps3 then ps2 to 360. possibly multi-plat... but i get the feeling nomura just wants games to be stuck on the one console unless they are going to change it entirely, hence the re games.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I wish they could just start developing Kingdom Hearts III.

Re:coded was ugh, unneeded. It was a waste of time. Chain of Memories sort of connects to Days so yeah, and I kind of loved Days (large player roster and all). Birth by Sleep was the first actually Kingdom Hearts game I played so yeah, I pretty much love it.

Kingdom Hearts III I hope will be on the PS3 (since KH1/II were on PS2 and I doubt they would release a game on such an old console so PS3 so it can follow the tradition). I don't want it on the Wii U.

As for Dream Drop Distance, I think it will be good. It's a sequel to Re:coded, but I heard that all the Disney worlds will be new, so I'm looking forward to that.

Years
    I'd definitely like HD versions of KH1, CoM, and KH2... but only if they were the FM versions. I didn't like KH2 much, but KH2: FM looked great.

Dream Drop Distance? I haven't really been watching that, so I can't say I'm excited for it.

But I, as well, wish they'd start making KH3 instead of all these side games. It seems that at this rate, KH3 might not even be on the PS3.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    I'd definitely like HD versions of KH1, CoM, and KH2... but only if they were the FM versions. I didn't like KH2 much, but KH2: FM looked great.

Dream Drop Distance? I haven't really been watching that, so I can't say I'm excited for it.

But I, as well, wish they'd start making KH3 instead of all these side games. It seems that at this rate, KH3 might not even be on the PS3.

The Final Mixes are amazing, especially KHIIFM.
    Dream Drop Distance is also named as "Kingdom Hearts 3D" also meaning it's on the 3DS. It hasn't been release anywhere yet. the 3D = Dream Drop Distance.
    As for KH3. They are a bit busy on Versus, KH3D, and other projects as soon as the KH Team can fit it in their schedule I'm sure they will have it. I bet nomura already knows what to do with KH3. Just need the time to do it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    The first FM is worth it if only for the skippable cutscenes. Would be even better if they implement the skip-immediately sort of thing instead of die-once-and-then-you-can-skip thing. But regardless, when you get to that Riku fight, the addition becomes a godsend.

But yes, FM+ is definitely, definitely worth it. :x Even if you take out Re:COM, the extra scenes, the extra battles (hnnng organization fights <3) and the new gummi ship missions were enough to keep me occupied for HOURS over my regular playtime. And that's not even counting the new abilities, items, forms, mushrooms, etc. It's definitely worth it and tbh I'd buy it again day one if they brought it out in HD. :s

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Well they could always delay it long enough that it ends up on next gen and skips this gen entirely. *roll eyes*

[/wishes she was joking]

Yeah, that will probably happen @__@. Well, that would be fine by me, since it's kind of too late for me to get a PS3 anyway, and if the release date is near the release of Sony's next console and it's backwards compatible with PS3 games, I'll probably go through that route. Anyway, an HD collection of the Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 (and possibly Re: Chain of Memories) wouldn't really be needed for me unless it offers graphics that are very largely improved and a few new features, since I already have KH1 and 2.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    I just hope KH3 takes us back to Sora, Donald and Goofy rather than other main characters. Nothing against Roxas or anything, I just miss Sora.

ソラ

Years
    I just hope KH3 takes us back to Sora, Donald and Goofy rather than other main characters. Nothing against Roxas or anything, I just miss Sora.
    Nomura said he is gonna have Sora as the hero. in KH in general Sora will ALWAYS be the hero. KH3 is gonna be the end of Xehanort's saga. There will be more saga(s).

Cherrim

Years
    That makes me a bit sad because I firmly believe Aqua is the best main character the series has had. :( But maybe that's just because I adore her playing style. (I love staying out of reach and flinging magic. ♥) I'd be absolutely okay with a million side games somewhat-unrelated to the main story if it just focused on her, lmao.

But Sora has to fix everything that went wrong because of Terra before anything happens so I can deal with him. Kind of annoyed that Riku seemingly has such a big part though. I can't stand him. XD;

razzbat

dancer
    Years

Nomura said he is gonna have Sora as the hero. in KH in general Sora will ALWAYS be the hero. KH3 is gonna be the end of Xehanort's saga. There will be more saga(s).
    but doesn't that mean after kh3, they could go a completely different direction and have a different character? but yeh... theres not really any use in speculating considering kh3 probably won't come out till about 4 years from now, judging off how slowly versus is going -.-'

ソラ

Years
    but doesn't that mean after kh3, they could go a completely different direction and have a different character? but yeh... theres not really any use in speculating considering kh3 probably won't come out till about 4 years from now, judging off how slowly versus is going -.-'
    No Nomura said "Sora will ALWAYS be KH's Hero"

Versus supposed to be release in 2012 - 2013.

razzbat

dancer
    Years

No Nomura said "Sora will ALWAYS be KH's Hero"

Versus supposed to be release in 2012 - 2013.
    they said 2012 but i really cant see it coming out until 2013. if they do release it in 2012 and get to work on kh3 straight afterwards the quickest they would be able to make it would be 3 years so i really cant see kh3 being released till 2015 :(

i really do hope they announce a hd collection at tgs, more so than another side game which i'm sure they'll announce BbS 2 or something soonish

Last edited:
    Years
    i really do hope they announce a hd collection at tgs, more so than another side game which i'm sure they'll announce BbS 2 or something soonish
    On the note of HD versions of KH 1&2, I've been playing through KH2 again on my computer this time, so it's actually rendered at 1440x1080 (the highest 4:3 res that fits in 1080p).

I must say, this is what an HD remake would look like and the visual difference is astounding. Have a look. Screenshots of anything on request. Keep in mind the screenshots kill of the antialiasing, so it won't look quite as smooth.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    From what I've heard Dream Drop Distance is supposed to be one of the last, if not THE last spin-off before Kingdom Hearts III, so expect KH3 sometime after 3D.

In other news regarding the KH HD remakes, if they actually DO end up making them, I'll only buy them if they have all of the stuff they added in from their respective Final Mixes/Final Mix+, if not, it's not worth buying it again just for some inhanced graphics.

....then again, I'd buy it in a heartbeat if BBS was made for console and COM was given an overhaul...but hey, a man can dream :3

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Unless they're completely redone like how they did Ocarina of Time for the 3Ds, I am not impressed.

I'm sorry, but...what?

OOT3D is the prime example of a 'remake' not being a remake. Pasting fancy textures over everything, making a few models here and there, and redoing a few environments is anything but "completely redone".

If these HD remakes are even less of a 'remake' than OOT3D is then...well... wow. That must be a pretty hard feat to achieve lol.

I wouldn't know as I've never played an HD remake before (I don't have any HD consoles). But if they're that bad of remakes than I'm happy to know that I won't be needing to invest in a PS3 if they came around.

Anyway, it's exciting to hear that KH3D is supposed to be console-level quality. It's running on a handheld that can easily pull off KHII so I guess that makes sense.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
    I'm not entirely against an updated version of the Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 being released - I might even pick up a copy should I find myself with spare money.

I don't mind their spin-off games either. I disliked 358/2 days for the pure reason of them adding a new character. I never completed the game, for some reason. I usually enjoy those games though because they explain things and add more detail to the story already there. I really enjoyed Birth by Sleep for that reason, I also adore the character of Aqua but that isn't the point.

However, I would definitely like them to start working on Kingdom Hearts 3. There isn't much more backing story they could add now. Most, if not all, of it has been explained in one of the games. So the only way for the franchise to progress story-wise is forwards, in my eyes. However, I'm not desperate for it and can wait a while.

The one coming out on the 3DS does not interest me much, because I'm not that interested in buying a 3DS at all. Especially not for a single game.

That makes me a bit sad because I firmly believe Aqua is the best main character the series has had. :( But maybe that's just because I adore her playing style. (I love staying out of reach and flinging magic. ♥) I'd be absolutely okay with a million side games somewhat-unrelated to the main story if it just focused on her, lmao.

I entirely agree. Aqua is possibly my favourite character of the entire franchise.

Last edited:

ソラ

Years
    I
    However, I would definitely like them to start working on Kingdom Hearts 3. There isn't much more backing story they could add now. Most, if not all, of it has been explained in one of the games. So the only way for the franchise to progress story-wise is forwards, in my eyes. However, I'm not desperate for it and can wait a while.

KHBBSVol.2

there is to show what happen with Aqua in the dark realm.

Cherrim

Years
    I don't think that's really all that important though. :( I mean, I honestly don't really care much about what happens. She's my favourite, I love the playing style of BBS, but I don't think it needed a direct sequel and I almost feel like anything that might happen in it might cheapen the ending of BBS. I have no idea what the second game is meant to be about save the image of the castle from the teaser trailer but... if it has any chance of getting her out of the realm of darkness and she doesn't make it, that's just depressing. And if it has no chance... what's the point? D8

(I will still import it day one though.)[/size]

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I didn't like Aqua at all. Voice actress sucked (imo) and her side of the story never interested me. I was much more enthralled by Terra's DARKNESS. I'd rather just see a new IP from Nomura to be honest, even if I do think KH can be really fun.

She had the best gameplay in BBS though, after gaining a good amount of slots.

Cherrim

Years
    I thought Terra was kind of boring, tbh. I only like him because Ven and Aqua like him and his fail is kind of funny after a while. (I MUST PROTECT THE ~BOX OF LIGHT~.)

Aqua's English voice is horrible though, I'll give you that. I honestly can't stand it and would have to mute the game sometimes. Her original voice is so much better. D:

Back