• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts II

Favorite Kingdom Hearts 2 Ally Fighter

• Donald (Various)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goofy (Various)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Mulan (Land Of Dragons)

• The Beast (Beast's Castle)

• Auron (Olympus Coliseum)

• Jack Sparrow (Port Royal)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Aladdin (Agrabah)

• Jack Skellington (Halloween Town)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Simba (Pride Lands)

• Tron (Space Paranoids)

• Riku (The World That Never Was)

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • King Mickey (Various)

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
    Years
    I just Finished the game not to long ago. It defenitly deserves its place as my favorite game series. The characters were fun, both the classics and origionals. It was just an all around amazing game for me. It even got started rewatch my favorite disney movies again. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    I pick this game up, played for hr, stopped the ps took it back to the store and got my money back.. why you ask?

I realised i was missing the world cup match :p

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    o_O @ thread creator's username.

Um, anyway. Kingdom Hearts II is currently my favourite game...if only for Organization XIII. XD; It was such an improvement on the first game (I can open treasure chests without waiting 5 minutes for enemy encounters to end now!) and I really enjoyed playing it. Plus, Demyx is love. XP

I don't really think the Roxas tutorial in the beginning should have been longer, but Roxas definitely should have been given a bigger role. He was made out to be so important in the beginning but once you start playing as Sora, his significance is more or less tossed away. I hated that--he should have had more appearances or more of an impact later on. x_x;

InKVit...o_O If you aren't gonna talk about the game, you really shouldn't post since that wasn't too relevant to the thread.

Years
    Demyx said:
    o_O @ thread creator's username.

Um, anyway. Kingdom Hearts II is currently my favourite game...if only for Organization XIII. XD; It was such an improvement on the first game (I can open treasure chests without waiting 5 minutes for enemy encounters to end now!) and I really enjoyed playing it. Plus, Demyx is love. XP

I don't really think the Roxas tutorial in the beginning should have been longer, but Roxas definitely should have been given a bigger role. He was made out to be so important in the beginning but once you start playing as Sora, his significance is more or less tossed away. I hated that--he should have had more appearances or more of an impact later on. x_x;

InKVit...o_O If you aren't gonna talk about the game, you really shouldn't post since that wasn't too relevant to the thread.

exactly! they should of made Roxas do the begining of Org XIII area. then fight riku. before they fall on the ground. then you Play in the fake world .see? That will make it Longer!

Cherrim

Years
    ;_;! Yes! That would have been great. I mean, we'd already seen the Riku vs Roxas fight in FMV format before the release of KH2, so we didn't need to see it in regular game cutscene version. It would have been much more fun to have done the battle ourselves.

But I liked how they handled the tutorial in the beginning. The mystery shrouding it as you play through was fun, and knowing everything beforehand wouldn't have felt the same, you know? So I think maybe placing that fight or any other Roxas scenes throughout the rest of the game as a series of flashbacks would have been better. Since then instead of all of the interesting Roxas parts being confined to the first few hours of gameplay, you'd get more of him scattered throughout the story.

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    Kingdom Hearts 2 was all story and they could have improved the battle system a bit more...but hey I am a sucker for a good story line...that and they should have had more music and more enemies...yeah

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    KH2 is one of my top 3 fav games (it's tied with FFX for the second and third spot).

Roxas' story should have been longer. Not really the part at the start of the game, but Roxas in the game more. They could have and should have made it where both Roxas and Sora was in the world (like it was before). What you got with Roxas was him trying to find out who he is and what's happening to him. And once we did it was like "Bye bye Roxas, have a nice life" and he was dropped off the map. We hear and see very little of him after his 4 hour opening. And that sucks, sure we hear amost nothing about the other Org 13 members but this is Roxas, he is different. You get to a point where you just got to know the kid and then he goes bye bye.

In the end the story was great, I liked it far far better then KH and CoM. And KH2 was good enough to take the stop of one of my fav games (but I knew that was going to happen long before I got the game, seeing how I wanted it soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad XD).

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...But how could they really mix Roxas in? I mean, he had more than enough references due to the Organization XIII members calling Sora by that name, but had he been in the game more, all of the twists in the end might have ended up being more spread about (like what Roxas really was), and that isn't really Squaresoft's style...I also couldn't see Roxas in pretty much ANY of the Disney worlds (the only ones that I could see him in are Hollow Bastion, Olympus Colosseum, The World That Never Was, and, of course, Twilight Town).

However, that being said, I wouldn't too much have minded having him as an extra party character in Hollow Bastion (one of the only levels NOT to have one), or maybe even an enemy in one of the Paradox Cups.

Cherrim

Years
    Well, if Roxas had dreams in the beginning that made him remember Sora, perhaps Sora, after he wakes up, could have had "playable" dreams or something of some parts of Roxas' life, however shortlived it was. o_o That might, on one hand, kill the mystery for Sora as far as Roxas goes but...I also think that wasn't handled well at all in the game to begin with. Sora spent the whole game basically hating the Nobodies and then when he finds out he has one? His reaction wasn't very...believable. o_O; Also, Roxas changed too much. The Roxas from throughout the game wouldn't have just given in so easily at the end. x_x;

I would've preferred Roxas to be the extra party member in the World That Never Was as opposed to Riku. xD That would've been cool.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    mhm, I agree with all of you... Roxas should've had more time in the game...
    I mean, I like Sora better but Roxas seemed pretty important at the start... then all of sudden you're Sora, and Roxas is hardly ever brought up after that... oO Granted I haven't beaten the game yet, but I did hear that he comes in later on, (Or something like that...^^; )

Oh yeah, and I have question about the games, I'm stuck again. (Well...I can play through the other levels if I wanted, but I need to beat Atlantica...)
    Its probably easy to answer anyhoo...
    Where do you find the 'Metal'? You need to move the statue in Atlantica, and I have no idea where it is. --_--

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    This post will contain spoilers (not like anyone else warned about such things :P).

Well, recently, on a topic of Zexion, Morkula reminded me that a while ago, Normura said in an interview that Zexion's weapon would eventually be revealed. This was after CoM was released (and Zexion "killed" by the Riku Clone).

Now, in the beginning of Kingdom Hearts II (I just happened to be at this part on a new game when Mork brought this up), there are eight capsules under Twilight Town. One with Sora, one with Donald, one with Goofy, and the other five are empty, but upon inspecting them the ingame text says they appear used.

Let's look at that number, five... There were five members of the Organization defeated in Castle Oblivion (where the other capsules that held Sora and friends came from). Marluxia, Zexion, Larxene, Vexen, and Lexaeus.

Perhaps DiZ saved them since they had planned on some sort of revolt against Xemnas? Three of them (Zexion/Ienzo, Vexen/Even, and Lexaeus/Elaeus) were his apprentices with Xemnas, Xigbar, and Xaldin. Perhaps he wanted to research them so he brought some remnants. I don't know.

But I do assume, this isn't the last of the Organization or the Nobodies. Perhaps we'll see their Heartless like we did Xehanort's. They did have all 13 modeled for Kingdom Hearts II, seems like a bit extravagant for just their journal entries to me...

Ice Kid

Master of Ice Pokemon!
    Years
    Yeah. Favorite game sure. Stuff about Roxas, why not. The thing I really didn't like about KH2, isn't really a big thing, but It was kinda funny actually. The fact was, that Sora and Friends didn't fit in with the apparel of some worlds, like Port Royal. We have Jack in his pirate stuff, and then we have Sora wearing a black jacket a really big shoes... Or what about Land of Dragons! or Agrabah! Otherwise great game. yeah.

Cherrim

Years
    Drew said:
    mhm, I agree with all of you... Roxas should've had more time in the game...
    I mean, I like Sora better but Roxas seemed pretty important at the start... then all of sudden you're Sora, and Roxas is hardly ever brought up after that... oO Granted I haven't beaten the game yet, but I did hear that he comes in later on, (Or something like that...^^; )

Oh yeah, and I have question about the games, I'm stuck again. (Well...I can play through the other levels if I wanted, but I need to beat Atlantica...)
    Its probably easy to answer anyhoo...
    Where do you find the 'Metal'? You need to move the statue in Atlantica, and I have no idea where it is. --_--
    Roxas does come later on, but his role isn't very big--it's more like Squenix just sort of thought "oh yeah, Roxas" at the end and dropped him back in the story. Honestly, half the plot is packed into the last few hours of gameplay. o_O; As for the thing for moving the statue, isn't it the "Magnet" spell you need? You get that after you beat Halloween Town. :O
    Shadow said:
    Well, recently, on a topic of Zexion, Morkula reminded me that a while ago, Normura said in an interview that Zexion's weapon would eventually be revealed. This was after CoM was released (and Zexion "killed" by the Riku Clone).
    Also, to further back up this--in the official Chain of Memories manga, I believe they change it around. (I haven't read this far in it yet myself, but I'm working on it. XD) Again, you don't see the actual kill--it's blacked out, I think. And afterwards, in Zexion's place is a daikon raddish. :x So it certainly is a possibility that Zexion isn't actually dead. Or gone. Or whatever happens to Nobodies.

Shadow said:
    Now, in the beginning of Kingdom Hearts II (I just happened to be at this part on a new game when Mork brought this up), there are eight capsules under Twilight Town. One with Sora, one with Donald, one with Goofy, and the other five are empty, but upon inspecting them the ingame text says they appear used.

Let's look at that number, five... There were five members of the Organization defeated in Castle Oblivion (where the other capsules that held Sora and friends came from). Marluxia, Zexion, Larxene, Vexen, and Lexaeus.

Perhaps DiZ saved them since they had planned on some sort of revolt against Xemnas? Three of them (Zexion/Ienzo, Vexen/Even, and Lexaeus/Elaeus) were his apprentices with Xemnas, Xigbar, and Xaldin. Perhaps he wanted to research them so he brought some remnants. I don't know.
    I'm not sure about that. I'm pretty sure you see Vexen fade into darkness after Axel assassinates him, right? (Probably the same case with the others but I got stuck on Vexen when I started replaying CoM...his "ohohoho" during battle makes me laugh too hard.) So yeah, once they fade away, they more or less cease to exist. So I don't see how DiZ could get ahold of them before that happens. I could be wrong though--again, I haven't properly played that much in a while. I guess I'll do that tonight and see how far I get and what happens. :x

Shadow said:
    But I do assume, this isn't the last of the Organization or the Nobodies. Perhaps we'll see their Heartless like we did Xehanort's. They did have all 13 modeled for Kingdom Hearts II, seems like a bit extravagant for just their journal entries to me...
    As much as I'd love for Flower Boy and Larxene to make a return...remember, Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to come out on PS3, meaning they'll almost indefinitely have to remake the engine from the ground up (again). That means they wouldn't be using the same character models. Unless we get another spin-off or in-between game, I think they must have been modelled just for that. Oh, plus they were shown in the cutscene during the Roxas tutorial. At one point we get that view of the Organization sitting high up in chairs--the only ones with their hoods off at this time are those who fell at Castle Oblivion plus Axel and Roxas. :O So their 3D models did appear and have more significance in the game than simply for the Character Links section.
    Ice Kid said:
    Yeah. Favorite game sure. Stuff about Roxas, why not. The thing I really didn't like about KH2, isn't really a big thing, but It was kinda funny actually. The fact was, that Sora and Friends didn't fit in with the apparel of some worlds, like Port Royal. We have Jack in his pirate stuff, and then we have Sora wearing a black jacket a really big shoes... Or what about Land of Dragons! or Agrabah! Otherwise great game. yeah.
    Really? I thought the contrast between characters in Port Royal was hilarious! I mean, seeing Barbossa and all his menacing pirates standing next to...Pete. Dude, it was so strange I couldn't help laughing. XD My main qualm with Port Royal was instead the fact that Sora was so useless. I mean, in other worlds he plays a major part in "saving" it, or whatever. But in that world, he, Donald and Goofy just tagged along. It followed the movie way too closely--anything where Sora had "importance" as far as plot went was really random (like Heartless trying to blow up the ship o_O) and didn't really fit in at all. The in-world characters were more than capable of doing everything for themselves so it wasn't as fun an experience as others in which Sora actually felt needed and had a decent reason for being there. o_o

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Magnet, yes...^^; Its been a few days since I read what it was called. ><; *has a memory with that kinda stuff*
    and I gotta beat Halloween Town? Kay...I can do that. ^^
    Thanks for the help. x3

Cherrim

Years
    No problem! :D

Atlantica in KH2 is really fragmented--each time you complete one of its sections, you'll have to wait a while before doing the next one because it requires skills or things you don't have yet, like Magnet. So some people just leave it alone until closer to the end as it's not an imperative world and that way you don't have to wait so long between each part of its story. XP

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    I beat the game (Gah! I'm upset, it ended too soon...) and plan on replaying it. From what I've heard, there's another hidden trailer sort of thing if you complete 100% of the game, or something along the lines of it.

So my main question is, if anyone can answer it, is what I heard true, and if so...what must I do?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Demyx said:
    No problem! :D

Atlantica in KH2 is really fragmented--each time you complete one of its sections, you'll have to wait a while before doing the next one because it requires skills or things you don't have yet, like Magnet. So some people just leave it alone until closer to the end as it's not an imperative world and that way you don't have to wait so long between each part of its story. XP

aaah, so thats why. That makes me happy in a way... Never been a big fan of the Little Mermaid... ^^;;
    Thanks for telling me... Now I dont have to wander around like an idiot not knowing what to do. XD ((Theres a reason I hesitated to play this game...^^;; ))
    Ah well... onto Halloween Town. x3

Cherrim

Years
    It did end too soon, didn't it? ;_;

Anyway, yes, it's true--there is a secret ending to the game. You can only obtain it in Normal or Proud mode, so if you played through on Easy, you have to start over on another mode.

To get the ending on Proud, you simply have to beat the game. To get the ending on Normal mode, you have to do a lot more. Basically, you have to fully complete Jiminy's Journal. So you have to get every treasure chest, complete every minigame, beat all the colosseum events, beat Sephiroth, and complete all the synthesis. It's quite a long process and collecting all the synthesis items can be really annoying. x_x; So if you're not a patient person, you might wanna just play through the game again since doing all the extra stuff can be pretty tedious. xD; Luckily, you don't have to complete the Gummi Ship stuff though~

Back