• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kirby's Epic Yarn [Released Oct. 17]

Cello

Tonight!
Years

• That's right folks! It's time for our little round pink friend to hit the consoles hard again, this time in in a yarn-like form

Kirby's Epic Yarn hit's stores October 17th and is highly anticipated by most who got their hands on it at E3, landing it at the top of the list of most anticipated games actually played at E3, which came as a surprise to everyone who has seen it's unique new style.

The Plot said:
    One day, Kirby spots a strange-looking Maximum Tomato and decides to eat it. However, the tomato belonged to an evil wizard named Yin-Yarn who becomes angry at Kirby and sucks him into a dimension where everything, including himself, is made of yarn. Upon arriving in this strange world, Kirby befriends a young prince named Fluff. After Fluff explains Yin-Yarn's plans, Kirby agrees to help him

Thoughts?

============================================

My thoughts,
    Basically, it's a Kirby game. It's hard to be disappointed when it comes to a Kirby game.
    Hal Laboratories is best known for for making a massive change to their series and coming out on the other end of it all in overall success.

This game looks intriguing, but VERY different. It looks like Kirby lacks his ability to actually suck up enemies and gain their power.
    Rather he can toss them around and use his own abilities to scale the stages, using a transforming ability at his own will without the aid of an enemy.

I'm definitely giving it a go, though.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I only wish I had enough money to buy it right off the bat. I've been waiting on this since I saw the trailer. And that's really all I have to say. XD; Plot is soooo Kirby~

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I would definitely love the game to include Kirby's traditional power-stealing ability, but the game looks like a fantastic platformer on its own. :D

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS.

Those hacks at HAL never fail to amaze me. This deserves GT's Best Graphics of E310. And there aren't many games that integrate gameplay with graphics. Gameplay and story? Yeah, that happens. It's not that hard. Gameplay and graphics? That takes mad skillz.

This is gonna pwn, HARDCORE.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • It's a totally different appeal to gamers and different for avid kirby fans, but I think that the power-stealing ability is what made Kirby.

Nevertheless, I'm still in love with this game.

Kazuhiro

Extra GOOD
    Years
  • Get Hype!

This is by far the best looking Kirby game, and the gameplay doesn't look like it'll be a let down. The plot is typical Kirby-like, so it's fine imo. Kirby games never had super deep stories to explain Kirby's adventures anyway.

This is one of the few games that reminds me why I bought a Wii in the first place.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Well, I just played a bit of the game today at Comic Con NY, and it's pretty awesome. It's more difficult than it looks, I can tell you guys that much. I was facing a giant dragon thing as the blue prince guy thing and it was difficult.

It runs smooth and has great graphics, though.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Well, I just played a bit of the game today at Comic Con NY, and it's pretty awesome. It's more difficult than it looks, I can tell you guys that much. I was facing a giant dragon thing as the blue prince guy thing and it was difficult.

It runs smooth and has great graphics, though.

I can't even begin to explain how jealous I am of you right now. But that's great to hear that it's challenging and just overall impressive.

It did look like it ran pretty good.
    I'm so excited, ha ha!

Kazuhiro

Extra GOOD
    Years
  • Should I get this? I mean it looks cool and I like the Kirby series in general, but idk about getting this.

Heh, why not?

If you're looking for a fun platformer to play, this might be a great choice. Besides, I don't think there is anything else on the Wii worth playing right now except maybe Other M.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    I love Kirby games- they're just so simply satisfying.
    There's no pressure to them, just a relaxing ride. There's no intensive training like Pokemon, no hard-core plot like Zelda, just a sickeningly cute pink ball floating around, eating enemies, and traveling across the universe to retrieve a piece of cake. It does not get any better than this, my friends.

One moment. I think I'll go get a Kirby avatar, get a Kirby sig, and put this in it.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • man i want this at release... but i dont have enough money... T.T
    oh well looks like it shall be my holiday game.
    i've been waiting for a kirby game for the wii ever since i got the wii.
    i wonder what happened with that one they were going to release on the gamecube and got transfered onto the wii?

Guren

Troll
    Years
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn looks, well... epic ;3 It seems really neat, and as you said, 'intriguing'. Definitely looking forward to this one. Never really been disappointed with a Kirby game before, although I've only owned a one or two, but still they're really cute and the ideas behind the gameplay are fascinating. Can't wait to figure out some yarn puzzles : )

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • BUUUMP.
    Tomorrow it is released, and I plan on purchasing it before work.

Anybody else planning on buying it tomorrow?

Last edited:
    Back