• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Knut, a baby polar bear, should be killed, say some animal activists

Jim

Dinner
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I saw it on the News, yes the news :laugh: . It looked really cute and acted like an over excited puppy! As if! They shouldn't kill it just because it dosen't know how to be a Polar Bear, it's not like it's going to be released into the wild at all! It could be a movie star!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • The activists should first criticize themselves why they're using manmade electronic products and visiting the supermarket for food instead of hunting for them like what 'nature intended them to be.'

Seriously... great if they can live on their own, but if they can't, then we just kill them off? Pandas basically leech off humans now with only less than 100 of them in the wild to reproduce with biologists' help in order to withstand extinction... nobody complained about them huh >>;

It's just one of those things where when you get too famous, *somebody* will want you to die or sue you for billions, even if you are an animal and not a famous human being.

o_o I agree entirely with you~ @@ I really don't see why people would say that a poor defenseless cub should die. I don't think people have a right to say that. >/ It makes me even more upset to hear that it is activists who think that it is better to kill the poor bear off.

._. I say let it live. Give it a chance~

Shift

Stolen from Wifiddle at Smogon
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    Shift thinks Knut shouldn't die unless he's killed a human or did something else that was really bad.

Dr. SmoothSeks

Bow, foolish mortals!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2007
    :O

HE'S NOT NATURAL! HE'S GOTTA DIE NOW!!!

Seriously, what the hell? It's stupid for these people to want to kill it just because it wasn't raised 100% naturally. Humans never cease to amaze me with new displays of idiocy...

Shift

Stolen from Wifiddle at Smogon
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    Precisely. Compare Knut with a human being such as ourselves. If the human wasn't raised naturally, let's say, the human was raised by wolves. Would we kill them? Shift thinks not.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Animal activists wanting to put an animal death. Wow, that's different.

Look at Sea World and Busch Gardens. They do great things in terms of animal conservation. Al baby animals rescued are bottle fed, why is this polar bear such an issue?

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Aw, Knut is adorable, cute creatures don't deserve to die. Only ugly ones do! Nah, but it's unfair just unfair ;;

PiplupRocks

Electric Trainer
    Years
  • OMG Isn't that animal abuse? Then if so.. I think we should say NO to killing animals! Just like tearing down rainforests! that's not fair isn't it?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Aw, Knut is adorable, cute creatures don't deserve to die. Only ugly ones do! Nah, but it's unfair just unfair ;;
    While there is some scientific merit to the idea of "cute" ... for the most part, everyone has a different view of what's cute. For example, I find spiders, beetles, and bugs like that absolutely adorable at times, yet most people I know don't feel the same way. A creature's life shouldn't be weighed solely on how it looks. =\

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Aw, Knut is adorable, cute creatures don't deserve to die. Only ugly ones do! Nah, but it's unfair just unfair ;;
    Why is it only not okay to kill animals that are cute. Honestly, if it were a naked mole rat that could tap dance it would not be the same situation, I assure you.
    Nothing more needs to be said, really. Like Erica said, an animal's life should not be weighed solely on its appearance.

For the record, a tap-dancing naked mole rat would be left alive merely for its novelty value.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Okie, I don't get it sweeties. Animal activists wanting to kill an animal... What's wrong with the world?

But still, everything has the right to live. I don't see the purpose of killing the lilttle fella. I don't care if the sweetie is cute or ugly, a creature's life should not be taken away.

Back