• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kirby Air Ride (GCube)

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Anyone here play Kirby Air Ride? I do! My fav vehicles are the Wagon Star, Slick Star, Swerve Star, Wheelie Bike and the Dragoon!

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I haven't played it in a while. I do enjoy piloting the Wheelie Scooter and the Shadow Star. Going around as King Dedede is also a joy, usually.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Yeah Kirby air rid was pretty good much better then mario cart in my opinion Playing as meta knight and slicing up the enemy's was a blast....
    Don't play it very often though but it is a good racing game~

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    I haven't played the game because I don't have a Gamecube, but I remember how my little brother used to come home from a friend's house and tell me how much fun it is. It sounds fun from what I've heard, and being King Dedede sounds good enough for me. :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    I mainly always did City Trial. Me and my cousin almost always played this whenever we got together. That and Melee. XD

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I never got it. I wish they'd just make an actual Kirby game and not a racer or something. ;;

But I heard it was okay.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I never got it. I wish they'd just make an actual Kirby game and not a racer or something. ;;

But I heard it was okay.

Kirby's Air Ride was canceled once to make an actual Kirby game (which became Kirby and the Crystal Shards). Then it was revived for the Gamecube. There was supposed to be a Gamecube Kirby game, but that got delayed so it could be made for the Wii. It's still absent.

This is one big reason of why Sakurai quit HAL Laboratories and gave up the rights on his own creation. Kirby's Air Ride was the last Kirby game he worked on (unless you count the Smash Bros. series).

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    While we're just talking about Kirby, I'd love to see him in a Mario Kart game. I don't know why they haven't added him, unless they don't have the rights to the character, which would suck. ;;

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Kirby Air Ride is a very, very underrated game.

Sure, single player sucks and is too easy. But when there are four people playing, it's just as (if not more fun) than Smash Bros. And I mean all three modes- City Trial is just spetacular with four people, and Top Ride is incredibly fun and chaotic.

My favourite vehicles are the Slicky Star and the Wheelie Scooter.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    While we're just talking about Kirby, I'd love to see him in a Mario Kart game. I don't know why they haven't added him, unless they don't have the rights to the character, which would suck. ;;
    Mario Kart is typically Mario characters only. They can certainly get the rights, but they don't include non-Mario characters in console versions of Mario Kart, unlike Super Smash Bros. (arcade versions have had Pac-Man, however, oddly enough).
    Kirby Air Ride is a very, very underrated game.

Sure, single player sucks and is too easy. But when there are four people playing, it's just as (if not more fun) than Smash Bros. And I mean all three modes- City Trial is just spetacular with four people, and Top Ride is incredibly fun and chaotic.

My favourite vehicles are the Slicky Star and the Wheelie Scooter.

Hooray, another Wheelie Scooter fan.

And mentioning Super Smash Bros., you can really see a lot of Brawl (particularly the menu and goals) in Kirby's Air Ride. They are quite similar, although Brawl's versions are a bit more beefed up.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years

And mentioning Super Smash Bros., you can really see a lot of Brawl (particularly the menu and goals) in Kirby's Air Ride. They are quite similar, although Brawl's versions are a bit more beefed up.

Super Smash Bros. was build on the engine that Kirby games were developed on. The makers of Kirby are the main ones who designed Super Smash Bros.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Super Smash Bros. was build on the engine that Kirby games were developed on. The makers of Kirby are the main ones who designed Super Smash Bros.

Exactly. Hence why I pointed it out. As I mentioned earlier, Kirby's Air Ride was the last Kirby game that Sakurai developed. Then in Brawl, there were several things quite similar to Air Ride. He must have some bond with that game, even if it made him quit HAL, it was still his final Kirby moment.

Years
    I really should like Air Ride a lot more than I do, but for some reason, it doesn't leave an overall lasting impression on me. I think it has more to do with it being the last major console game in the Kirby series, more than the game itself.

Jeez, I want that Kirby Wii game already. =P

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    I LOVE Kirby Air Ride! I tend to play alwyas do city run with drag races at the end, so that I always have to pick up Top Speed Ups and beocmes mega fast :D

Back