• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kirby's Epic Yarn [Released Oct. 17]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • ^ ebay ftw in that case.

I would get it, if I had the money. Sadly, I do not.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • ^ Region locking FTL in that case.

and my mum doesn't trust the internet. ;-;

i will totally buy it the day it comes out. Better start saving now.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I'm getting it today. I'm waiting for my sister to wake up so that we can go and get it. I'm a bit excited.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I just got it and the game is amazing! I'm not use to playing with my Wii remote sideways though but I'm getting use to it.

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • Wow. This looks really good, but i'm bone dry on money right about now, no it'll be for Christmas or a bit earlier :D

That's precisely why I pre-ordered it in full months ago, when I did have the money ;)

I just got it and the game is amazing! I'm not use to playing with my Wii remote sideways though but I'm getting use to it.

I play tons of games that way (mostly Virtual Console though, to be honest), so it'll likely be second nature to me.

Guren

Troll
    Years
  • Oh, it's released? x D I'm not good at remember releasing dates.
    I might get it either today or tomorrow. So for those who already got it, how is it?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    It is the cutest game I have ever seen! I want it a lot.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Mein gott! The game is amazingly adorable before I even start it up!

Agreed. This game is insanely adorable. I love the flip book opening and narration.

"This grass feels funny", Kirby thought. "It feels like pants."

Everything runs very smoothly, like everyone said. The music is nice too. You double tap (as if you were dashing) to go into car form and move faster, hold the jump button after jumping to float down in parachute form, press down while jumping to pound down like a weight, and use the 1 button to use yarn to grab hold of stuff.

EDIT: Scratch that, I ****ING LOVE THIS GAME. The music is so elegant and I love hearing Kirby get all excited when you do something right, ha ha. :D
    Also, if you let Kirby sit there long enough he starts jump-roping with yarn. I d'awwwwed.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • "This grass feels funny", Kirby thought. "It feels like pants."

:cer_laugh: :cer_laugh: :cer_laugh:

That should be a new meme or something; I ROFL'd! Anyway, I just remembered that Kirby's Epic Yarn is released today (in the U.S. at least, Japan had a 3-day headstart IIRC!) Have fun playing it everyone; I hope I get to play it someday... :) The game looks so cute! :D

And I also hope that Kirby's bulldozer(?) move I saw in a gameplay video could be ported as his dash attack in Super Smash Bros. 4 somehow... :\

Also, if you let Kirby sit there long enough he starts[S-HIGHLIGHT] jump-roping with yarn[/S-HIGHLIGHT]. I d'awwwwed.

Uber-cute! :cer_love: Aagh...I think this game's cuteness factor just went through the roof, and I haven't even played it yet! :cer_laugh:

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • I just played it for three hours straight and I still want to play more! (I've got obligations preventing me from continuing at the moment and I need to rest anyway).

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, I've got the game, and I love it. It's really fun and imaginative, and it's incredibly cute. It's not a traditional game Kirby game, but it's great nevertheless. =D

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Well sweeties, I've got the game, and I love it. It's really fun and imaginative, and it's incredibly cute. It's not a traditional game Kirby game, but it's great nevertheless. =D

Yeah, the whole "not dying" thing is weird to get used to.

I really enjoy the game, though. I'm around 50% completion, and unfortunately can never find the time to play it.

Kirby's Epic yarn is receiving very good ratings though.
    91/100 based on 20 critics on MetaCritic.
    GameInformer gave it a flipping 95 out of 100, which i'm really surprised about because they usually like to bash on the Wii.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I only got at least 33% done on the game. According to IGN, Kirby Epic yarn got a 9.0 rating.

Years
  • Bah.

Want to consider getting this game, but us outside of America and Japan won't get this until 2011. Nintendo and their stupid schedules, the same thing happened for Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Taking the **** to be honest.

Back