• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KNIGHTMARE ROFL

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
    So quite recently, I was on shoddy chatting around with our local S&Mers. As of late I had no inspiration and I would usually abandon my projects halfway through ( like Team Walrein ). So I was waiting for Manaphy to become OU for another tool I could possibly use in stall. So anyways, I was on shoddy when Aero and I were on the road to making another team. I thought we should try something in the lower OU and suggested Breloom. Aero, I believe, objected and picked CB Lucario instead. I didn't agree with it so Aero suggested Superachi, a set I've always wanted to use so we were agreed. Sadly, a few seconds later Aero was kicked =(, soo ~
    I started building this team on its own with a few objectives in mind such as Spike Support, Sand Support and a Heatran Lure. So I present to you, Team Superachi !

The Team :
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL

In-Depth :

KNIGHTMARE ROFL

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 126 Attack / 12 Speed / 120 Special Defense
    Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL
    Stealth Rock
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL
    Stone Edge
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Pursuit
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Superpower
    So first, I decided to add Tyranitar due to a few reasons. The first being I was recently looking through Phillip's Team of Torment. Of course Tyranitar was none other then his lead. Looking through it, I thought it was quite a nifty lead so I decided to use it myself.
    Tyranitar itself is a very useful asset to my team giving me rocks and Sandstorm support and the same time. What's really useful is that Tyranitar may be still alive in certain games so he can come back for a pursuit. I decided to use Superpower over rest because I honestly needed superpower to hit certain things such as Lucario.
    Some interesting things that you should know from Philip's RMT...
    EV'd to do 95% min to standard lead Roserades with Stone Edge, allowing him to take the Sleep Powder (thanks to Lum), do at least 95% back, then let Sand Stream finish it off, rendering the focus sash useless. Then 12 Speed EV's is to outrun random other TTars that only put 4 or 8 speed on.
    and
    I prefer Pursuit on this over Crunch, just because I like guaranteeing that Latias or Rotom won't be coming in again. That also explains why I have so much SDef bulk; so I can switch in on those two with ease.
    Important Fact ( or not ) : This lead loses only to Infernape leads and Metagross leads. For Metagross, I usually set up Stealth Rock and take whatever Metagross throws at me. I follow up by switching to Empoleon and start shooting surfs and sometimes roaring. For Infernape leads, I usually switch right over to Latias to see what kind of play style the opponent uses. Close Combat usually means the player is either cautious or does not predict and a Stealth Rock would mean that this player likely predicts. Either way, my Tyranitar lives for him to be either death foddered later or for pursuit purposes.

KNIGHTMARE ROFL

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 60 HP / 196 Speed / 252 Special Attack
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Calm Mind
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Psychic
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Hidden Power KNIGHTMARE ROFL
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Energy Ball
    So this is the Man of the Minute, The Star of the Show, The guy who we support, whatever floats your boat lol. For the EV's, I used the standard evs, took some EV's from HP and threw them into speed for who knows why. I'm sure we can all learn more about the 'Superachi!' set by reading the set analysis rather tell you what it does. Energy Ball was there for the adjust to Manaphy entering OU but seeing as that won't happen for awhile, it can be Grass Knot as well for all intents and Purposes. And for your viewing pleasure and to answer those nagging doubts, let me do some damage calculations =)

+6 Psychic vs. max HP / SDef Blissey : (43.84% - 51.68%)
    +6 Psychic vs. max HP / 176 SDef Blissey : (45.94% - 54.20%)
    +6 Psychic vs. max HP / Def Blissey : (57.98% - 68.21%)
    +1 Energy Ball vs. max HP / Def Suicune : (52.48% - 61.88%)
    +2 Energy Ball vs. max HP / Def Suicune : (69.80% - 82.67%)

( Correct me if these damage calculations are wrong )

These calculations show you that Jirachi would probably beat all variants of Suicune. For CroCune, I would usually go to Latias but for 1 vs 1, Suicune vs Jirachi, I would Calm Mind until I hopefully had a +2 over Suicune through either attacking sparsely for Suicune to rest which would lower its chances of Calm Minding until I had +2 over Suicune, then I could openly attack it and finish it.
    For Blissey, hopefully the variant is a the standard variant which takes 50%~ from +6 Psychic because 252/252 is ridiculous and/or Bold Bliss which would downright lose. Blissey with Twave > Toxic could be a problem but I haven't encoutered those yet so I haven't had problems with them =).

This is not negotiable. Only the EV's are negotiable. The attacks will be changed at the community's and my discretion however we see fit to keep this the 'Superachi!' set ~

KNIGHTMARE ROFL

Latias @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 204 HP / 128 Defense / 176 Speed
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Dragon Pulse
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Calm Mind
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Reflect
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Recover
    Latias to me, was one of the most obvious partners to Jirachi. They take each other's weaknesses and pair together generally well. Latias provides ample ( literally ample ) support to the team with the only Ground Immunity, the other Fight Resist, the fire resist, and whole host of other crap. I originally used TrickSpecs Latias to screw around with Blissey but I sooned learned Latias was Pursuit Bait and didn't do any damage at the same time so I quickly switched to Reflect + Recover to better support my team and on of my core members alive longer ^^. The EVs are also standard as they're just the alternatives to the defensive Calm Mind set. Latias is really useful when facing CroCune because it resists water and I can Calm Mind + Recover alongside it and when a crit comes, Suicune goes down and so does the rest of the team as Reflect buffers Physical attacks from Tyranitar and Scizor. Latias also has ample switches as I said before because of its resistances so it is hands down, one of my most important members.

KNIGHTMARE ROFL

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Attack / 8 Def
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Bullet Punch
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Superpower
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL U-turn
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Quick Attack
    Ah, Scizor, the most common pokemon on every single team bar stall ( is it used on stall ? ~_~ ). Originally, I ran a LureZor set but that didn't turn out so well so I just ran the standard CBzor known far and wide for its efficiency. I now had to predict Heatran switch-ins and slap it with a superpower but overall, my team has benefited from this change. I personally don't know why I started running Quick Attack over Pursuit. Quick has been useful to me on a few occasions. It also makes me feel better that I have a priority that isn't resisted on waters even though its only 15 more BP. A bonus is that if I play my cards right, I can feign Pursuit on Scizor ( maybe once or twice ) with the option of using Quick Attack as a safety net.
    When replacing Scizor, please keep in mind that it needs to be able to Revenge and/or (preferably and) lure&counter Heatran soo~ yea.

KNIGHTMARE ROFL

Roserade @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 Defense / 136 Special Attack
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Spikes
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Hidden Power KNIGHTMARE ROFL
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Rest
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Energy Ball
    Allow me to introduce Cuterade ! Originally a concept only used by elves far up in Farthendeur >< Gifted by this extraordinary spiker, I didn't give up the chance to use it and I haven't regretted using it yet. Roserade has been gifted with the ability to absorb T-Spikes and resist fighting, which something my team sorely needs and relies on constantly. Like my other sets, Grass Knot has been replaced with Energy Ball preparing for the arrival of Manaphy which now has yet another month to go. Like any pokemon, a sweeper greatly benefits from spike support. Roserade is one of my other relief on pokemon mainly for its resist to Fighting, Water, and Electric. Roserade can also set-up on Blissey which happens quite commonly. On this set, I have decided to run Rest so I can NaturalRest when I hit a low HP which let's me live for a long time.

KNIGHTMARE ROFL

Empoleon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Speed
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Surf
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Grass Knot
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Ice Beam
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL Roar
    Empoleon was thrown in mainly to glue this team together. Adding yet another group of resistances and weaknesses. Empoleon has added to a list that totals three fight weaks, three ground weaks, while being Neutral to Fire which plagues a total of 3 other members. Empoleon resists Dragons targetted at Latias, Steels aimed at Tar, and neutral to Scizor and Roserade's fire. It also resists the Ice aimed at the other two members of my defensive core. As you can see Empoleon is a vital yet the most controversial member of this team supporting it defensively but weakening the offensive core by adding more weaknesses.
    Empoleon has the option of roaring and shuffling in sync with the spikes and rocks set up by Roserade and Tar respectively.

I know this team has a lot of glaring weaknesses so I need all your help, post anything you need to or the urge to say, make this a community effort !
    Thank you ~

btw, DA, no touch thread name >O

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    KNIGHTMARE ROFL
    <---This guy craps on your whole team. ~__~

Also why Spikes when you have like no spinblocker ?

Rotom >>> Latias please. Covers both.

What is Empoleon even doing lol ? Needs something to beat Mixape, Tentacruel works well imo. Toxic Spikes help superachi beat Blissey decently.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Okay so D_A covered the defensive issues with this team, but the offensive synergy is pretty weak too and IMO besides Gyarados is an even bigger problem. Speaking of Gyarados, it's kind of difficult to have a Superachi team when Gyarados goes completely wild seeing as it makes a fair Superachi check with Earthquake (and something that will force you out every time). The defensive Roar variants also are going to easily get rid of it.

Similar issues with Heatran. If you don't lure it with Scizor (and as someone who has used CB Scizor as a lure for Heatran I can tell you that this isn't always going to work, to say the very least lol), Heatran is going to have a pretty easy time giving you trouble, especially if the user is very good at predicting or he or she is running the Substitute set. I'm really not convinced that this team supports Superachi at all since there isn't any real support at all outside of Stealth Rock and a timely Superpower.

First of all, Latias isn't doing anything. You're using a set that defines Pursuit bait even though you rely on it to take Fighting and Ground attacks, AKA the two most threatening physical moves types in the game except for Outrages (and those will sink Latias obviously). It doesn't eliminate any of Jirachi's counters and nothing eliminates its counters. Replace.

Thunder >>> HP Fire on Jirachi. Thunderbolt is super useful for crushing Gyarados quickly, and the para chance is great. CM Thunderbolts with Stealth Rock are going to deal with Steels about as effectively as CM HP Fires do considering HP Fire doesn't KO any of them except Scizor and Forretress, neither of which are good against Superachi. Thunder is also usable to really eat stuff up with paralysis but the accuracy sucks and it'll end your sweep more than it will make one work. HP Fire isn't very useful though lol. Also Grass Knot >>> Energy Ball, hits Tar, Hippo, and Cune harder. Thunderbolt covers Vaporeon (not like it can hurt Jirachi anyway).

Empoleon is also doing nothing, there are better defensive Pokemon for whatever role it's trying to fill.

Replacing Latias and Empoleon...eh, make sure to get those weaks covered. Gliscor is probably a good choice to stall break (since you have a lot of issues with stall atm), or you could go a more offensive route and use Salamence, which can lure in Latias (aka Skarmory is in, hit the Latias switch-in with Draco, simple prediction) and its defensive typing is golden. I have to go though sooo I'll add on to this if I remember ~_~

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
    I am currently testing the suggestions but I have a question

can a Snorlax counter be placed somewhere on my team ? I don't know quite where to put a fighting type O_O

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I am currently testing the suggestions but I have a question

can a Snorlax counter be placed somewhere on my team ? I don't know quite where to put a fighting type O_O

:/

How can we do anything when we dont even know what the current line up is ?

edit :

Btw why are you using S.att evs on Roserade ? Fail, S.Def plz.

Last edited:
    Back